Good Everything Restaurant (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
lee
udonmap.com

Good Everything Restaurant (Sponsor)

Post by lee » August 6, 2009, 12:43 pm

Good Everything Restaurant Udon Thani
Delicious Cakes, English High Tea, Romantic Dining, Fusion Food
Wi-Fi Available

43/2 Phoniyom Road, Muang Udon Thani Tel. 042-245-544 (Opposite Nong Prajak Main entrance) Map Ref H7
http://www.goodeverything.com
goodeverything.jpg
goodeverything.jpg (79.43 KiB) Viewed 13076 times
goodeverything1.jpg
goodeverything1.jpg (87.23 KiB) Viewed 13076 times
goodeverything3.jpg
goodeverything3.jpg (67.24 KiB) Viewed 13076 times
goodeverything4.jpg
goodeverything4.jpg (70.46 KiB) Viewed 13076 times
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 3&t=k&z=18[/googlemap]

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Good Everything Restaurant

Post by jackspratt » August 6, 2009, 1:11 pm

Along with the Sumo (Japanese), Good Everything is probably the best food I have had in Udon.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » August 6, 2009, 2:50 pm

jackspratt wrote:Along with the Sumo (Japanese), Good Everything is probably the best food I have had in Udon.
yes, Absolutely correct jack - Good everything does offer the best food in town and Sumo the best Japanese.
Glad to hear you don't scrimp when it comes to your dining habits jack............. \:D/

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » August 6, 2009, 8:09 pm

Without exception the best posh nosh at a reasonable price... my absolute favourite resteraunt in Udon..

And the sweets are to die for!!!!

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » August 6, 2009, 10:59 pm

Good Everything is one of my favorites. The pictures do not deceive. The food presentations are beautiful and well designed. I find dishes that keep me returning and the served portions are filling. One of the several pasta dishes with white sauce is my usual choice. The fruit plates are hard to pass up. Not cheap, of course; but it may be reasonably judged a good value.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 7, 2009, 12:03 am

This is the only farang restaurant I have visited in Udonthani. It was for the birthday of a special friend and there were four of us there. The food was excellent as was the service.

I guess Swenson's, and the the Pizza place in the Complex are farang too. The former I like, the latter is alright. That is just my opinion.

Mae Yaa is the Udonthani restaurant we most frequent but not too often.

So...if you want good food, dine at Good Everything and you should not be disappointed.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 7, 2009, 2:34 am

Having not been for a year,decided to pay a return visit yesterday early evening.I struggled to finish the white snapper main course,a much larger portion than before,enjoyed as before the mash potato and garlic bread with the dish.TW also struggled with pork chop main dish.
The phillipine lady still works there,new young phillipine staff has replaced the previous friendly man,price to me seems to have gone up slightly so not cheap but for good food you have to pay,simple.No issue with me bringing my own red wine as found their house wine before too acidic.No leos beer sold here and no you cannot bring your own leos :lol: ,sitting outside good option at the front,mounted fan all to yourself to keep the mossies away.
There are other threads for the restaurant,one when they first set up the website and with countless recommendations,for anyone contemplating something different, albeit price in high end, then look no further. 8)

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » August 7, 2009, 3:39 am

I went there last year so can't comment on the place as it is today but at the time it was excellent. Friendly service, big portions and very tasty food. Good variety aswell.

Casper
udonmap.com

Post by Casper » August 7, 2009, 4:48 am

They could have used a better pic for the T-Bone looks like one of my old work boots.

Where is the Fried Mushrooms,Onions covered in Gravy.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 7, 2009, 5:38 am

There is still limited parking spaces in front of the restaurant being a negative and I forgot from my last post to say, not sure if they included a corkage fee for my red wine, as I was demolishing their apple crumble and ice cream when the bill arrived and since my belly was happy just handed over enough with 100 baht as tip.
Smoking is allowed outside and despite me taking on plenty of liquid to go with the meal,failed to pop into the jungle style toilets with the swingdoors,presumably it is in the same style. 8)
Maybe a mod can place their other links/posts to this thread so that forumites can read previous comments etc,

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 7, 2009, 8:21 am

Yes, the Good Everythings is mentioned in a few previous threads pompui. Sadly none of them are specific to it - they are on the "Where do I find a good place to eat" type of thread. Because of that the references to it are mixed up with references to some of Udon's other fine eateries, so not really suitable to be referenced on their thread...

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 7, 2009, 9:00 am

Casper wrote:They could have used a better pic for the T-Bone looks like one of my old work boots.

Where is the Fried Mushrooms,Onions covered in Gravy.
Although I have never gone to a''very high class expensive steakhouse'' in Thailand,I would say that the picture,although I personally agree with your observation,is of a better quality than any beef steaks I have eaten here!

I rarely ate pork in America ,being a beef oriented,but in Thailand ,it is mostly pork and chicken due to the low quality beef generally served! :(

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 7, 2009, 3:51 pm

Casper wrote:They could have used a better pic for the T-Bone looks like one of my old work boots.
I bet it tastes better though.

And nicely presented food by the way.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Barstool
udonmap.com

Post by Barstool » August 8, 2009, 7:52 pm

I've never seen a bad review for this place, it's still my favourite by far especially since the demise of Green Leaf.

BTW, when do I qualify for "gerb" status ... my feet are sore :(

addict

Post by addict » January 2, 2010, 4:58 pm

Every time a friend visits, I always take them to Good Everything. Even for just a cup of coffee / tea and slice of cake... everything is really good... wonderful service too... I might have to say that this is where you get real service even better than the hotel restaurants..

bigtilly
udonmap.com

Post by bigtilly » February 10, 2010, 5:31 am

In mho the best restaurant in town. Great food very well presented. If there is a classier place in Udon, I've not seen it.
A breath of fresh air. I wish I was there now instead of not so sunny Wakefield!!

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » February 10, 2010, 9:10 am

The blue marker on the overhead photo marking the location of the Good Everything restaurant appears to be a hundred yards off and on the wrong street. The restaurant is on the street that runs along the park, not down a side street across from the part enterance.

APLESS ARRY

Post by APLESS ARRY » February 10, 2010, 5:48 pm

Hi, me and the TW had a great meal here, sat outside, nice breeze,only downside was a drooling felix whose continued presence and persistent nudging culminated in it experiencing a flying lesson.

udonuk1
udonmap.com

Post by udonuk1 » May 8, 2010, 3:28 pm

I went there for the first time yesterday. Well i have to say that it's name sort of sums the place up. It is a trendy European restaurant transported to the western side of Nong Prajak. Chintz decor with name tags of the restaurant adorn everything. Prices very reasonable to farangs, the thai food is a bargain and in top league, everything artistically presented.
I must say that my steak did NOT look like the one in the photo, although it was mighty big and cooked well. It was slightly tough, like MOST Thai steaks are, and flat texture unlike the photo. How to cut a tough steak when you have a wonky table, is not in the book of etiquette, i was not sure what to do, my Thai lady companion was alarmed by the storm force waves that were appearing in her water glass !!
The appetizers are very tasty, with small samples of Thai veggies and dips, fish.
At the end of the meal, a range of cakes is presented , i opted for the Blueberry Cheesecake , US style !
THe coffees and teas DID have outrageous prices (90 baht for expresso), so i gave that a miss.
But all in all, this must be best farang restaurant in Udon by far ! Good service , good tasty stylish food !!

alfredohk

Post by alfredohk » June 10, 2010, 3:35 pm

I have been there with my family and relatives several times for 2 years. It is worthwhile of tasting its great variety of dishes and drinks with compatiable prices and attentive services. I must say it is hardly of dining at the similar outlets served good foods at reasonable cost in Hongkong.

Hopefully, I would be at Good Everything Udon coming Christmas.

Cheers.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”