Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
NavyDude
udonmap.com

Post by NavyDude » June 21, 2013, 6:51 pm

The Bubba nr 1 is also a good meal to start up the day with. And AGAIN I could not eat all of it pheww! I wanted to eat it all but I figured it could be a good thing to be able to walk after eating :-k
No early meal tomorrow as I guess I will be hungover bigtime from tonights party.But will most defanatly be in for some more of your dilish food :D

udonmarc
Admin

Post by udonmarc » June 22, 2013, 7:41 am

Had the Philly Cheese Steak last night. A bit different from Pat's or Geno's, sort of like the best of them with a Thai twist. The roll was fresh and tasty, with just the right amount of absorbency to soak up the juices from the filling without getting overly soggy. And as if that wasn't enough, Bubba put the Three Stooges up on the big screen. Jun had never seen them before, and looooved them!!! Perfect evening!!!

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » June 23, 2013, 11:48 am

Ah yes, the Stooges bring back fond memories from childhood. I can remember walking to the neighborhood theatre for the Saturday matinee every week. Two full length feature films (usually horror genre), TEN cartoons, and 2 15 min "serials", one of which would be the Stooges. All this for just a dime. So you think the cost of living has gone up? Later the Stooges appeared regularly on TV, which was in it's infancy at the time (we had only 1 channel for years).

Back to BB&G. Jun's niece from Chiang Mai is on college break now and will be flying to Udon next week. She'll be around awhile to help Jun out. So, we might be able to get back to our weekend "specials" next week. Keep and eye out! ;)

Bubba and Jun

P.S. Hope you and your family have a safe and fun trip down south, Roger. See you next week!
Every day I wake up is a good day.

NavyDude
udonmap.com

Post by NavyDude » June 23, 2013, 8:53 pm

Tnhx Bubba!
Made it here and all is good.Had one hell of a rain storm coming in this afternoon,but better out now.
Alot of Russians and Indians here now. The Indians are loud as hell,you can hear them all over the area [-o<

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » June 28, 2013, 10:10 am

Tomorrow, Saturday, we will finally have something we have considered making for a long time. The recipe we found on the Net was titled "Absolutely Ultimate Potato Soup". It is made with cream, butter, bacon, 2 kinds of cheese, and served in a bread bowl. NOT on the approved diet for people with a heart condition! It's a limited one time item and available while supplies last. Yes, you can call ahead to reserve your order!

Come join us!

Bubba, Jun, and for a short time, Pang.

FarangViking

Post by FarangViking » June 30, 2013, 5:44 pm

Hi BB & Jun & (shorttimer) Pang(!)

Greetings and thanks for warm and friendly welcome and hospitality in your nice little Grill & Bar. :D We had quite some interesting chat over food and recepies together with friend NavyDude - and "a little deal" on maybe making some test-cooking on a new variety of a droddling burger: "The HAWAI-burger" =P~ hehe - Maybe other suggestions for nice, foxy salads with local stuff from Makro too! :-k Time will show - see you soon. 'FV' & G. =D>

BigBubba
udonmap.com

4th of JULY @ Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Post by BigBubba » July 3, 2013, 9:55 am

Tomorrow is the 4th and we will be open and serving all our regular American favorites. Mouth watering HALF POUND Burgers, JUMBO Chili Cheese Dogs, Chicken Fried Steak, Philly Cheese Steaks, to name a few, and lots of ICE COLD BEER!

We're not the biggest place in Udon, just the BEST, as our customers have been saying for over a year, and now confirmed by INTERNATIONALLY recognized TripAdvisor.com!

Come join us!

Bubba, Jun, and Pang

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » July 4, 2013, 9:10 am

Bubba, seeing other shops' promo on burgers, here is nice idea for your own burger promotions, using bourbon!

There are actually several fast food outlets in the US using a bourbon sauce, I only know from a google seach that also turned up.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » July 4, 2013, 11:10 am

rct wrote:Bubba, seeing other shops' promo on burgers, here is nice idea for your own burger promotions, using bourbon!

There are actually several fast food outlets in the US using a bourbon sauce, I only know from a google seach that also turned up.
Looks like the Carl's old "SIX DOLLAR BURGER" revamped and remarketed. Used to eat Bourbon Steak at Applebee's frequently and LOVE Jack Daniels BBQ sauce (puts HP to shame, IMHO).

Here's a nice one from Carl's partner, Hardee's, featuring a burger named after my home town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ingzT8aIoA

4th of July celebration going strong here, even got a cribbage game in progress.

Come join us!

Bubba, Jun, and Pang

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 4, 2013, 6:07 pm

Today I get 2 cheeseburger.

I only can speak EXCELLENT!

Thanks' to Bubba.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » July 5, 2013, 10:30 am

Ah yes, quite a good time had by all yesterday and it turned out to be an international affair, not just an American thing. A couple of Brits were in, brought a ringer into our cribbage game in fact. Then later, after much drink, we did a re enactment of the battle of Lexington and Concord (the "shot heard 'round the world" for you history buffs), but we let them win this time ;) . Also had representatives from Italy, Holland, and Norway drop by. A fun day for all!

Surprise best seller for the day... SLOPPY JOES, and Jun predicted it beforehand.

A sincere THANK YOU to everyone!

Bubba, Jun, and Pang

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 5, 2013, 10:53 am

Just finished up the take home spagt w/ meat balls, actually serving was enough for the entire family!!

Might have to stop-by tomorrow for a philly cheese steak and some Lao beer!!

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » July 7, 2013, 12:49 pm

Our laptop keeps shutting down because of over heating so I'm going to open it up and see if the cooling fan is working or it's clogged with dust. Therefore, this MAY be the last post you see for awhile. :roll:

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » July 10, 2013, 11:38 am

BigBubba wrote:***

Our laptop keeps shutting down because of over heating so I'm going to open it up and see if the cooling fan is working or it's clogged with dust. Therefore, this MAY be the last post you see for awhile. :roll:
Could not get the laptop open, even after removing every screw that I could see, so still have the problem. However, it only happens when I'm playing Zynga Poker on FB (a totally FREE game). A sign of too much spare time???

Had a vet from Nong Khai come in this morning and was surprised, and quite pleased, to see SOS on our menu. He left a happy man!

Cool weather means it's time for HOT Chili. By the bowl, served with Saltines, rice, or soft dinner roll, OR on top of a hot dog (regular or JUMBO), OR part of Nachos Grande. Ours is home made and DELICIOUS!

Come join us!

Bubba, Jun, and sometimes Pang (suble hint to TS lovers ;) )
Last edited by BigBubba on July 10, 2013, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » July 10, 2013, 11:41 am

Since this would be off topic if posted in the original thread re: Beyond Cafe, I posted it here...
BigBubba wrote:... AND there's always our place, just 50 meters away, for tasty American comfort food, and finish off with dessert from Beyond.

Some of our customers drop off their car/truck for wash, pick up some sweets, and bring them here to have after their meal. Being very service oriented, they then deliver the finished vehicle here for the customer!
You know I enjoy your chicken fried steak Bubba, and the hamburgers are pretty good too. But I am trying to lose a bit of weight, and those are a bit much for a 'light lunch'. ;)

KB

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » July 10, 2013, 11:58 am

Guilty as charged, KB, of shameless self promotion! However, if sentences were to be handed out for number of "offenses", I would get 30 days, and some others on here would get life without possibility of parole. There was a previous post about alternative places around Beyond Cafe, but without a specific name. I see no difference. We have an outstanding relationship with the owners of Beyond. I think they are happy to get all the (free) publicity they can get. ;)

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » July 10, 2013, 1:27 pm

BigBubba wrote:***

I wish I was in town to get that burger fries and a coke!

the problem is not too complex, you might want to take it to a reputable shop for a cleaning and fan check, just make sure they dont format your hard drive!

sorry I cant help you this time 8)

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » July 10, 2013, 3:50 pm

BigBubba wrote:Guilty as charged, KB, of shameless self promotion! However, if sentences were to be handed out for number of "offenses", I would get 30 days, and some others on here would get life without possibility of parole. There was a previous post about alternative places around Beyond Cafe, but without a specific name. I see no difference. We have an outstanding relationship with the owners of Beyond. I think they are happy to get all the (free) publicity they can get. ;)
Heh, I did not accuse you of anything sir...just moved the response to where it would not arouse the ire of the mods. ;) I figure as a sponsor here, you're allowed to post things that are immediately topical, so no biggie. And you are correct...I ALMOST posted my response to you as a response to RW when he said they do not serve food. :)

Instead of 'shameless self promotion' I would called it 'marketing'. ;) Same-same, but sounds better. So you, and others you refer to, would never even be charged, let alone do time. If ya don't tell people, they might never know. :D \:D/ :-"

KB

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » July 11, 2013, 10:17 pm

What's your opening times are u 7 days a week also?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 12, 2013, 7:59 am

Bubba's closed Mondays and Tuesdays.. I think he opens around 9AM and closes later in the evening.
Dave

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”