Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
lee
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Post by lee » April 10, 2012, 4:08 pm

I'd like to welcome Bubba's Bar & Grill to UdonMap.com

Business description as follows:

Delicious seasoned all meat burgers (no fillers!), Texas style chili, grilled cheese, B.L.T.'s, PB&J, and other All American favorites. Plus daily gourmet specials.

Variety of domestic and imported beers, wine, cocktails, and soft drinks.

Located in a family oriented part of town across from park with biking, walking, and jogging. Comfortable outdoor and indoor seating (with A/C). Big screen TV.

54/7 Supahkit Janya rd. (east side of Nong Prajak Park, across from 7/11)

Tel: 088-5405486 (Eng) 088-5407632 (Thai)

Hours of business: Wednesday - Sunday 9AM-9PM (closed Monday and Tuesday)

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=17.41 ... sz=17&z=17[/googlemap]

Galee
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Galee » April 10, 2012, 8:47 pm

Good grief, that was quick.!!

Just 2 days after Bubba wins the Augusta Golf Championship someone names a restaurant after him. :D

randerson79
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by randerson79 » April 10, 2012, 9:29 pm

Not to sound to critical but, I was looking forward to having a restaurant that served 'Falang" food that I could take my better half and her family to. It was away from the "action" on the beautiful lake. Drove by tonight to show my G/F the new burger joint. To my dismay she said she wouldn't go a bar. I told her it was a restaurant not a bar. :D She pointed out the name. What could I say? :-" You think Bubba's Burgers is a better name for a "restaurant" on the lake?

But I will be there solo tomorrow! \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by stattointhailand » April 10, 2012, 10:20 pm

It couldn't possibly be "A BAR" as the Udon BIB would have made sure it was closed today

Librarian
Udonmap Sponsor

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Librarian » April 10, 2012, 11:04 pm

i was going to take Mrs L there tonight (tuesday) .. i fancied something a bit different for a change,
but according to the 1st ad on this page - it states monday and tuesday closed .. was it open then tonight ?

Libs

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » April 11, 2012, 8:04 am

Controversy already ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » April 11, 2012, 11:42 am

Ricohoc wrote:Controversy already ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Agree whole heartedly!!! Lot's of angry people here. I'll make an ATTEMPT to respond below. And my aim is to ALWAYS keep it as positive as possible.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

gardener
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by gardener » April 11, 2012, 11:45 am

The Texas style chili, grilled cheese, B.L.T.'s sound delicious. Are you open during songkraan?

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » April 11, 2012, 11:47 am

Galee wrote:Good grief, that was quick.!!

Just 2 days after Bubba wins the Augusta Golf Championship someone names a restaurant after him. :D
I've been called "Bubba" since 1992. If you drop by sometime I'll give you complete, and very boring details of how, where, and when it came about.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » April 11, 2012, 12:20 pm

randerson79 wrote:Not to sound to critical but, I was looking forward to having a restaurant that served 'Falang" food that I could take my better half and her family to. It was away from the "action" on the beautiful lake. Drove by tonight to show my G/F the new burger joint. To my dismay she said she wouldn't go a bar. I told her it was a restaurant not a bar. :D She pointed out the name. What could I say? :-" You think Bubba's Burgers is a better name for a "restaurant" on the lake?

But I will be there solo tomorrow! \:D/
It appears you are from America. Therefore you must be aware that "Bar & Grill" has no adverse conotations (except maybe to alcoholics) in America. Quite the contrary, there are many exremely popular chains across the country that have a "bar & grill" theme. Our target customer is not the Thai, they will think our prices are too high. We want to apeal to the farang, and specifically Americans, that maybe want a break from Thai food, and have an authentic sample of stuff from home. We certainly hope Thai wives and girlfriends will not be offended by a name and be open minded enough to at least check us out. My wife offen has to explain, " it's bacause he rok jit farang", to her friends and family! I absolutely assure you there will never be any "bar girls", or "eye candy" waitresses (other than my wife), sexy photos/artwork, or any other seedy elements of what you allude the name "Bar" implies in a name. My wife spent a year in America with me. She traveled to 32 states with me on my job. We ate at many different types of places together (including the occassional "Thai" restaurant). Her favorite was Wendy's. She fully comprehends American lifestyles and customs and would be happy to talk with your wife about them. Her phone number is posted.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » April 11, 2012, 12:32 pm

Librarian wrote:i was going to take Mrs L there tonight (tuesday) .. i fancied something a bit different for a change,
but according to the 1st ad on this page - it states monday and tuesday closed .. was it open then tonight ?

Libs
also directed to stattoninthailand:

We're not officially opened yet. Counter bar and fixtures not scheduled until 20 April, but we all know that in
"Thai time" it could mean up to a week later. We're shooting for the first week of May for complete opening. However, we've got our liquor license, and will be open for Songkran Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9AM. Beer, soft drinks, water, and a limited number of food items available. Initially, yes we'll be closed Mondays and Tuesdays. It's just my wife and I. We cant justify hiring help for an unknown volume of business. We'll make adjustments to many factors, like staffing, menu, and hours of operation, as time progresses. All suggestions are welcome!

randerson79
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by randerson79 » April 11, 2012, 4:09 pm

Bubba,

I was NOT trying to be angry or controversial. Sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm aware of the Bar & Grill theme in America. And it works there. I was just wanting you to be aware of the Thai take of the name. I was surprised when my G/F made the statement. I think you have a great idea and wish you and your wife the best of luck! Again, sorry if I offended you.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by stattointhailand » April 11, 2012, 4:25 pm

Will certainly be in for a beer and nosh soon. Good luck Bubba

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by mathusalah80 » April 11, 2012, 5:12 pm

" Bubba's American Bar & Grill" or, accepting most non Americans don't have an American's in depth knowledge of American culture "Bubba's American Grill"? Either name would seem to cover all requirements mentioned in above posts? The name then clearly identifies the nature of the food & ambience to expect, and also attract the pleased attention & loyal custom of your specifically targetted niche group. I think you are on a winner.

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » April 11, 2012, 6:06 pm

Bubba, my friends and I will be dropping by soon to say hello, and we'll come around with an appetite when the doors swing open for business!

See you soon! =D>

parrot
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by parrot » April 11, 2012, 7:07 pm

A friend and I are coming over for burgers tomorrow at noon (Thursday).

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by gudtymchuk » April 11, 2012, 7:14 pm

Bubba, as an American now living in Udon I wish you the very best in your business venture and will surely be a frequent patron if your menu meets my longing for the occasional American style hunger craze... =D> =D> =D>
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

charlie1
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by charlie1 » April 11, 2012, 7:38 pm

is this in the area of where pops internet was?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Prenders88 » April 11, 2012, 7:43 pm

Best of luck on your new venture, and in a nice part of town.
I'm not far from you, we have a shop in Soi Benjang 1.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » April 12, 2012, 8:44 am

charlie1 wrote:is this in the area of where pops internet was?
Yes.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”