Zap Steak Buffet.

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Zap Steak Buffet.

Post by beer monkey » January 15, 2007, 10:04 pm

Some of you may have already been here.

Its located next to the Koala bar near to the train station, Its a steak buffet joint, all you can eat 89 baht !!.

went there 6 times recently, great place, on offer they have T.bone, beef steak(all resonable tasting steaks), pork steak, fish steak, french fries, spagetti (sauce's too) kebabs, grilled sliced pork,Hoi, garlic bread,spare ribs, deep fried selection of foods all cooked in front of you, noodle soup, fresh friuts, cake, jelly,tub-tim , ice creams,icey pops for the little ones, lots of thai food,and much more,but just to point out some of the Thai stuff is cold as they don't keep them on warmers. with the steaks you pick the ones you want and they put them on a hot plate and warm them up, the place gets very busy around sat nights so maybe go early or go mid-week, beer is cheap and you can have it in a big beer tube and pour yourself, also a large screen showing football or some sport.
Decent surroundings, and decent staff, so if you have 89 baht in your pocket and need feeding go have a look, i am sure you won't be dissapointed with it.
This is the perfect place to take the Thai family of around 15 people out to.

wickder
udonmap.com

Post by wickder » January 15, 2007, 10:48 pm

Hmmm,warmed up resonable tasting steaks.Lovely.
Just trying to help the locals

muscle
udonmap.com

Post by muscle » January 15, 2007, 10:48 pm

All you can eat? Dangerous. Thanks, I will try that. My 70 baht place filled me up but I am always looking for deals. Nice pics.

john2005
udonmap.com

Post by john2005 » January 15, 2007, 10:54 pm

You make the place sound really appealing,cold Thai food and ok steaks. :roll: If i should find myself in the gutter at some future date maybe.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 15, 2007, 10:58 pm

wickder wrote:Hmmm,warmed up resonable tasting steaks.Lovely.
did'nt want to over do it on the description wicker as they are not pure Aberdeen Angus steaks, .....try one of the "resonable" steaks for yourself, i am sure you will be surprised and happy with the 89 baht that you will spend.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 15, 2007, 11:06 pm

john2005 wrote:You make the place sound really appealing,cold Thai food and ok steaks. :roll: If i should find myself in the gutter at some future date maybe.
sorry john2005 i meant to say the steak buffet was 89 baht and not 890 baht..whoops....:roll:
just don't have the cold thai dishes , maybe you could invite wicker to try some resonable steaks and let us know how you liked it.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 15, 2007, 11:14 pm

89 baht for all you can eat sounds like a great deal to me. I haven't tried this place yet but it's on my list.

Every time I drive past this place it's always packed out so they're obviously doing a good trade.

Thanks for the reviews and photos BM.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » January 16, 2007, 4:22 am

Thats interesting there are actually two places next to each other both are buffets, One place charges you for each dish you take, certainly lot more then 89 baht. That is the very large place with live music, so I assume you mean the small place next to it?

I've had them in the past and usually it's a small breakfast steak some fries Ect, The ones I have before have been very good for what is offered.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 16, 2007, 8:31 am

Are the steaks comparable to the 55 baht steak at the night market?

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » January 16, 2007, 1:03 pm

I have eaten there quite a few times. The steaks are a little chewy but everything else is good. Chicken, pork, fish and thai food. As much as you want for 89 Baht.

Right next door to the Koala bar.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 16, 2007, 4:17 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:Are the steaks comparable to the 55 baht steak at the night market?
not had those, but you can have as many as you want, the bbq guy just keeps grilling more and more, T-bone is a bit chewy but the normal steak is good as is the pork steak,which are all seasoned,and they arn't breakfast steaks, have 4 if you like and just keep filling a plate up with other food as many times as you like and the bill is still 89 baht,no catch.
Don't forget to pick up a knife for your steak,next to the girl on the hot-plates.

yes right slap bang next to the koala bar. Saturday there seems to be Chang Beer Girls who insist they pour your beer from the 4 litre tubes.

VicVegas
udonmap.com

Post by VicVegas » January 26, 2007, 1:12 am

I've eaten there many times, and at the larger buffet next door. Steaks are OK, pork chops very good, chicken excellent, haven't tried the fish but a friend said it was good.

The larger place next door (sounds like "Pink" when my GF says the name ?) has better chicken wings, but besides that I prefer the steak buffet.

Here's some of the beer girls

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 26, 2007, 1:18 am

The 4 litre Tube Of Leo in zap, with a girl who pulls it for you...Image

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » January 26, 2007, 12:04 pm

I finally did get to try it, for waht you pay it is excellent goes far beyond just the steaks, ther is an excellent buffet as well. In my mind I don't expect a steak that you can cut with a fork for 89 baht. So if that is what are looking for that this is definetly the wrong place and if you ever find one for 89 baht be sure and let us all know.

To me an excellent place for something different and good evening with the wife. For you non smokers I did go to the sidewalk for my smoke :lol: :lol: :lol:

muscle
udonmap.com

Post by muscle » January 28, 2007, 11:52 am

We also tried it last night. Decent T-Bone, a bit chewy but worth the price. The side dishes were a bit cold, no IR warmers but not bad. No real complaints. Lots of farang.
I wonder if the iquai grazing in the field across the street belong to the Zap?
A lot of people but quick service. We will go back again, although I do prefer the quieter atmosphere of the 70 baht steakhouse over by the Ban Hoy. They are not all you can eat but the plate served contains all I can eat.

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » January 28, 2007, 1:46 pm

I was at Zap last night, had a T bone, pork chop, pork steak, fish, plate of drumets, plate of salad, three scoops ice cream, and three liters beer, oh had help with the beer;o) A very good deal. If all their customers were same same me they'd be paws up within an hour or so.

Bob4you
udonmap.com

Post by Bob4you » June 2, 2007, 5:14 pm

ray23 wrote:Thats interesting there are actually two places next to each other both are buffets, One place charges you for each dish you take, certainly lot more then 89 baht. That is the very large place with live music, so I assume you mean the small place next to it?

I've had them in the past and usually it's a small breakfast steak some fries Ect, The ones I have before have been very good for what is offered.
I went to eat at Zap's last night for the first time. pulled into the big parking lot next door (JAJT restaurant) and found out it was for the big place not for Zap's. I asked if it was buffet and they assured me yes, B99 for all you can eat.

What a feast, they had everything imaginable all fresh and cooked to order. Although one of my favorites (salmon sashimi) was not cooked but raw and very fresh.

Steak was grilled medium for me and rare for a friend and cooked perfectly. Many varities of whole fish fried, grilled and steamed for the Thai family, great ice cream and cake for desert but my favorite dish was in the stir fry section "stir fry crocodile" actually very tender and can be ordered phet on mai phet if you are afraid of spices.

The place was rocking (Friday night) big crowd, quiet band until 8pm then the volume went up 30 dcb's so friend and I left Thai family to enjoy the dancing maidens, comedians and singers and we went to the outside tables where we could communicate.

We met the owner "Jan" who just bought the place last month and has changed the format, done some remodeling, brought in some Hi-So dancers and given the place a lot of class.

She is one of those rare Thai's who seem to understand customer service and relations and will build a very successful business. Ask for her, introduce yourself and ask to buy a VIP card, 990 Bhat for 12 dinners (a punch card making net cost B82.5) I don't think you will regret it.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2007, 9:12 pm

Bob4you wrote:What a feast, they had everything imaginable all fresh and cooked to order. Although one of my favorites (salmon sashimi) was not cooked but raw and very fresh.
I have yet to experience the pleasure of eating a cooked sashimi :shock:

VAL
udonmap.com

Post by VAL » June 2, 2007, 11:20 pm

went to jajt restaurant ( the one with the picture of green horse next to koala bar ) on friday for the first time myself with gf...very good value..99bht all you can eat...we where stuffed..has to be one of the best bbq places in town....

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 2, 2007, 11:25 pm

so has the zap steak buffet changed names or are we now talking about the joint next to zap, next door but one from koala bar,..... :confused:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”