Dose Espresso - Nice Bistro Across from Maeya (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » December 11, 2014, 9:45 pm

A regular breaky drop for my wife and I after dropping the kids off at school.
Food and coffee are great, we haven't been disappointed yet.
The fresh juice cocktails are a favourite with my wife especially the Detox.

I think the eggs on toast with a grilled tomato is around 80-90 baht & the Spanish eggs & toast (beans with bacon and tomato with 2 eggs on top and baked in the oven) around 114 baht.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 20, 2015, 4:56 pm

A few years of teaching a Calvert homeschool course taught me more about the world of art than I ever learned in my years of formal education. I can chill out and enjoy a Matisse, Cézanne, or Gauguin even though I might not be able to distinguish an artist's good paintings from his/her bad. Udon doesn't offer much in the way of galleries.....so I continue to get my dose of good art at my favorite coffee shop.
And since art is supposed to be good for your soul, I can justify an occasional slice of Belgium chocolate cake with a cup of cappuccino or macchiato. I'm pretty sure the proprietors sprinkle a bit of crack over that sprig of mint......just to keep the customers coming back for more.
By the way, the menu is expanded.....a few more items on offer for lunch/dinner and breakfast.
Attachments
20150120_133719.jpg

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » January 21, 2015, 12:33 pm

parrot wrote: I'm pretty sure the proprietors sprinkle a bit of crack over that sprig of mint.....
OT's order: One Grande Skinny Latte, a nice piece of Belgium Chocolate Cake together with five Sprigs of Mint please!

OT.................... \:D/

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by akwoodworker » January 21, 2015, 2:22 pm

Pictures look great! Remind me of building beautiful plates, I had a lot of fun doing it. A lot goes into making a signature plate.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 4, 2015, 2:12 pm

While browsing the amulet shops looking for one that does engraving (http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/e ... 36270.html) one of my brain cells reignited with 'Strawberry Fields Forever'.......almost 50 years ago!......just enough to remind me that I was around the corner from Dose Espresso.
Today's artistic work a wedge of strawberry cake, slice of orange, kiwi, sprig of mint on a small pillow of cream......with strawberry sauce drizzled on the side......and sprinkled with the obligatory crack powder to keep those customers coming back for more. Cappuccino and mint infused water to wash it down. And a margherita pizza to devour at home.
Thanks to Bonanza for putting me in the neighborhood! (http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/e ... 36270.html)
Attachments
20150204_124626.jpg
20150204_124637.jpg

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » February 4, 2015, 3:24 pm

If Parrot's words and photos are inspiring...

Seeing the updates on Dose's facebook page will put one over the top, a great photographer/s, and scroll all the way down to their farm visit.....such happiness.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dose-Esp ... tos_stream

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » February 4, 2015, 3:36 pm

rct wrote:If Parrot's words and photos are inspiring...

Seeing the updates on Dose's facebook page will put one over the top, a great photographer/s, and scroll all the way down to their farm visit.....such happiness.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dose-Esp ... tos_stream
Some amazing photographs of food and coffee, hard to believe this level of choice is available in Udon. A must visit destination on my next visit from the depths of the countryside.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 4, 2015, 8:22 pm

Our new neighbor from Switzerland is in town......so I treated with a lunch at Diary Restaurant.....he....tuna salad.....me...ginger pork....both very delicious. Dessert? Had to take my friend to Dose Espresso where ate Tiramisu drowned with a nice cup of Picolo Latte. Oh, yeah, crack sprinkled on the side.....to keep customers coming back for more.
Is there anything better than the remnants of some brown sugar that remain with the last drops of a cup of good coffee?

By the way......Dose is building a new.....bigger....restaurant just up from the back of the prison on Naresuan Rd....almost next door to my favorite homemade ice-cream shop.....and my favorite Vietnamese noodle shop and my favorite beef lahb shop. They're hoping to open in late April.
Attachments
20150303_133013 (1).jpg

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » July 1, 2015, 11:00 am

Popped in this morning for sauteed mussels,extra portion of garlic bread,piccolo latte and triple berry frappe,takeaway being linguine tomyam seafood 8)
20150701_095701.jpg
20150701_100027.jpg
20150701_095953.jpg
20150701_100011.jpg
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dose-Esp ... 2750113334

Website http://www.doseespressoth.com which gives info on their second location in the subsection - cafes 8)

Bouph
udonmap.com

Post by Bouph » July 21, 2015, 1:23 pm

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on May 24, 2018, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » July 21, 2015, 6:04 pm

I went to Dose today to try out the new venue and food on offer with my wife and friend. The new place is much larger with a similar industrial design. They are looking to fuse together Thai with Japanese and western cooking styles. The stir fried mushrooms, squid ink spaghetti and the pork medallions were lovely. Not sure the correct names of the dishes as we didn't see the menu as we were sampling dishes they served up. We bought a bottle of wine along and didn't have to pay corkage. Apparently they will be selling wine in the future however for the meantime you can byo. Not sure if today was invite only for regulars to provide s bit of feedback on the new food on offer. Dose will definitely be open tomorrow for all.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bouph
udonmap.com

Post by Bouph » July 21, 2015, 11:19 pm

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on May 24, 2018, 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » July 22, 2015, 12:38 am

The guy in the car park told us it was tomorrow also but my wife questioned it and he checked and found out it was today. We were there around 1pm which we were told was opening time for day one. May have just been a mistake from the staff member you spoke to.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 23, 2015, 3:13 am

I wouldn't be put off with a soft opening day , being a day out.

From the look of those pictures, It seems to be a very attractive fit out and if the menu is as tasty as Dose 1 , then Im sure both Thais and Expats will support them in this new venture.

BYO wines are a very attractive option for me, even if a Corkage ( Screw Tops included lol ) is charged.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » July 23, 2015, 8:00 am

wazza wrote: BYO wines are a very attractive option for me, even if a Corkage ( Screw Tops included lol ) is charged.
Wazza your not going to be impressing anyone when you bring your Mont Clair ! :lol:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 23, 2015, 8:06 am

South African paint stripper.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » July 23, 2015, 1:59 pm

Struggling to work out exactly where Dose 2 is,do I ask at the prison or the mosque for directions :-k :

Good to know no corkage fee,maybe a 50 baht fee for screwtops =; :badteeth: :D 8)

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » July 23, 2015, 4:15 pm

Heading from the airport end of Sri Chomcheun road turn right at Naresuan Alley. Dose is around 50 metres down on the right hand side. It looks a bit like a large shed with a cemented area out from with around seven car parks there's also a small lane running down the side of it

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » July 23, 2015, 5:17 pm

Thanks for your review and directions,will not be long before I visit dose 2 8)

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » July 23, 2015, 6:28 pm

No worries Pomps.Thought I should mention I don't think Dose 2 has a breaky menu.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”