Good Everything Restaurant (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 20, 2013, 8:12 pm

semperfiguy wrote: I would like to try this place but I have never been able to find it. All the maps that I have seen have it placed incorrectly and there is nothing there once I arrive at that pinpointed location. Please give exacts directions, preferably with an accurate map. Thanks!
Since you asked this, there has been nothing new posted about the prices at GER ie everything was known before you asked.

So why are you now saying?:
With all the talk of how expensive this restaurant is, I'm very reluctant to even walk in the place. I'd like to go by and try the English breakfast if it is served all day. Then if the wife could find an entree for less than 120 or so, then that would be okay, but I'm not up for a 500 baht simple lunch for two.
:-k

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 20, 2013, 8:26 pm

jackspratt wrote:
semperfiguy wrote: I would like to try this place but I have never been able to find it. All the maps that I have seen have it placed incorrectly and there is nothing there once I arrive at that pinpointed location. Please give exacts directions, preferably with an accurate map. Thanks!
Since you asked this, there has been nothing new posted about the prices at GER ie everything was known before you asked.

So why are you now saying?:
With all the talk of how expensive this restaurant is, I'm very reluctant to even walk in the place. I'd like to go by and try the English breakfast if it is served all day. Then if the wife could find an entree for less than 120 or so, then that would be okay, but I'm not up for a 500 baht simple lunch for two.
Actually Jackspratt, I Googled GER looking for a map and wound up reading the reviews of Trip Advisor, so that's why I made the comment about the high prices. Didn't mean to necessarily imply that those comments came from UM members. Nearly every comment under the reviews contained some language about the place being high priced and not necessarily a good value for money spent....at least that's the way I interpreted the comments.

:-k
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 20, 2013, 8:50 pm

For those who are interested, here are the Trip Advisor reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... vince.html

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 20, 2013, 9:48 pm

Good Everything was always a restaurant opening 5pm onwards,maybe this breakfast thing is solely geared at breakfasts,doubt they would have a 50 baht Thai dish on offer.
All these posts have made it more than likely for an early visit by myself now =D> ,twas hoping a photo of the breakfast would swing it either way for me 8)
Semperfiguy,just pop in quickly and look at the Breakfast menu or when I have free time soon, will do the same 8)

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » August 21, 2013, 8:08 am

Last week went to Good Everything breakfast twice with my wife, first time we shared three meals so as to try more, some are small eg the rice soup (an excellent rice soup, not the normal simple stuff around town) with accompaniments for only 80 baht, or the fish steak with barley (similar price as I recall). Both times the entire bill was discounted 20%, personally I do not think they need to discount the breakfast prices.

The second time the owner suggested "special today" Eggs Benedict which my wife had, billed same as English Breakfast at 180 baht, she really enjoyed it, followed by a small fruit plate incuded in the price. And each time a complimentary cup / pot of green tea was offered.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 21, 2013, 11:16 am

Good Everything is open from 8am to 10pm everyday.
Breakfast is served from 8am to 11am.....the 3 choices of soup at 50 baht each plus the main dishes,including English Breakfast,priced from 80 baht to 130 baht are only available during this time,I think ?
But it would certainly do no harm just to pop in and ask.....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 21, 2013, 12:20 pm

From the latest magazine,their advert 8)

They are advertising Thai breakfasts so your other arf should be happy with some options plus other posters have already mentioned some options 8)
Good everything advert.jpg

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 22, 2013, 5:07 am

Will definitely pop in there next week for the breakfast,damn weather overnight has scuppered my idea for this morning :D Presumably they will not mind a photo done 8)

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » August 22, 2013, 7:31 am

pompui wrote:Will definitely pop in there next week for the breakfast,damn weather overnight has scuppered my idea for this morning :D Presumably they will not mind a photo done 8)
Indeed Pomps tazz been a tadge inclement over neet ,,, im going to GE after a morning meeting so may post my brekkie thoughts ,,,,,,,, and if the roof leaks there !!!!!!!

mash

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » August 26, 2013, 3:49 am

We ate here earlier this month for lunch, best food we ever had in Udon Thani, also the most expensive with a 2k bill, but wife did order a lot of food, well worth it (I had an excellent lamb stew and we had some pastries for desert)

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 8, 2013, 7:14 am

Lamb stew sounds good \:D/ ,went past the restaurant the other day,parking area packed,maybe the restaurant or people using it for other means :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 11, 2013, 5:15 pm

Starting from the beginning of this month,Good Everything have 20% discount on all coffee and cakes purchases.
Ideal for the discerning farang who wants a fuller figure....... 8)
Open daily from 8am to 10pm.
Good Everything promotion.jpg

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 13, 2013, 9:22 am

Guys,do you realise its just 6 weeks today before Christmas ! :shock:
To help you celebrate the Festive Season and New Year,Good Everything now has a decent selection of Belgian beers in stock for you to try.
Enjoy a refreshing Belgian beer along with a delicious meal,which includes Western,Thai and Fusion cuisine plus mouthwatering desserts.
Relaxing garden type atmosphere in the restaurant overlooking scenic Nong Prajak park.....open 8am-10pm daily.

The Belgian beers in stock are.....

1.Delerium Tremens
Delerium Tremens.jpg
Delerium Tremens.jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
This award winning blonde beer is a best seller in Bangkok and will,more than likely,be the same in Udon.Its a delicious beer and at 8.5% alcohol has quite a kick to it.....priced at 170 baht.

2.Kasteel Donker
Kasteel Donker.jpg
Kasteel Donker.jpg (8.12 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
A very popular dark beer which goes down very smoothly.At 11% alcohol its not for the faint hearted and even Australian cricket fans could be "bowled over"(literally) after 3 or 4 bottles of this drink !......priced at 170 baht.

3.Bacchus Kriek
Bacchus Kriek.jpg
Bacchus Kriek.jpg (4.58 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
This Cherry fruit beer is proving to be a big hit with the ladies in Bangkok.Its a sweet,delicious drink with 5.8% alcohol
and ideal for the sophisticated lady in your life.......priced at 200 baht.

4.Floris Chocolat
Floris Chocolat beer.jpg
Floris Chocolat beer.jpg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
An unusual chocolate tasting beer.Good for the chocaholics amongst you who would prefer a not too strong beer with their dessert,for instance.Its alcohol volume is just 4.2% and can be drunk by either men or ladies....price 180 baht.

SPECIAL PROMOTION WHILST STOCKS LAST

Buy either a Delerium Tremens,Kasteel Donker or Floris Chocolat and get a bottle of Bacchus Kriek FREE !
*Whilst stocks last.....limited period only.

On a personal note,I was in Good Everything last night and tried the Delerium Tremens,Kasteel Donker and the Bacchus Kriek !! (wow,what a guy) 8)
The Delerium Tremens is my favourite...very tasty.The Kasteel Donker is very strong but I was surprised at how smoothly it went down.The Bacchus Kriek was nice and sweet....more of a lady drink,really and it got the thumbs up from my wife.
The buy 1 get 1 free promotion is not too be missed but on only while current stocks of the Bacchus Kriek last.
Enjoy a nice meal with a bottle or two of the Belgian beer in nice surroundings.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 13, 2013, 10:38 pm

Thanks for the info Zidane :D Good Everything seem to be getting their act together,they normally have a Christmas menu each year so informs us when you know. 8)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 14, 2013, 5:35 pm

I was in Good Everything for lunch today,pomps,nice rack of lamb with vegetables,mashed potato and gravy.
The Christmas Lunch menus will be finalised next week but will be along these lines.....

Starters : Soup or Chicken Liver Pate
Main Course : Roast Turkey with all the trimmings or Vegetable Lasagne
Desserts : Xmas Pudding with custard or cream or Mince Pies with custard or cream
Tea or coffee

Possibly free glass of champagne or glass of Belgian beer

Possibly surcharges for Chelsea FC fans and/or Audi drivers ;)

When the menu is finalised I'll post on here.

Anyway,very good lunch there today.A nice farang from Denmark and his Thai sweetheart drinking the Kasteel Donker and a Belgian lady drink......a party of 5 Singaporeans enjoying the tasty food with two very pretty young ladies in the party ! :love:

Belgian Beer Promotion

The details I posted previously were slightly incorrect....well,this Belgian beer is strong stuff..... 8)

Its buy 1 of Delerium Tremens,Kasteel Donker,Bacchus Kriek or Floris Chocolat
Get a free bottle of Witterkerke Rose 4.3%
Witterkerke Rose is a Raspberry Fruit beer.....sweet and easy to drink
Whilst stocks of Witterkerke last.

Enjoy a refreshing Belgian beer with Western,Thai or Fusion cuisine in a relaxing garden restaurant setting.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 14, 2013, 6:05 pm

Had a really nice call from the owners of Good Everything saying how pleased they are with the Belgian beers ,, customers are loving them and they wish to re order ..... great news , great place , great food .

Thanks for the update Zid .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 23, 2013, 3:06 pm

one of the restaurants we have visited ,not bad restaurant , nice people , but way overpriced compared quality/quantity ...i did take a smoked salmon for starters, and it was the same salmon you can buy in makro for 95baht now 100gr what wasn't even a full pack on the plate , i did expect better salmon than makro quality surely for the price...
the lamb stew was ok but nothing special and way to small again compared to the price...
the bill was over 2.000 baht and wasn't worth it to me but maybe as a cook myself i am to critical ...
if the would readjusted their pricing matching more the quality/quantity of the food ,i am sure they would have more customers , as we were the only ones there , must have a reason... ;)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 27, 2013, 7:51 pm

I have it on good authority that Good Everything will be doing a Thanksgiving dinner from tomorrow lunchtime.
Starter: Pumpkin and Bacon soup
Main Course : Turkey
Dessert : Apple crumble with cream/ice cream or Fresh fruit with cream/ice cream

Sorry,I dont know the cost but you can call them on 042-245544 if interested.

Also maybe a chance for Americas finest to sample a Belgian beer after being led to believe that Budweiser was the best in the world,for so long ! ;)

I'll try and pop in tomorrow night,hopefully to give Thanksgiving for Manchester United reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League,and will try to find out if the Xmas menus have been finalised yet and the cost.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 28, 2013, 11:28 pm

Called in at Good Everything tonight to give Thanksgiving for Manchester Uniteds fantastic 5-0 away win over Bayer Leverkeusen.The place was packed including some Americans celebrating....wow,Manchester United fans from the other side of the world,who would believe that ? ;) why else would they be there ? :-k ......the turkey was delicious and moist btw.
Anyway,after 4 Delerium Tremens :shock: I have finally managed to get the Xmas menu.

Starters: Pumpkin or Mushroom Soup or Bruschetta.
Main course : Turkey with the trimmings or Vegetable Lasagne.
Dessert : Xmas Pudding with custard or ice cream or Fresh Fruit with ice cream
*the possibility of mince pies also.
Tea or coffee.
PRICE 690 BAHT

From 12pm lunchtime till 10pm nightime.

Christmas Eve/Christmas Day Belgian Beer Promotion
Delerium Tremens 100 baht from 170 baht
Bacchus Kriek 120 baht from 200 baht
Witterkerke 50 baht
Awaiting new delivery from supplier,shortly. 8)

Note: On Boxing Day the Xmas menu will still be available without the Belgian beer promotion.
On 27th December any Turkey leftovers will be utilised for Turkey soup,Turkey sandwiches,Turkey pie etc.at knockdown prices....the same as back home,really !
I'll update this post weekly as Christmas approaches.....

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 30, 2013, 7:18 am

Zid,when next in there,let them know it would be good business sense to update their facebook page,bit limited re info 8)

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”