Nok Restaurant - in Nongsamrong Area (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » November 21, 2013, 12:54 pm

Nok Restaurant in Nongsamrong has been around a few years by a previous name, now in third and should be final location. Driving on the main road into Nongsamrong from the Ring Road, drive all the way to the end pas the market and the temple, then where the road turns a hard right toward Highway 2 to Nong Kai , make a U-turn and come back about 100 meters, the single wide shophouse restaurant is on the left side (or on right side if coming from the Ring Road before the U turn), easy to spot the green chairs inside.

Open 09h00 to 21h30, closed Tuesdays.

Both Thai and Western Food, quite famous for Swedish meatballs, also now serving Lasagne, savory pies and a lot more.

This is not a member review, just for information purposes, though look forward to reading other posts on what recommended dishes to try.

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Nok Restaurant - in Nongsamrong area

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 21, 2013, 1:06 pm

google is your friend, copy and paste into google search, 1st link has 200+ posts, plenty of pics and reviews

......... Nok's Restaurant, Udon Thani. (Formerely, Sangkaew)

rct
udonmap.com

Nok Restaurant - in Nongsamrong area

Post by rct » November 21, 2013, 1:48 pm

Appreciate the tip and google is indeed my friend, however my google search shows different results apparently, and I had done it before starting the thread, here is that original search again:

https://www.google.co.th/#q=Nok's+Resta ... Udon+Thani

And on searching Udonmap topics, sure could not find it, so wanted to share. Where is the link on Udonmap? I do not read udonmap.com though that does have a link that comes up in the google search.

I believe Nok's deserve a bit of good word of mouth advertising, to help make sure it thrives, even if some of the "sponsored" threads by other establishments tend to dominate the daily forum headlines on my beloved Udonmap.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 22, 2013, 7:00 am

I noticed their advert on the main map issue 59,map reference K1,and it also mentions her ice creams on offer.The main dishes have been the Meatballs,Cheeseburger,Panbif,Lasagne,Pyttipanna,Enchilada,Schnitzel,Potato cream soup.TW has also enjoyed the Thai food,has aircon and free wifi.
Have posted a number of photos on the other channel and more than happy to repost them here for members to get an idea :D Have always enjoyed the owners Nok and Alfie hospitality for 3 years or more,have not been awhile but you will not be disappointed IMO 8)

Here are some of my photos
noks%20breakfast%20003.jpg
Swedish%20meatballs,Mash%20potato,Salad%20001.jpg
Pyttipanna%20001.jpg
noks%20restaurant%20cheeseburger%20001.jpg
Enchilada%20and%20Salad%20at%20Nok's%20001.jpg
Club%20sandwich%20at%20Noks%20002.jpg
Noks%20Panbiff%20001.jpg
Schnitzel,fries%20and%20salad%20001.jpg

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 22, 2013, 8:08 am

yea.........what he said.......

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 22, 2013, 8:41 am

Had lunck At Nok Restaurant on Wednesday
Great as usual
Had a good chin wag with Alfie
A couple other europeans also enjoyed lunch there

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 22, 2013, 8:44 am

Alfie told me advert was suppose to be in the latest Udon Map mag
but due to a mistake not

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 22, 2013, 9:10 am

Dear customers of Nok Restaurant.

-Yes due to a VERY unfortunate misstake by UM i didn't get any Ads in in time for the high season.But what can i say other then sh** happens even in the best of familys.

Thank's all of you that have posted here so far,thank you very much.Thanks you "rct"for starting this thread,and a shoutout also goes to "pompui"for those lovley photos,thank you all.

Nok wants to say hello to old and new customers,and from us here at Nok Restaurant:Welcome to check us out!!

Khun Nok with family

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 22, 2013, 10:14 am

Some Moore photos

[quote="pompui"]I noticed their advert on the main map issue 59,map reference K1,and it also mentions her ice creams on offer.The main dishes have been the Meatballs,Cheeseburger,Panbif,Lasagne,Pyttipanna,Enchilada,Schnitzel,Potato cream soup.TW has also enjoyed the Thai food,has aircon and free wifi.
Have posted a number of photos on the other channel and more than happy to repost them here for members to get an idea :D Have always enjoyed the owners Nok and Alfie hospitality for 3 years or more,have not been awhile but you will not be disappointed IMO 8)
Attachments
Y93dv.jpg
T6HnN.jpg
sPl3V.jpg
gLRl7.jpg

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 22, 2013, 10:57 am

DuiDui wrote:Some Moore photos
pompui wrote:I noticed their advert on the main map issue 59,map reference K1,and it also mentions her ice creams on offer.The main dishes have been the Meatballs,Cheeseburger,Panbif,Lasagne,Pyttipanna,Enchilada,Schnitzel,Potato cream soup.TW has also enjoyed the Thai food,has aircon and free wifi.

And a Review that capture the essence of what customers think....

Review----Nok's Restaurant
By duncanc

Nok's is one of the more pleasant family restaurants in UdonThani. The food is very good, serving many dishes that are wonderfully seasoned with unique taste and flavors. The food is tasteful displayed on your plate or in your bowl. The menu prices are good. Both the seating area and the kitchen are fresh and clean. The restaurant is air conditioned, completely enclosed with slightly tinted front windows and door. No sun glare while you are enjoying your meal. Also the windows and door contribute to no street noise or traffic pollution. And yes, the kitchen is vented, which means those spicy dishes being prepared in the kitchen will not burn your eyes and cause you to gasp, cough.

Nok's is over all, a comfortable restaurant exerience, always offering a warm greeting to all customers. Orders are taken quickly. Outdoor seating is also availble with two comfortable tables. Smoking is allowed only at the outside tables. (thank you very much!) The menu is diverse, serving Thai food, Swedish food and some American foods as well. You have a choice of two different versions of their tasty cashew chicken, Thai or Chinese style. Both dishes are equally delightful in taste, with their own unique spices. New on the menu, you can now have a nice small size apple pie or a slice of cheese cake. Oh yes, did I mention that Nok's does not use MSG in any of their food. Amen!
The club sandwich also has it's own unique taste, served with a nice flavorful sauce between two thick slices of dark rye or light bread, complemented with a nice salad and french fries ( on request) or just order your club sandwich without salad and french fries. The meatloaf platter is served with plenty of fresh vegables. Both the meat loaf and Swedish meatballs are hardy delious meals, so bring your appetite and enjoy!
When ordering Thai dishes the menu will say "spicy" for all you lovers of hot and spicy foods.
At first glance, you will notice Nok's restaurant is setup and mangaged with good common sense and intellagence. One small example is, two or more tables you will find a nice roll of paper towels. I find this small, but welcomed service, greatly appreciated.You will notice one table will have the "all too common" thin rolled paper to wipe your hands. Customers for the most part remove their shoes before entering the restaurant, in order to help keep the floors more clean and tidy.
Nok's offers a nice selection of ice cold beers and soft drinks. Bottled water is available on request. I look forward to the time when the menu includes cappuccino's and expresso's. It will be a wonderful treat for all those serious coffee drinkers.
To summarize: This is a good, clean, friendly eating establishment serving quality, fresh, tasty food at a good price, in a warm, friendly environment.

Located at 93 Moon 8, Tambon Momon Nongsamrong Road. Opposite the Nongsamrong Golf Course.
Hours--9:00 am to 9:00 pm daily
Phone: 081-3671878 (Nok)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 22, 2013, 11:21 am

An excellent review by duncanc......from personal experience I can certainly recommend the Lasagne (made by Alfie himself) and the Pyttipanna.
Very clean and relaxing environment and you can enjoy a couple of reasonably priced beers with your food.
Closed on Tuesdays.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 22, 2013, 11:23 am

DuiDui wrote:Some Moore photos

pompui wrote:I noticed their advert on the main map issue 59,map reference K1,and it also mentions her ice creams on offer.The main dishes have been the Meatballs,Cheeseburger,Panbif,Lasagne,Pyttipanna,Enchilada,Schnitzel,Potato cream soup.TW has also enjoyed the Thai food,has aircon and free wifi.
Attachments
3HWz7.jpg
nokEdite2.jpg

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 23, 2013, 7:27 am

Zidane wrote:An excellent review by duncanc......from personal experience I can certainly recommend the Lasagne (made by Alfie himself) and the Pyttipanna.
Very clean and relaxing environment and you can enjoy a couple of reasonably priced beers with your food.
Closed on Tuesdays.

"Zidane",thank you for your words..Nok says she miss you,so you better come down here and have a chat with here OR if you unlucky,maybe have to talk with ME :shock: .Anyway,have a good day every one.. :wave:

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 23, 2013, 7:38 am

Lasagne%20at%20Nok%20Restaurant%20004.jpg
The Lasagne offering at Noks 8)

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » November 23, 2013, 12:52 pm

wow...lasagne...look good....price ????

:mrgreen:

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 23, 2013, 1:21 pm

Lasange ...drumroll.........180Bath...Is that okey with you hippo..Welcome brother!!

Rhino
udonmap.com

Post by Rhino » November 24, 2013, 6:44 pm

I ate there couple days ago with my friends from Finland and Sweden. Swedish guy liked meatballs so much, he ordered Enchillada also. I prefer Nok is the best food from my origins in Udon.
Travel light and fast.

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » November 24, 2013, 6:58 pm

Rinho,many thanks for your post and welcome back any time soon for a Meatball fix or something else..Have a good Sunday evening.Please do not forget the dessert,ICECREAM...jummy.

Khun Nok.

Rhino
udonmap.com

Post by Rhino » November 24, 2013, 8:49 pm

As we started, I can say Wienershnitchel is so veeery good. Ate two portions today in small hangover and I was whole again. Yuhuu. Thanks for good service!
Travel light and fast.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » November 25, 2013, 4:37 am

I have been a very satisfied customer at all three of Noks venues and can happily endorse the comments. For those who wish to have a healthy option, try Noks stir fry vegetables with pork or chicken, Nok does not need to 'wash the plate' afterwards!!!

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”