VT NamNuang

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
747man
udonmap.com

Re: VT NamNuang

Post by 747man » September 17, 2017, 6:42 pm

Daeng Nam Nuang is the place in Nong Khai................Echo That Wazza, The Place is ALWAYS Packed !!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » September 18, 2017, 10:30 am

I was at the airport last week and noticed a VERY large consignment of VT products getting loaded onto the plane bound for Bangkok.My enquires found that a HISO was having a function and was getting the good gear flown in.
Voiceover for hire.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 18, 2017, 11:25 am

VT Nam Neuang on the KK highway about 1.5 km south of the Ring Road is now open.. I believe it opened on the 9th of September.. I only saw a few cars parked in there when I went by the other day but they had a big banner out with
เปิดแล้ว Bert Laew (Open Already)... It is a huge magnificent looking place.. Perhaps I'll drive over this afternoon and check it out..
Dave

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 18, 2017, 1:50 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
September 18, 2017, 11:25 am
VT Nam Neuang on the KK highway about 1.5 km south of the Ring Road is now open.. I believe it opened on the 9th of September.. I only saw a few cars parked in there when I went by the other day but they had a big banner out with
เปิดแล้ว Bert Laew (Open Already)... It is a huge magnificent looking place.. Perhaps I'll drive over this afternoon and check it out..
Old news.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 18, 2017, 4:19 pm

Galee wrote:
September 18, 2017, 1:50 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
Old news.
Old news, Errr by one day ? You only posted yesterday it was now open :-k
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 18, 2017, 6:23 pm

joepai wrote:
September 18, 2017, 4:19 pm
Galee wrote:
September 18, 2017, 1:50 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
Old news.
Old news, Errr by one day ? You only posted yesterday it was now open :-k
Well spotted. Go to the top of the class. At least you bothered to read the thread and not repeat what had already been said.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 18, 2017, 7:54 pm

I went by VT this afternoon.. It is huge and can seat at least 150 people.. It was a massive take out setup along with a store selling a variety of VT and Issan products.. Evidently the "opening" is a soft one as the entire complex is not yet complete. An earlier posting mentioned a Convention Center which is on the 2nd floor and a hotel?? The complex extends back towards the railway tracks and on the north side there are two large escalators going up to an area not yet open.. We parked beside a Ferrari with Udon tags, probably the owner since it was easily a $500,000 dollar plus car....
Dave

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 21, 2017, 9:31 am

Time to use up in Udon yesterday, wife and I went see the new place. Only the restaurant and shop are open and I forgot to enquire what the rest of the large building/area is to be used for. Restaurant spacious, decorated very well in my opinion, all new and sparkly, of course! Lots of parking, attentive staff. Have takeaway section, if you don't want to eat there. Like the other locations (Nong Khai and central Udon) I think the food is prepared on site and understand it's the same family ownership. Very reasonable price. I bought a few decorative things at the shop too. I'm sure this place will prove enormously popular and interesting to see what else is planned there.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » September 23, 2017, 10:39 am

In Phuket Town I see a VT Namneung sign outside a large house on huge land plot, have yet to venture in to see if just an agent or can actually dine in and take away.

At the new Tops mall in Nonghan facing the Esso, Daeng has an eat in and take away operation, not sure if corporate owned or a franchise. Have tried it and was spot on great. Especially for a little town like Nonghan that does not have so many modernized choices of places to eat.

The point is, these two operators seem to have unlimited potential to expand far beyond their original locations and even original provinces, so long as they can maintain standards and keep supply coming.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 3, 2019, 2:07 pm

I stopped in the old VT place on Phosri Rd today for my fix of fresh spring rolls (เปาะเปี๊ยะสด). I don't think I've ever seen so many people there. And the line of cars in the queue stretched at least 10 vehicles long.
I asked one of the parking assistants if he thought most customers were tourists or regulars. He said 60% or more tourists. I think the restaurant must rank as a must-see location for visitors to Udon.
VT is a great example of a restaurant that maintains a high standard of service and food quality....despite being in business at least 23 years (since we've arrived and longer).

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » November 3, 2019, 4:27 pm

parrot wrote:
November 3, 2019, 2:07 pm
VT is a great example of a restaurant that maintains a high standard of service and food quality.

Spot on comment.
This business model/product stands head and shoulders above anything else I have seen in Thailand.
I have never been dissapoined.I rate their banana chips too.
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”