Yahoo! Mexican food returns to Udon!

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Yahoo! Mexican food returns to Udon!

Post by fredwilliams » August 17, 2010, 10:18 am

I was delighted to read in another thread that my favourite bar/restaurant in Udon, The Bookhouse & Coffee Shop, is now offering a Mexican menu.

Guess where TTW and I will be visiting this week?!

:D

JR
udonmap.com

Re: Yahoo! Mexican food returns to Udon!

Post by JR » August 18, 2010, 3:01 pm

It was meant as an appetizer and try-out one evening this week but there were some obstacles. So no Mex yet at the Bookshop I think. But the planned start is/was middle of next month and I hope it will be.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » August 18, 2010, 3:52 pm

No, no, there is DEF now a Mexican menu.

As I understand it, the menu will remain there until it's sold. Expect that to be quick with the number of Americans who live here. Then a new batch will be ordered/prepared.

Competitors have two choices: buy in a load of stock and see it all go to waste because they haven't got enough customers and/or a chef who knows how to prepare it. Sell it at a cheaper cost by compromising on ingredients and offer a vastly inferior product!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » August 18, 2010, 4:04 pm

Sorry, Fred, I've just checked and we won't be able to rendevouz there for a Mexican for about another one or two weeks. :D

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » August 18, 2010, 4:35 pm

Can anyone tell us what's on the menu??

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » August 18, 2010, 4:46 pm

OOPS :roll: Just saw the menu on the other thread. Looks pretty good as my family is from San Antonio, TX and we know good mexican food! :D

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » September 19, 2010, 1:44 pm

^ What other thread, ergman?

Can you post a link, please?

I can't find it!

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » September 19, 2010, 2:51 pm

Scorpio, what are you on??
You cant find the link but you make plenty of posts on it. The bookhouse and coffee shop....

WTF??

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » September 19, 2010, 3:14 pm

^ Maybe I had one Archa too many yesterday, Bill! ;)

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 19, 2010, 5:10 pm

It would be great to have a good Mexican food in Udon, it's always been one of my favourites.

Eazy-Going
udonmap.com

Post by Eazy-Going » September 19, 2010, 11:50 pm

2 threads running now for the Bookhouse, does that mean he now has to pay extra for his Udonmap sponsorship?

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » September 20, 2010, 12:00 am

Theres actually three threads running but no one has added to Scorpios newest "Live & Direct from the Bookhouse" thread... [-X

Eazy-Going
udonmap.com

Post by Eazy-Going » September 20, 2010, 12:09 am

OMG...if Jeremy wasn't just starting to relax on his hols now, I woul'dve thought he had a pseudonym. Do you think he's on the Bookhouses payroll or something?

This is no reflection on the Bookhouse or Jeremy as I think it is a mighty fine establishment with a convivial owner and wonderful staff, however talk about brown nosing.... :-"

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » September 20, 2010, 7:49 am

Billg wrote:Theres actually three threads running but no one has added to Scorpios newest "Live & Direct from the Bookhouse" thread... [-X
Rumour stomped before it even started! :lol: :lol: :lol:

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » September 20, 2010, 9:30 am

Ol' Jeremy is under the gun, now.

We are all so craving, Mexican, for so long, hope hes' up to the task.
Great Tacos, real sour cream, not that watered down stuff found around town, delicious Enchilada sauce smothered in shredded cheese, a nice helping of refried beans topped with shredded cheese, the list goes on and on. mmmmm

Personally, I never cared much for Spanish rice given with, Mexican, in the states, more of a filler than anything, but to each his own.
It'll probably be the biggest food/restaurant Farang rush ever experienced in, Udon.
Jeremy has done such a fine job with all else, I'm sure, hope, he'll do the same with his, Mexican.
He could very well become the most famous Mexican dishes joint in northern Isaan, if done right.

There's a Mexican starved Mob about to ascend on the Jeremy's BookHouse first few days of, Mexican dishes day, and thereafter.
One can near see the dust rising in the sky from all of us testing out our new Mexican running shoes. :D :D \:D/

Good luck, Jeremy, hope you and the Mrs. have a great holiday, and are well rested upon your return.
We're all looking forward to seeing you again.

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » September 20, 2010, 12:44 pm

Agree with everything you said docta...especially the part about the Spanish rice!!

Ed

Oh and by the way...it's been awhile since I've been back to the States but did you know they have actual Taco Bell hot sauce now in the stores? I've been told you can only get it in Walmart. I always have someone bring some back for me when they come back from the States :o)

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » September 20, 2010, 8:16 pm

Taco bell hot sauce is the most addictive substance on earth! I don't like the fire or the mild but the hot is the bomb, I crave it and I just want to bath in it. I have consumed at least 8 billion packets of it and if it causes cancer i am screwed. I just checked on yahoo and there are a couple "clone" recipes for it to make it in bulk. I'm gonna fire me up a big ass batch and pour it on everything. I finally figured out why I was feeling out of sorts its and acute case of Taco Bell hot sauce deficency.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » September 20, 2010, 8:19 pm

Everyone knows by now that OT is not American or Mexican which is why the thought of putting some sort of sour cream slop or refried beans on a ready salted crisp is not in the slightest bit appealing. However whacking a bit of mango chutney or minted youghurt or that well hot chilli paste on a pappadom is appealing. The Mexicans did indeed bring their culinary delights to their American neighbours to quite simply laugh at them getting obese. It helped them to outrun the border patrols.

OT.......... \:D/

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » September 21, 2010, 7:04 am

^ You need to broaden your horizons, OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”