BUY 1 get 1 FREE

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
AussieElla
udonmap.com

BUY 1 get 1 FREE

Post by AussieElla » November 16, 2009, 12:29 pm

I am excited. Our Chef Ongart is wonderful in the kitchen. To celebrate you are all invited to dine with us. Order something from our Bistro Menu and your Thai lady can enjoy her Thai food for FREE. This offer is available Monday to Saturday until 30 November, 2009. Check out the menu here: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/a ... 15685.html I have emailed the info and some pics to Lee today, so he will post them some time soon. I look forward to seeing you all. Happy Days. Aussie Ella

AussieElla
udonmap.com

Re: BUY 1 get 1 FREE

Post by AussieElla » November 16, 2009, 12:31 pm

Remember to tell the girls your saw this on Udonmap to get your free meals.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 16, 2009, 12:49 pm

Now then Sheila

If i go alone to the Ozzie Bar and want to still take part in ur offer, can i order the Thai food, and give it to your lovely staff instead of buying them a drink ! So its like Ladies Meal and not a Ladies Drink

A way to a Thai womens heart after shopping must be her stomach.

AussieElla
udonmap.com

Post by AussieElla » November 16, 2009, 3:34 pm

Good point Wazza, Lady Meals is a great concept! We all know Thai love to eat. Around town there are other promotions offering discounts, so look out for them too!!

AussieElla
udonmap.com

Post by AussieElla » November 18, 2009, 11:55 am

OK, so now Lee has posted the menus, although he made a mistake, he will fix it up soon. Take a look, and I'd appreciate feedback, although it can be said 'the proof is in the pudding' The customers say the best are the Lasagna & the fishernmans basket. Mind you the burgers are like no others in town and we make loads of them. The local and visiting Aussies say it's a real taste of home.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 18, 2009, 5:18 pm

Oh drat!!
I thought the buy one get one free was for the Bar fines #-o

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » November 18, 2009, 8:01 pm

ive just been to morrisons in uk to day. big bottles coke. buy one get 2 free. morrisons put 1ltr bott of bailys 10 POUNDS next day lo and behold asda same bottle 9 pounds day after coop same again 8pounds. compition is great. i wish it worked like that in thailand. i would still rather be in thailand.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 18, 2009, 8:16 pm

Anytime there's a buy-something, get-something free sale -- rest assured the giveaway is a lure. It also almost guarantees whatever you're paying for the prime, is well overpriced. And the giveaway is excess to the retailer.

Strap a .25 satang tissue pack to a two-million baht Camry and you'll attract business.

Good value for money should be determined outside of gimmicky promotions. Having said that, I haven't eaten in the Oz Bar.

Just saying.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 18, 2009, 8:25 pm

My experience with this Buy 1 get 1 free, when it applies to meals etc, is they reduce the profit to be made to attract the customers.

In this case Thai food is the free meal and as we know, it can be obtained with street vendors from say 25 Baht up, depending on the choice, chicken, seafood.

Add the fact that the bars , have overheads, its not reasonable to expect that a pad kapow gai is say 60-70 B,

Where the profit for the bar is the time the customer spends there with his partner and buying some drinks at reasonable prices etc.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » November 18, 2009, 8:53 pm

Texpat wrote:Anytime there's a buy-something, get-something free sale -- rest assured the giveaway is a lure. It also almost guarantees whatever you're paying for the prime, is well overpriced. And the giveaway is excess to the retailer.

Strap a .25 satang tissue pack to a two-million baht Camry and you'll attract business.

Good value for money should be determined outside of gimmicky promotions. Having said that, I haven't eaten in the Oz Bar.

Just saying.
What else would it be; of course it's a lure to draw customers. Doh! :roll:

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 18, 2009, 8:56 pm

So customers should recognize it as a gimmick and react accordingly.

Understanding it's NOTHING FREE, but rather a tradeoff. Pay more for one meal to get another FREE!

Line up simpletons!

another disclaimer: I've yet to try it -- maybe it's good value.
Last edited by Texpat on November 18, 2009, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 18, 2009, 9:03 pm

Given that the farang menu, and prices, are now publicly available on UM, I am not sure Ms Ella will be able to jack up one price to compensate for the freebie.

But I may be a simpleton :-k

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 18, 2009, 9:05 pm

The farang food prices look the same as they have been always there, so the prices havent been jacked up at all.

Just an observation, but im also a simpleton then.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 18, 2009, 9:06 pm

likely :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 18, 2009, 9:08 pm

What did one simpleton say to the other.................nah!, forget it :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 18, 2009, 9:51 pm

wow, thought i was cynical...................sounds like a savvy business gal, trying to get customers, who normally wouldn't go there, such as me, or simply not familiar with the place. though i've had justin's burger in the original aussie pub, damn tasty, but cig smoke kept me away, no longer a problem. 2 for 1, damn good promotion, =D> =D> can't think of a better way to get people to sample the food =D> , as grand openings are usually catered by outside source.

nursing a sore throat / plus, and no taste buds, or i'd stop in, maybe in another month. cheers and good luck. 8)

yea, i thought i was seeing double............yo Lee, let's get cracking there :lol: :lol: :lol:

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » November 19, 2009, 6:25 am

Congratulations to AusieElla for initiating a marketing plan that exists in the wider dining community outside Udon and showing good grace in not responding to those who attempted to torpedo the offer through uninformed assumptions.
Shame on those who have responded in such a negative way to the idea, with some inferring that this promotion has a smoke and mirrors scam. If you were to reread the original post you will see that the offer was the purchase off the bistro menu and your dining partner can have her thai meal at no charge. The cost of the ingredients for the thai meal will be less than the western style food and as such would allow the operator to offer the 2 for 1 deal. Those with an understanding of marketing will appreciate that the business will gain by value adding through additional purchases which will happen as a matter of course at standard prices.
When buying an existing business and attempting to build a stronger public appeal, these types of promotions are an ideal way of showcasing the standard of the new cuisine and the ambiance of the business. For those who are willing to slag off on the reputation of businesses who are attempting to make their way in uncertain times you could make a more valuable contribution to your own and other peoples lives by doing something constructive.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » November 19, 2009, 8:53 am

:D :D :D well said trekkertony,couldn,t agree more =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » November 19, 2009, 11:00 am

Yes, well put trekkertony. =D>

This is an especially good deal for those folks who already eat there; now their partner
can eat free for awhile. \:D/ :mrgreen: \:D/

But, since I'm also a simpleton :badteeth: .......I could be wrong. :-"

See ya in the simpleton line! :lol:

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”