Picolo Roma will open at new spot

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Dakoda
udonmap.com

Picolo Roma will open at new spot

Post by Dakoda » April 6, 2006, 4:21 pm

Picolo Roma will open in the night market area. Small romanic setting with the checked cloth. Will check it out this Sat - and then maybe stop-by Kik's place for a short beer :!: :wink:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » April 6, 2006, 5:15 pm

and then maybe stop-by Kik's place for a short beer
Where is Kik's Place? With so many Bars and restaurants opening these days I find it difficult to keep up with them all!

Also I think Picola have a restaurant on the Sakok Nakon road, I'm not sure if it's open yet though.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » April 6, 2006, 10:05 pm

Where is Kik's Place?

Thats where the Sat meet up is at, per Paul's post? Maybe since I will stop-by it has been changed. Oh, sorry thats the owners name, well last time I checked it was. KaKaDu sounds like someone in Iraq made that one up, while ducking for cover, maybe :!:

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » April 6, 2006, 10:07 pm

Aparently its a South American Bird ?????

(of the feathered variety by the way)

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » April 7, 2006, 1:46 am

[quote="Paul"]Aparently its a South American Bird ?????

(of the feathered variety by the way)[/quo
our a national park in northern Australia south of Darwin :?:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » April 7, 2006, 8:05 am

Maybe you are thinking of the cockatoo? Maybe right, knowing how thai's spell english words :wink:

cockatoo

a national park in northern Australia
kakadu

Well the spelling is the same, but I will have to stick with
someone in Iraq made that one up, while ducking for cover
since I know an american working in iraq was involved with it.

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » April 7, 2006, 2:47 pm

Was on the way to the bank and saw a sign outside the Danish Bar & Resturant "CLOSED FOR EVER". Anyone hear anything about them closing up, I have ate there and enjoyed the food.

Pop's :pirate:

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » April 7, 2006, 8:27 pm

Dakoda wrote:
Maybe you are thinking of the cockatoo? Maybe right, knowing how thai's spell english words :wink:
I was told it was a bird by the owner (kik) I know what a cockatoo is - so its possible the spelling has been vandalised I guess.

Out of curiosity I did a google search and all the posts referred to kakadu National Park in Australia.

Never mentioned a kakadu bird !

Well the cockatoo bar doesn't have the same ring to it does it ?

Unless...... - no I wont go there ! LOL :)

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » April 9, 2006, 12:47 pm

Prenders88 and I decided to stop at the Picolo Roma for a bite to eat. Saw Val and Phron at the night market enjoying themselves (thank goodness Val was not in green tights).

The Picolo Roma is a place will visit again very soon. The owners wife let us know what the specials were for evening, lasagna mentioned and it's my favorite. The lasagna was excellent, almost tasted like my Aunt Paul who was Italian. A salad was served with the meal, shared by Tony and myself, along with a garlic bread. Both Tony and I had a Leo (large bottle). All came to a wopping 660 ฿ for all. Dakoda was there also and shared a class of with me, didn't like the taste of the wine much, would rather have French wine.

The atmosphere was nice and the service was very good. Even the chef and owner of the Picolo Roma made sure we had enjoyed the meal, as did with the rest of the customers there enjoying a meal.

This place I would recommend highly. I haven't tried their pizza yet but heard it was best here in Udon. So the next time I go there it will be for pizza.

Pop's :pirate:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » April 9, 2006, 7:41 pm

Well Pop's, I guess you didn't like the wine :!: Well, yes it was Thai wine, think from changmi, but the only thing the label said was "sweet wine", but after you told me "it was a "nice" dry wine, I decided anything (wine wise) you recormemended I would avoid. To me it tasted too sweet, and looked like vinegar :!: It was one of those bargains, from the changmi venders a few months back, that came to Tessco, they did have a nice dry wine :!: Otherwise I agree with the other part of post. Good to have seen you and Prenders88 - Did you take any of those candies home :?: :lol:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » April 10, 2006, 11:38 am

Went last night for the second time. Will echo al the above. I was very impressed with the food and service. Even though only my second time the owner remembered me and made me feel very welcome. Food was A+++++++++++++++. This is bad when the only thing I can find wrong was the service. If my drink glass was over 1/2 inch from the top they refilled it. What more type of service can you ask for.

valentine

Post by valentine » April 10, 2006, 5:59 pm

Hardly a small set up. If all the tables outside were theirs that had the check tableclothes on. There is a seperate bar area , a large screen TV set up and an internal restaurant. Didn't go in but it looks impressive and certainly will try it before long. :D

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » April 30, 2006, 10:24 am

Gf said yesterday (sat 29 april) she wanted pizza at 4pm, so decided to try Picolo Roma.
Ordered small pizza for gf, 180 baht and big lasanga for myself, 250 baht.
Surprise was the italian chef/owner brought some baked pizza bread with a tomoto salsa and a salad. Thais are not big eaters, so the gf felt full before her pizza was served!!!
Anyway, the food was excellent and we will be back for some lighter food.

norwayman

Post by norwayman » May 14, 2006, 6:06 pm

Kakadu is also the most famous gogo bar in Copenhagen,
every day, is a new beginning

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 14, 2006, 7:13 pm

norwayman wrote:Kakadu is also the most famous gogo bar in Copenhagen,
maybe so, but the girl on their web site don't look like she works in the piccolo roma. Image
Can You Dig It Dug.?

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 15, 2006, 10:36 am

Back on topic. Based on above reviews, we tried x Roma the other night and it was great. Tossed salad and breadsticks appetizers. Had Fettucine with a meatball/mushroom sauce. Beer Leo and coke. Also ordered a pizza with the works, took half back to the hotel. Very tasty and inexpensive meal for under 600 baht.

Nice touch for the chef/owner to come out personally and ask if everything was ok. Attentive and friendly waitresses.

A very short walk from x to night market's open area to entice one of the tiger gals to bring me a Beer Chang, krap. :lol:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » May 18, 2006, 6:48 am

Well, the size of x Roma is going to triple in a couple of weeks. Can you say piano bar :?: 8)

Bouph
udonmap.com

Post by Bouph » May 25, 2006, 2:18 am

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on May 24, 2018, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Piccolo Roma

Post by FrazeeDK » May 25, 2006, 8:01 pm

I've eaten there twice now.. Good food, excellent and attentive service and decent prices.. I'll be back!
Dave

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » June 21, 2006, 7:46 am

went there 2 nights ago, we had penne italian saucage and seafood spaghetti, both delicious, but the dessert we did not plan to take: tiramisu and apple crunch with ice cream and red fruits......700 baht, no alcohol though.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”