Thanksgiving Dinner

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by Charlieb » October 20, 2013, 5:58 pm

Anyone in the area doing Thanksgiving Dinner this year?

The Kinneree usually does it but I hear they are closed for renovations. How long?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 21, 2013, 2:29 am

Talk about coming late to the party. Thanksgiving was celebrated on 13 October this year.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by Charlieb » October 21, 2013, 9:10 am

Perhaps for non-Americans I should have been more specfic! I was inquiring about American Thanksgiving dinner

Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 28

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by mathusalah80 » October 21, 2013, 9:55 am

Charlieb wrote: "The Kinneree.........................are closed for renovations." :-s

An interesting euphamism for the actual situation? :| ;) :-" :-$ \:D/ Doubt the existing lessee will be re-openng within the immediate future :(

malc123
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by malc123 » October 21, 2013, 2:26 pm

[quote="mathusalah80"]Charlieb wrote: "The Kinneree.........................are [u][i]closed for renovations[/i][/u]." :-s

An interesting euphamism for the actual situation? :| ;) :-" :-$ \:D/ Doubt the existing lessee will be re-openng within the immediate future :([/quote]

You know something we do not ?
malc123

Svein66
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by Svein66 » October 21, 2013, 2:44 pm

Charlieb wrote:Perhaps for non-Americans I should have been more specfic!
Do other than USA/Canada have thanksgiving?

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by mathusalah80 » October 21, 2013, 4:07 pm

Svein asked: Do other than USA/Canada have thanksgiving?

Yes, Australians offer up thanks every day for having been blessed by being born in Gods own country :D :lol: \:D/

mak
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by mak » October 21, 2013, 6:38 pm

Charlieb wrote:Anyone in the area doing Thanksgiving Dinner this year?

The Kinneree usually does it but I hear they are closed for renovations. How long?
I believe they reopen Wednesday. Ask the new manager, maybe they will do a Thanksgiving dinner.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by papafarang » October 21, 2013, 6:53 pm

hi guys,i've already taken an order for turkey.this year i will be selling ready roasted stuffed turkeys .ready to collect at 12pm on thursday the 28th.also available will be pumpkin pies. PM me if you would like me to prepare some for you
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 21, 2013, 7:07 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:Svein asked: Do other than USA/Canada have thanksgiving?

Yes, Australians offer up thanks every day for having been blessed by being born in Gods own country :D :lol: \:D/

You have it all wrong, mate. Remember the old joke, 'Mohammed may have been a Muslim, but God is an Englishman.' Thus, I think the country you are looking for is England. 555+
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

parrot
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by parrot » October 21, 2013, 7:24 pm

Mod Note: Let's not derail the topic, please. Thanksgiving Day 2013 dinner.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by papaguido » October 25, 2013, 9:15 am

If not having any luck at a local restaurant, you can always DIY...

*photo taken at Nong Bua park

pompui
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by pompui » October 25, 2013, 2:33 pm

Give the Hungarian chap,running the show at the Kinnaree,a tad more time,twas a success last year there,2 get his act together for thanksgiving dinner 8) 8)

pompui
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by pompui » November 14, 2013, 7:19 am

Has been mentioned on the other channel that it will be taking place and a competitive price to boot =D>

nkstan
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by nkstan » November 14, 2013, 8:00 am

mak wrote:
Charlieb wrote:Anyone in the area doing Thanksgiving Dinner this year?

I believe they reopen Wednesday. Ask the new manager, maybe they will do a Thanksgiving dinner.
This has to be the best Thanksgiving price in town,190 baht!Plus he has a promotion on canned drinks to clear his inventory:San Miguel light 330ml 35 baht,Singha 330ml 35 baht,Chang Export 330ml 30 baht,Archa and Cheers 500ml 40 baht and Kepplers Irish Cider 500ml 90 baht.

I spent about 4 hours visiting with George yesterday.Contrary to what I had heard,and my first impression,I found him to be a very enjoyable and accommodating chap.He has bad hearing from artillery explosions so he talks loud and sometimes seems to be to close,but,IMO is a very good guy!!

He has 40 years experience with being a chef and claims to be a Master Chef.

I would also like to mention and thank him for his unsolicited offer of a FREE room for our Chiropractor treatments!

pompui
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by pompui » November 22, 2013, 3:34 pm

What is the update on the Kinnaree,thought I read on the other channel that he was thinking of withdrawing this year,I know of at least one other non sponsor hoping to do Thanksgiving but my post was taken down,hope you Yanks can find somewhere to have a jolly good meal,enjoy the day \:D/

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by semperfiguy » November 22, 2013, 4:53 pm

I read on the other channel that George had decided to discontinue the Thanksgiving buffet due to lack of interest. Seems he was asking for reservations in advance and no one responded. I don't know how he was getting the word out about the reservation requirement, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere, nor have I heard of it through word of mouth. Very strange indeed!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Thanksgiving Dinner

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 22, 2013, 5:29 pm

he apparently had it posted at the Kinnaree, and 60 people reserved for a private Thanksgiving Day party on Wednesday. Since no takers, or insufficient possibly, for Thursday, he withdrew the offer. quite sensible to me.

Just taking over the reins, apparently very busy and not a sponsor of either forum, didn't get chance to get the word out to the general public, just regular customers, I guessing. I was kind of looking forward to it myself, especially at that bargain price offered.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”