BKK Grill

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
AznBigG
udonmap.com

Post by AznBigG » July 17, 2006, 2:05 pm

ray23 wrote:... BKK Grill. I say at times BKK, yesterday the burger was OK usually it's excellent. For those who have been there in the past we were told yesterday that the chubby older lady who talks 9 K an hour, died recently. I have no idea what she was saying in the past, but she was sure friendly I kind of missed her continual chatter.
We were also informed by the wait staff that she did pass away last week. It was very sudden and unexpected. We have been there since, and were told that since her family resides in/around Bangkok, arrangements were being made there.

The place is not the same without her. Often, she would amuse me by physically moving a motorbike so my son could park the car. And he would be totally embarrassed (but he loved it), when she would approached our table, mention how handsome he was with her funny loud voice, then give him a big hug! She was the woman with a fun personality!

We will surely miss her. May she rest in peace.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 17, 2006, 6:19 pm

The first time I visited BKK Grill - they had literally just opened, and the old lady with a beaming smile at seeing foreigners in there urged me to tell others about it which I duly did and in fact posted on this forum - resulting in many more foreigners discovering the place.
I am sure she would have appreciated all our support and custom albeit for just a short few months.

valentine

Post by valentine » August 3, 2006, 12:24 pm

Went into BKK Grill yesterday, had to do a quick double take after learning of the death of the previous lady, for standing there was , from outside, what looked her spit image, however it turned out to be her younger sister. She was just as lovely, very chatty and the food just as good. Found out it is a family chain with 10 outlets all over Thailand, including two in Bangkok, with plans to open more. The husband of the original lady is still there to help with parking your car.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » August 3, 2006, 1:43 pm

Yep I think thye have a winner on thier hands there, could we be seeing the invention of the Thia Jolly Bees?

valentine

Post by valentine » September 16, 2006, 12:43 pm

Went there yesterday, despite some adverse comments on this forum i found the food as good as ever, not large , but adequate taking into consideration the very reasonable price. The service and friendly staff hadn't changed at all.Still on my list of places to go.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 16, 2006, 12:51 pm

was there yesterday also, missed you. agree, still a weekly stop, at least for me. partial to that malibu sandwich, which fills me up, along with picking at the other meals of those people that keep following me around.

wilson_smith
udonmap.com

Post by wilson_smith » September 17, 2006, 9:07 am

BKK grill = thumbs up!

cheap, good food, clean looking place, good service............never got sick there!

I guess thats my 5 star rating?

oldfield

Post by oldfield » September 17, 2006, 9:22 am

[quote="TC"]Sorry guys

I do not understand why you even eat in these places(out of choice)

If your TG or the TW (I am learning all the acronyms) can

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » September 17, 2006, 11:08 am

Well just out of curiosty even if your wife is the greatest cook in the world, don't you think she might enjoy going out spending an evening with you where the other people cook and wait on her?

Now me if I my wife couldn't enjoy that I would probably trade her in :lol:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 17, 2006, 11:50 am

i'll do, go, eat anywhere, just so i don't have to do dishes. as ray states, just because she is the best, who wants to cook and clean all the time. some things, just isn't worth the hassle to cook for 2 servings, all that prep time and cooking and dishes to wash, for couple servings, or too much and have leftovers that must be eaten or trashed.

good food, good service, wait on me please.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » September 17, 2006, 12:04 pm

Truth is my wife is an excellent cook, Thai dishes farrang dishes and great home made mexican food, we always have cakes or pies around, it was not an accident that I bought an oven. But it's also fun to go out and try new places and dishes from time to time. Most Thia dishes you can not make at home for even the cost of a meal, much less save money.

When we go out is when we run across friends and chat, or just do somethign different, cabin fever is not good for a realtionship. Lets face it guys we don't work and we spend a lot of time at home with our significant others. They got to get tired of not being able to fully communicate just as we do. So it is good sanity break for all concerned.

My gaol this month is to get some of that lobster at the Down Under :wink:

ttom
udonmap.com

BKK Grill is worth a try

Post by ttom » October 13, 2006, 11:46 am

This place is open now for quite a while and reknown for good value for money.

A heaven for meat lovers: the portions are truly generous. And if you want your steak medium rare, you will get it!

Open daily from 11 till 22.30 h.

Have a try!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 13, 2006, 11:59 am

ttom, I guess you mean BKK Grill, as that is the title of the thread.

Yes the portions and the prices are quite OK. Though some of the sauces can be rather sweet, like on the ordinary chicken steaks. :)

valentine

Post by valentine » October 13, 2006, 12:05 pm

I think the term"Generous portions" should be related to the price charged. Anyone going there for a stomache filling experience will be disapointed but if you think of the price you will say" Good value for money" :lol:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » December 1, 2006, 9:23 am

Don't know if I hit a bad night or what here but went last night and the food was terrible. Wife and I did not eat and left for the night market. There was no cheerful service or smile. They did not even enquire as to why the plates were only 1/4 eaten.

Really don't think I can get wife in again as bad as it was last night.

Out of 5 stars I would give them a -1/2.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » December 1, 2006, 10:13 am

banpaeng wrote:Don't know if I hit a bad night or what here but went last night and the food was terrible. Wife and I did not eat and left for the night market. There was no cheerful service or smile. They did not even enquire as to why the plates were only 1/4 eaten.

Really don't think I can get wife in again as bad as it was last night.

Out of 5 stars I would give them a -1/2.
You should try the place LA wrote-up HERE

and you can also stop-by and see the big roof, walls, and concrete drive, just down the road from there :!:

There most of the time, except when shopping, electrician is there all the time.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » December 1, 2006, 12:10 pm

Banpaeng as many times a you've eaten there and were elated, must have been a bad night or a new cook.

The atmosphire of the gabby lady is gone and I miss that, in my recent visits the food was OK, not outstanding, but the friendlyness did seem to be missing that was once there.

We tried the new resturant by the Chinese What lake, last night I really didn't care for it but the wife liked it so we will probably be back. Standard fair of steak and french makes the farrang.

Very small prtions more of a snack then a meal, but they only charge 39 baht for it so you can't expext much. It was tastey just neeeded more of it adn the cook needs to learn you don't need to burn french fries.

I will give it another try, but I was stupid enough to go back to Richmonds Steak House to :cry:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » December 1, 2006, 1:21 pm

had one bad day there, out of about 20 isn't too bad. the malibu sandwich was good as usual, just the side of rice was cold and bland. which i don't really care much about the sides anyway, as the sandwich is filling for me. my steaks i prefer elsewhere, ribs are ok and the little one likes the fried shrimp and beer is cheap enough. good for couple times a month.
stupid enough to go back to Richmonds Steak House
:D :D :D

mama said if you can't say something nice, don't say anything :D :D

so i'll just say australian and/or new zealand steaks do absolutely nothing for me, especially for the price. i'll give the service a bad day rating, as others have enjoyed their visit. but if they are supposed to be premium steaks, then i don't need to visit australia or nz for my beef. :D

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » December 1, 2006, 5:19 pm

Moma wa right I'm not saying anything

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » December 13, 2006, 2:51 am

ray23 wrote:Moma wa right I'm not saying anything
Quite right Ray, lips sealed :lol:

John

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”