City Lodge

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
johnty.
udonmap.com

City Lodge

Post by johnty. » November 2, 2010, 6:20 pm

Hi All,just a quick post to let those who dont already know...Andy and Tom have returned to the City Lodge from the 1st November,things a little up in the air at the moment but im sure they will iron out all the little problems, for the sceptical among us,i have no financial connection to c\l am not attempting free advertising,just thought i would let people who have enquired in the past about andys whereabouts know what is happening.I would personally like to send the both of them my best wishes in the venture as i am sure many more members would,cheers for now,johnty. ;)

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Re: City Lodge

Post by pienmash » November 2, 2010, 6:27 pm

johnty. wrote:Hi All,just a quick post to let those who dont already know...Andy and Tom have returned to the City Lodge from the 1st November,things a little up in the air at the moment but im sure they will iron out all the little problems, for the sceptical among us,i have no financial connection to c\l am not attempting free advertising,just thought i would let people who have enquired in the past about andys whereabouts know what is happening.I would personally like to send the both of them my best wishes in the venture as i am sure many more members would,cheers for now,johnty. ;)
Well said that man !! Andys been back at City Lodge since mid October , ive been round a few times and sampled his corned beef hash and a brilliant rogun josh curry - top grub !!

Good luck with the business gents.

mash

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 2, 2010, 6:35 pm

johnty. wrote:I would personally like to send the both of them my best wishes in the venture as i am sure many more members would,cheers for now,johnty. ;)
Well said Johnty. Tom and Andy are two of the nicest people you could meet. Hopefully their past experience and popularity will make the CL a success.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » November 2, 2010, 7:22 pm

Echo the above posts.. Glad to hear Andy is back in the saddle, will be a regular scran stop for me. Always was my choice for good food. Good Luck Andy & Tom =D>

happytraveller

Post by happytraveller » November 2, 2010, 8:10 pm

Is it Tom that used to run The Irish Clock previously? :-k

Looking forward to sampling some of Andy's excellent cooking again :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 3, 2010, 8:04 am

happytraveller wrote:Is it Tom that used to run The Irish Clock previously? :-k
No, a different Tom, ht. This Tom has previously worked at the City Lodge when Andy use to be there and more recently at A Beer to Far.

Dokya
udonmap.com

Post by Dokya » November 3, 2010, 1:27 pm

Best of luck to you both with your new venture .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 3, 2010, 1:46 pm

mmmmmmm

so we've got Andy with his pies, curries, Corned beef hash, baguettes etc; AND Tom "the Greek" with his scrumptious Greek and mediteranean salads. Anyone know if they will re-introduce the "pastries" section at the City Lodge? Used to love to nip in there during the afternoon for a cheesecake, Profiterol, or a bread & butter pud and a coffee =P~
Will Tom be doing the Thai cooking?

Good luck with the venture guys, see you soon

abeertoofar

Post by abeertoofar » November 4, 2010, 9:06 am

hello andy & tom.

i want to wish you good luck in the city lodge.
you both did a good job when you were working for me and you
will do that again over there.
and no john, tom will not doing the thai food,
he is and stays a mala..a,you know that!!!
jan

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 5, 2010, 10:41 am

Thanks Jan, was worried that he Tom might introduce "cow pat" to the menu :-&

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 5, 2010, 5:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:mmmmmmm

so we've got Andy with his pies, curries, Corned beef hash, baguettes etc; AND Tom "the Greek" with his scrumptious Greek and mediteranean salads. Anyone know if they will re-introduce the "pastries" section at the City Lodge? Used to love to nip in there during the afternoon for a cheesecake, Profiterol, or a bread & butter pud and a coffee =P~
Will Tom be doing the Thai cooking?

Good luck with the venture guys, see you soon
Food,food,food. :D City lodge reincarnated yet again and hopefully the last time 8) Remember they used to show their menu online many years ago,hope they do the same to entice the farang like myself from out of town to spend our hard earned cash there. 8)

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » November 5, 2010, 6:13 pm

...AND Tom "the Greek" with his scrumptious Greek and mediteranean salads...
Aah, some traditional Greek foods, especially souvlaki, gyros, pitas such as tiropita and spanakopita (respectively, cheese and spinach pie). :D =P~ :D =P~ :D =P~ Wouldn't that be a real treat for Udon?

Good luck Andy and Tom!

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » November 9, 2010, 5:51 am

No such thing as Greek or Mediterranean salads at City Lodge yet, seems ingredients still under way Greece-Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 9, 2010, 10:44 am

Probably be a few weeks for the "greek" influence on the menu ........ with a bit of luck Johnty can bring some ingredients back from Greece/via UK next time he visits.

For those that remember the City Lodge of old, I'm sure that you will be happy to learn that Ot has returned to the team. He started work there a couple of days ago ............ just like old times =D> \:D/ =D>

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 9, 2010, 11:34 am

I was 'avin a drink wiv me ol' mukker Nostradamus the other night when he reminded me of a Statto prediction made in July 2009

* Report this post

Re: City Lodge for Rent

Postby stattointhailand » July 26, 2009, 5:32 pm
Watch this space chaps ............... It could be "THE SECOND COMEING"

Be afraid ..... be very afraid ........ especially you mash (I already know where Scunny will finish the season!)
Palms read, Tarot read, Teabags read all at very reasonable rates :-k

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » November 9, 2010, 12:13 pm

Top 3 for Scunny then Statto ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 9, 2010, 3:27 pm

That would be telling mash, we claire voyerants don't give away our secrets

Dublin Tony
udonmap.com

Post by Dublin Tony » November 18, 2010, 11:02 am

I'm glad Andy and Tom are back at the City Lodge to provide good food and a bit of atmosphere.
The 3 guys who ran it before spent a lot of money refurbishing the place nicely but the bar/restaurant area was completely empty.
They only served small beers and the food used to take around 45 minutes to arrive,although it tasted OK.
There was a miserable old farang man in charge who just used to sit looking at his PC and never acknowledged patrons either arriving or leaving.
Not surprising then that there was never anybody in there.He had all the personality of a retired prison warder !
So good luck,Andy and Tom,hope you can turn things around.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » November 18, 2010, 1:30 pm

It's a bit early but does anyone knows if Andy is doing a Christmas Dinner at the City Lodge?

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » November 21, 2010, 3:36 pm

Had lunch today at City Lodge. First time back there since the remodeling. Whoever did the remodeling, did a very good job. Good comfortable open seating area, A/C, and EZ parking :D .
I had Andy's delicious Cottage Pie. Excellent. My friend had a cheeseburger, chips, and a salad. Burger looked good and he confirmed it.
On my way out two diners were delivered their Sunday Roast dinners. Lotta food plus nice looking Yorkshire Puddings.
Also, the service was very good and professional. We received our food within 15 minutes of ordering. =D>

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”