Big Sausage on Watana Nuwong Road (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » April 10, 2014, 12:13 pm

This place opened up whilst I was back in the UK.
I have been hearing good reviews, so I went in and had a look.
The English guys will love this place, as the menu contains most of our favourites.
Also an extensive range of goods on sale like bacon, sausages, steaks.
Make to feel very welcome, lovely staff here, a credit to the town.

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Big Sausage (Watana Nuwong Road).

Post by BobHelm » April 10, 2014, 12:34 pm

Exactly where is it along the road Prenders??

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » April 13, 2014, 7:04 am

Is this your mate Aussie Richards place Prenders :-k

papafarang
udonmap.com

BIG SAUSAGE

Post by papafarang » April 22, 2014, 3:30 pm

hi lads, went to a party at Big sausage the other night, great to see all the old faces it had been a while. good to see yet another good eatery in the centre of town, but heres the good news, the chef there is half greek, and he treated me to a REAL kebab, simple ,not coverd in sweet sauces, just onion , tomato and Tzatziki sauce, and the meat was perfect, he also stocks gourmet sausages too. so if you like authentic kebab this is the place, sorry forgot to ask the price.
UM should get down there to see if they want to be sponsers, and grab a kebab while there wait.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 22, 2014, 3:33 pm

pompui wrote:Is this your mate Aussie Richards place Prenders :-k
NO it has nothing to do with Richard, and he don't own a bar in day and night either.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 11, 2014, 11:28 pm

Prenders88 wrote:This place opened up whilst I was back in the UK.
I have been hearing good reviews, so I went in and had a look.
The English guys will love this place, as the menu contains most of our favourites.
Also an extensive range of goods on sale like bacon, sausages, steaks.
Make to feel very welcome, lovely staff here, a credit to the town.
Heard a lot about this gaff recently so popped in tonight for some scran ...... well buggar me backwards if it wasnt an old long standing customer of CC (Mark) whose running the place , nice fella and as stated in Mr P's post above twill be a good addition to the town , spotlessly clean and Peter ex City Lodge over seeing the kitchen/cooking .

I had cod chips n mushy peas and a pineapple cream pie all blooming lovely twas too ,, oh yeah and a lamb kebab to take home for Bisto mi dog although he didnt get a sniff before my next door neighbor stole it from him [-X .

Credit where its due good luck with the big sausage .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 16, 2014, 12:11 pm

For the past several weeks one certain well known falang has been selling advance tickets to a one time special pizza buffet at Big Sausage which was to take place last Wednesday, May 14th. Several people including myself showed up at various times during the day and the restaurant was closed with a sign posted saying "closed for holiday for staff". So far no one that I know of has been given any explanation for the blunder. Was this some sort of a scam? How could something like this possibly be a simple mix-up? Does anyone know what really happened? Does the owner owe the public some sort of explanation and an apology?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 16, 2014, 12:56 pm

semperfiguy wrote:For the past several weeks one certain well known falang has been selling advance tickets to a one time special pizza buffet at Big Sausage which was to take place last Wednesday, May 14th. Several people including myself showed up at various times during the day and the restaurant was closed with a sign posted saying "closed for holiday for staff". So far no one that I know of has been given any explanation for the blunder. Was this some sort of a scam? How could something like this possibly be a simple mix-up? Does anyone know what really happened? Does the owner owe the public some sort of explanation and an apology?
. . . and, perhaps, a refund? There's bound to be more to this story.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 16, 2014, 1:06 pm

The Big Sausage is over the road from Tawan Daeng on the junction that leads into Centara Plaza.
The old lags here, will know Peter the chef, from the City Lodge heydays.
I saw Mark yesterday, he told me about all the outside catering they are now doing, and loads of takeaways.
The Cod and Chips is superb.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » May 16, 2014, 5:10 pm

Udon Map wrote:
semperfiguy wrote:For the past several weeks one certain well known falang has been selling advance tickets to a one time special pizza buffet at Big Sausage which was to take place last Wednesday, May 14th. Several people including myself showed up at various times during the day and the restaurant was closed with a sign posted saying "closed for holiday for staff". So far no one that I know of has been given any explanation for the blunder. Was this some sort of a scam? How could something like this possibly be a simple mix-up? Does anyone know what really happened? Does the owner owe the public some sort of explanation and an apology?
. . . and, perhaps, a refund? There's bound to be more to this story.
Here now, there was no such promotion, you got scammed.

Name the farang.

Bigsausage

Post by Bigsausage » May 16, 2014, 5:43 pm

Hello everybody this is Mark and Ning the owners of The Big Sausage. I would like to say thank you for all you great comments and also would like to ask anybody that has been sold pizza coupons by a famous Falang to come and see us as we have not sold any food coupons so we would like to get to the bottom of this matter. Many thanks to all our customers.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » May 16, 2014, 8:26 pm

I think a new thread is in order, to talk about "famous farangs".....doubt I am on the list, and intend to keep it that way.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2014, 9:53 pm

Bigsausage wrote:Hello everybody this is Mark and Ning the owners of The Big Sausage. I would like to say thank you for all you great comments and also would like to ask anybody that has been sold pizza coupons by a famous Falang to come and see us as we have not sold any food coupons so we would like to get to the bottom of this matter. Many thanks to all our customers.
Ayup Mark tho i agree you need to get to the bottom of it , i wouldnt take it too much to heart as most if not all on UM and those of sane mind who reside in Udon understand this sounds like a scam by the mystery "well known farang" and nothing specifically to do with you and your big sausage ... im sure a name will come forward soon ...cant wait !!.

Enjoyed the Cod n Chips mate and the Lamb Kebab got the double thumbs up from a shwarma expert even if he did steal the said kebab off Bisto mi dog [-X .

Nice spot you have there and sure to be a great add on to the Udons fast growing eatery port folio

DM
Jon ex CC
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » May 17, 2014, 6:19 am

the old & well trodden 'advance fee & closed for some excuse' scam. well known in bangers.

if that mystery faalaang is still in town, i would leave all the ill gotten gains with someone trustworthy to refund all the victims & disappear as other scamming faalangs have done in the past.

this story could have more tiwsts & turns than the kinaree story. 8-[ 8-[
temptation is a .....

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » May 17, 2014, 9:14 am

back in town i presume :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 17, 2014, 12:22 pm

I don't know much about Udon's night life but I was expecting this thread to be about Udon's debauched farang interested in a big Katoey's equipment ...

Now we have our appetite whetted about a famous farang who's becoming infamous ...
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » May 17, 2014, 1:15 pm

Starting to look like the first page of our business thread. Back then it was a controversy about having "bar" in the name. :roll:

Good luck with the new venture. Certainly a good location. Always looking for new and different places to dine out. I'll be in soon.

Bubba
Every day I wake up is a good day.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 17, 2014, 1:31 pm

GT93 wrote:I don't know much about Udon's night life but I was expecting this thread to be about Udon's debauched farang interested in a big Katoey's equipment ...

Now we have our appetite whetted about a famous farang who's becoming infamous ...
Will Semp reveal all?

Will the Pizza Party Pooper come clean?

Will Mark get to the bottom of it?

Will the Sausage become as famous as the Gherkin?

Will Bisto get his long awaited replacement kebab?

Join us next week, same time, same channel :lol:

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 17, 2014, 2:23 pm

Yes, a great story for Ernest and the Udon Echo.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 17, 2014, 2:53 pm

BigBubba wrote:Starting to look like the first page of our business thread. Back then it was a controversy about having "bar" in the name. :roll:

Good luck with the new venture. Certainly a good location. Always looking for new and different places to dine out. I'll be in soon.

Bubba
Bless me Father, for I have sinned.......I've told a few people over the years that I haven't frequented a bar in Udon for over 10+ years.

Back on topic.......are eating establishments in Udon in such demand that people can get away with selling advance tickets to a buffet? Thanksgiving dinner, maybe, but pizza buffet?

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”