Coppies House Pasta & Steak

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 8, 2011, 2:13 pm

Went out for lunch today and tried a new shop managed by young Thai couple. Not knowing what to expect I ordered the Pork Steak (58bt) and seafood salad (42).
The pork fillet was a little on the small side, but I'm not complaining for 58bt it's (I think ) a good value and makes for a lite lunch. The salad was large and I could have probably split it with my lunch buddy. In the end it was an excellent meal for 100bt (not including drinks). Looking forward for a return trip for the pasta offerings.

http://www.coppieshouse.in.th/#content-0

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » December 8, 2011, 3:23 pm

Thanks papaguido. Really appreciate you doing the leg-work for us. When it comes to sniffing out new places to eat you are a fourm treasure! Noticed they had pork steak and "tender" pork steak. Gonna have to try both to find out what the difference is. :-s :D

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 8, 2011, 4:09 pm

No problem ;)

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » December 9, 2011, 6:32 am

nice cat.

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » December 9, 2011, 1:18 pm

Nice...i will try =D>

Bertie_Wooster
udonmap.com

Post by Bertie_Wooster » December 9, 2011, 6:44 pm

Always good to support small businesses.
Bertie_Wooster

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 9, 2011, 6:56 pm

Dropped by today after reading papaG's recommendation, and the food was really good. Had the chicken steak plate which had a bread roll w/butter, small chicken breast fillet, french fries, and two veggies (steamed corn and broccoli/carrots). Well worth the 58 baht, the atmosphere is very pleasant and the entire premises (including toilet) is very clean. Will take papaG's advice and supplement the main course next time with a huge garden salad for 28 baht. The couple running the place are very nice folks, so...check it out!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 9, 2011, 7:17 pm

Just to add, the serving portions maybe small by farang standards, but the quality is excellent. Still I believe an excellent value, especially if you add a salad to the meal. I had the Garlic Spicy Chicken Linguini (58), Garlic bread (22bt/6pcs) and a salad (28), total 108bt.

The owner/cook told me new menus with photos will soon be available, he's working on it.

Martyn
udonmap.com

Post by Martyn » December 9, 2011, 8:18 pm

Where exactly is this place because it looks to me like the same set up as a bar I used to use called The Two Hearts. The bar/restaurant was just over the crossroad from the Khaosoi Restaurant and Heritage Apartments.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 9, 2011, 9:30 pm

Martyn wrote:Where exactly is this place because it looks to me like the same set up as a bar I used to use called The Two Hearts. The bar/restaurant was just over the crossroad from the Khaosoi Restaurant and Heritage Apartments.
No, not Two Hearts I've been there. Coppies House is near Udon Immigration. There's a map in the OP.

Sateev
udonmap.com

Post by Sateev » December 11, 2011, 10:58 am

It appears to be just up the street from Coffee Pate, one of my favorites. Will try it next time. Thanks for the report.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » December 24, 2011, 8:15 pm

We were in there this evening for dinner. PapaGuido's description is dead on. We had 2 different pastas, a large salad (large enough for 2 of us) a pork steak plate, garlic bread and a Spy for the wife and water for me, and the bill was 288 baht! Pasta was perfect al dente. Sauces were what was expected with correct spices for the sauce. This will be a regular spot for us. At 52 baht (I think) for a good pasta with ham, mushrooms and a (real) cream sauce, even if the portions are a bit small for dinner, you can always double up. I look forward to going again and trying a different mix.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 24, 2011, 8:26 pm

If you happen to have a camera next time you're there, how about upload a few photos. Sounds like a good place for a meal!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 24, 2011, 8:28 pm

I just checked out their website at http://www.coppieshouse.in.th/#content-1

Food looks great......decorations very nice as well.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » December 24, 2011, 9:08 pm

Via Parrot's interesting link to this Pasta and Steakhouse in Udon I read Fullmoonz (who I think is the owner of the restaurant) facebook page and in amongst she had mentioned this place:

http://www.asiawebdirect.com/thailand/e ... andicraft/

Doesn't this little place also look great ? well worth a try.

OT................. \:D/

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » December 24, 2011, 9:31 pm

parrot wrote:If you happen to have a camera next time you're there, how about upload a few photos. Sounds like a good place for a meal!
I am pretty picky about my food, and I recommend this place. It is the first pasta in Thailand I have had that is not overcooked. Is it fancy? No. Could they offer a couple of more upscale dishes? Sure. (The pasta with ham and mushrooms I had, but with Bayonne or Prosciutto or Westphalian, and some capers would be wonderful) However, they could not possibly offer that for 52 baht. ;)

Heh, maybe I will suggest it on our next visit...look for a menu item called Pasta de la KB. ;)

I will take the camera next time, but their website does pretty much show the place. It is a small place that maybe seats 12-14 people max. Think intimate bistro in Paris. :) But the food is good, not expensive, and the folks there seem to be very nice people. Well worth supporting.

KB

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » December 25, 2011, 12:36 am

Food: very good
Price: inexpensive
Decor: stylish
Service: warm,friendly, and competent

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Post by gudtymchuk » December 27, 2011, 4:23 pm

Had a great lunch at Coppies today. Missus and I both had the chicken steak with black pepper. We shared a large salad. I had a Saprite and she a water. 176Baht all in. Food was delicious. Highly recommend to all.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » December 28, 2011, 5:51 pm

We were there today at lunch time, best choice of pasta in Udon Thani.
Small portions, but at that price order an other choice.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 28, 2011, 7:51 pm

Had lunch with a Thai friend today.....me the spicy chicken spaghetti, he the spaghetti carbonara. We split an order of garlic bread and had two small sodas. Fast and friendly service, nice atmosphere, park at the Bangkok Bank just up the street, and walked out with more than enough change from 200 baht for a nice tip.
Small servings, but very delicious and just enough for me for lunch.
The woman told my friend that she learned her cooking secrets while working alongside a chef at the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok.
She also said that she'd be happy to modify your order to your liking. A British woman sitting at a nearby table had ordered a pork steak and fries 'UK style' and she was happy with the result.
Attachments
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3015.JPG
IMG_3012.JPG
Now you see it
IMG_3014.JPG
Now you don't

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”