Danger Signs

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
valentine

Danger Signs

Post by valentine » November 26, 2005, 11:07 am

Maybe us old hands can give a few pointers to the newbies to prevent them falling into wrong hands. My personal one is watch out if she can speak English, when she hasn't got the educational or employment background to justify it. Normally means been around in a profession that"caters" to foreigners a long time.
I personally have no knowledge of bar girls, but its an old saying"You can take a girl, out of a bar, but you can't take , the bar out of the girl"

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » November 26, 2005, 11:45 am

I agree till the end statement.

Not to disagree but have seen some fine church going ladies that used to run the bars pretty heavy. Also seen some fine church going lads that used to run the bars pretty heavy. We all have a bit of good and bad in us.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » November 26, 2005, 12:11 pm

Good subject.

I would say watch out for girls that ask for money at an early stage in a relationship i.e. buy me this, buy me that, money for parents, brother etc. A polite and well mannered girl will never directly ask for anything and if they do, especially at an early on in a relationship, may indicate that they are just looking for money and nothing else.

Also watch out for serious gamblers, a close friend of mine lost most of his life savings because, unknown to him at the time, she gambled his, house, car, boat and life savings away.

Lee

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » November 26, 2005, 12:13 pm

Watch out for the lady who is very,very keen to go and live in your country and talks about it from the very start of a relationship.If she does truly care she would be willing to live anywhere and not be upset to live in Thailand.It's easy to test by saying you will live here and take a look at her facial reaction.

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » November 26, 2005, 12:33 pm

Watch out for dating services!!!!!!!!!

What is her agenda vs yours?

For goodness sakes meet more than once!!!!!!!!!

Read what is written here.

Think about the long term. Short term can be fun and does do a great deal for ones ego.

Exotic can be fun and mystfying!!!!!!! Long term can be full of pain and misery.

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » November 26, 2005, 1:21 pm

After a bit of thought, look for the same danger signs you would in your own country. Would you meet a lady and marry her after only 1 or 2 meetings. There are a few more here and the guys are pointing them out for you. Use your right head and think about what it is you are doing. If in doubt don't do it until you can make the same statement I saw one guy use. Hope he doesn't get pissed by me quoting him But Galee wrote "I am 100% sure." Take a day or two or month but when you can say that and mean it, I say "Go for it" That way all danger signs will either go away or you will.

valentine

Post by valentine » November 26, 2005, 1:44 pm

Or she will, more likely!!!

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » November 26, 2005, 2:54 pm

So,from the advice so far,you are looking for a Thai lady who speaks little English,does not ask for money and does not want to leave Thailand. :)

valentine

Post by valentine » November 26, 2005, 3:58 pm

If I was in the market, thats bang on. plus me personally would require, non smoker, no tatoos and no kids.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 26, 2005, 4:15 pm

I agree with all of the above - particulalry how well they can speak English, I also look at how much gold they are carrying around on their wrists and fingers. I am wary if more than a little ( though I know thais like gold and see it as a sign of success, but too much is vulgar and can be a sign of previous acquisitions).

I also used to ask them if they had an email address. That can be a sign of regular communication with other farangs.

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » November 26, 2005, 8:49 pm

but too much is vulgar and can be a sign of previous acquisitions
Excellent observation arjay and so true.Extravagant clothing is also another good sign,short skirts,high heels and leopard print blouses.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 26, 2005, 9:35 pm

businessman wrote:short skirts,high heels and leopard print blouses.
Ah, Marcus...now you are talking about my type of girl.... :D :D

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » November 26, 2005, 9:51 pm

Remember Bob,it's not good to get too excited at your age. :)

On a slightly more serious note,Thai women are very conservative and if the woman has dyed,permed hair and a large plastic nose you know something is not quite right.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » November 27, 2005, 1:44 am

businessman wrote:large plastic nose
:lol: amongst a few other plastic bits i can think of, mind you, I can talk, I'm going to be part man part chromimum pretty soon :oops:

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » November 27, 2005, 1:52 am

BangkokButcher wrote:
:lol: amongst a few other plastic bits i can think of, mind you, I can talk, I'm going to be part man part chromimum pretty soon :oops:
A bit like Steve Austin???

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » November 27, 2005, 3:36 am

BangkokButcher wrote:
But what part is going to get augemented? :D :D :D :shock:

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » November 27, 2005, 3:43 am

banpaeng wrote:
BangkokButcher wrote:
But what part is going to get augemented? :D :D :D :shock:
Chromium plated with a gold adornement??? It beggers the imagination as to the lengths ( :lol: ) people will go to

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » November 27, 2005, 3:55 am

Erm, methinks I should have been a little clearer, just my hip socket fellas ;) :oops: nothing more nothing less :shock:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » November 27, 2005, 4:37 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Could not resist that one. Have a good evening.

johnuk
Location: Cumbria, UK(where men are men and sheep are terrified!)

Post by johnuk » November 27, 2005, 6:50 am

Let's face it guys there's nothing for nothing in this world. I am sure anyone with a Thai wife/girlfriend is contributing finacially one way or another. The difference is what you get for it what you from a UK woman for what you shellout and Thai woman is completely different. I think it's something to do with the exchange rate!

I married my wife(Thai) Feb 2004 and have never looked back since.

Mine you, I said same when I sold my British motorbike and had the luxury of a Japanese bike:
Slim, reliable, virtually self-maintaining, drunk less, got me home from the pub and you knew where it was in the morning!
(It's Tom Yam left a bit to be desired!)

On a serious side we are planning to move to Udonthani(my wife's home) to live in the future, haven't spend a longtime there.

Why Udon for you?(anybody)

Return to “Relationships”