THE ROCKHOUSE UDON

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
tutone
udonmap.com

Re: THE ROCKHOUSE UDON IS NOW OPEN

Post by tutone » August 6, 2017, 3:24 pm

Very good American breakfast with side order of biscuits and gravy this morning.

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

TUESDAY SUB DAY AT ROCKHOUSE

Post by PAPA Z » August 7, 2017, 6:22 pm

Hello Udon Thani!
Tuesday from 11:00- 18:00 enjoy any of our New York subs with a soft drink for only B149-
-Meatball
-Hot Italian sausage with onions and peppers
-Chicken parmigiana

Thank you
Papa Z
Attachments
IMG_0020.JPG
Meatball sub
IMG_0020.JPG (35.71 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
IMG_0019.JPG
Chicken parm sub
IMG_0019.JPG (34.52 KiB) Viewed 2208 times
IMG_0017.JPG
Zesty hot Italian sausage sub
IMG_0017.JPG (33.68 KiB) Viewed 2208 times

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » August 9, 2017, 2:02 pm

I dropped in for a sub last night and really enjoyed the Italian Sausage. Extremely tasty and with Led Zep on the speakers in the background, an all round good experience

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

SUPREME PIZZA ALL DAY SPECIAL AT THE ROCKHOUSE

Post by PAPA Z » August 10, 2017, 3:00 am

Hello Udon!
In addition to our daily buy one get one 50% off special, for today Thursday we offer you our spectacular, delicious, always freshly made SUPREMO 16" pizza for only B499- That's B200 off the menu price. (Buy one get one 50% also qualifies on this special).
Come by and grab one today!
Thank you
Papa Z
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG (49.4 KiB) Viewed 2036 times

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

Post by PAPA Z » August 10, 2017, 8:12 pm

Hello Udon,
Please note that we will not be serving breakfast tomorrow and will open at 12:00.
Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you
Papa Z

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » August 11, 2017, 9:35 pm

Popped in earlier tonight & it was great. The Boy had a hoofing great big cheeseburger that he said really hit the spot & our little Thai nephew had a calzone which he decided is now his favourite farang food, ever. All with some top tunes playing in the back ground

Nice one
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

RISE 'N SHINE BREAKFAST AT THE ROCKHOUSE UDON

Post by PAPA Z » August 12, 2017, 6:14 am

Happy weekend Udon!
Breakfast today from 09:00-13:00.
All your favorite real American breakfast entrees and ala carte extras are waiting for you this morning.

Today's breakfast specials are:

1. 2 eggs to order, bacon or sausage, home fries,and toast B99-

2. Our huge Grand Slam Breakfast only B179-
(Basically a bit of everything breakfast on one plate- including biscuits n gravy)

3. Come 4 pay for 3; A great breakfast treat special for the family weekend breakfast ritual.
Order any 4 of our menu breakfasts and only pay for 3 (the lowest priced menu breakfast order will be the free one).

You just can't go wrong this morning with these great breakfast specials.
And as always our Folgers coffee and tea are unlimited!

Thank you
Papa Z
Attachments
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG (34.96 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG (31.45 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG (21.59 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG (39.63 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_0715.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG (32.42 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG (38.67 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG (27.16 KiB) Viewed 1840 times

Deacz9
udonmap.com

Post by Deacz9 » August 12, 2017, 12:32 pm

I just had Breakfast at the Rockhouse. I did not get offered any special!. It might have been written on the wall somewhere but I'm not going to walk around like an idiot looking at walls. The staff gave me the breakfast menu. I chose the 169bt English Breakfast.
What a disaster of a breakfast!. One sausage that was not Cumberland, not anything like the size a Cumberland was supposed to be or taste. It tasted of something plastic to be honest. 2 scraggly bits of overcooked bacon, one round of toast, small round at that, Hash brown I get in UK are the solid type but OK you can do it as the stir fry oily looking one that i got, I left that as it was cold. The eggs, 3 eggs, why 3 eggs, normal in UK is 1 or 2. And a cup of cold beans. The eggs were cold too as was the inedible Cumberland micro sausage. The brewed coffee was ok, just ok but rather tasteless for me. Certainly wouldn't have another cup. Altogether, It was probably the worst breakfast I've had this side of Philippines!.
Please search images of Cumberland Sausage and English Bacon and English Breakfast in general before cooking any more!.

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

Post by PAPA Z » August 12, 2017, 1:38 pm

Deacz9 wrote:
August 12, 2017, 12:32 pm
I just had Breakfast at the Rockhouse. I did not get offered any special!. It might have been written on the wall somewhere but I'm not going to walk around like an idiot looking at walls. The staff gave me the breakfast menu. I chose the 169bt English Breakfast.
What a disaster of a breakfast!. One sausage that was not Cumberland, not anything like the size a Cumberland was supposed to be or taste. It tasted of something plastic to be honest. 2 scraggly bits of overcooked bacon, one round of toast, small round at that, Hash brown I get in UK are the solid type but OK you can do it as the stir fry oily looking one that i got, I left that as it was cold. The eggs, 3 eggs, why 3 eggs, normal in UK is 1 or 2. And a cup of cold beans. The eggs were cold too as was the inedible Cumberland micro sausage. The brewed coffee was ok, just ok but rather tasteless for me. Certainly wouldn't have another cup. Altogether, It was probably the worst breakfast I've had this side of Philippines!.
Please search images of Cumberland Sausage and English Bacon and English Breakfast in general
before cooking any more!.
Dear sir,
I am sorry but the sequence of events did not go the way that you have described here. We don't mind critique but I do mind if your critique is not completely factual.
I'll start with the specials- our specials were posted on the specials board as you walked in. No way you could've missed the sign. Be that as it may my manager tells me that he didnt even have time to mention the specials because you ordered the English breakfast straight away.
Secondly, if you didn't notice we are an American venue and serve American style food and coffee. The hash browns you were served were real American hash browns and not some deep fried formed potato. If you wanted that all you had to do was ask, let alone the fact that my manager offered it to you instead.
Now I know for a fact as do any of my breakfast customers, that a cold egg or beans or anything has never left our kitchen "cold". Maybe during all the time you took to write your post the food got cold, since there are fans working outside for your comfort.
I'll now address the Cumberland sausage, since you're English, please read the label on this package below:
Any questions on it being Cumberland sausage?
Lastly, I'm told you were very rude to my staff from the onset, and oh yes, you did finish your breakfast, so it probably wasn't all as bad as you have so inaccurately described here.
I'll put any of our breakfasts against anything available anywhere in Udon Thani.
Have a great day!
Papa Z
ROCKHOUSE OWNER
IMG_0218.JPG

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » August 12, 2017, 3:06 pm

More than adequate for this American's needs
The Folgers coffee will probably not suit European taste but it is lovely to us.

Many, many places in and around Udon serving English style breakfast. Try one of those. None other that I know of serving American style, especially the coffee.

Deacz9
udonmap.com

Post by Deacz9 » August 12, 2017, 4:48 pm

PAPA Z wrote:
August 12, 2017, 1:38 pm
Dear sir,
I am sorry but the sequence of events did not go the way that you have described here. We don't mind critique but I do mind if your critique is not completely factual.
I'll start with the specials- our specials were posted on the specials board as you walked in. No way you could've missed the sign. Be that as it may my manager tells me that he didnt even have time to mention the specials because you ordered the English breakfast straight away.
Secondly, if you didn't notice we are an American venue and serve American style food and coffee. The hash browns you were served were real American hash browns and not some deep fried formed potato. If you wanted that all you had to do was ask, let alone the fact that my manager offered it to you instead.
Now I know for a fact as do any of my breakfast customers, that a cold egg or beans or anything has never left our kitchen "cold". Maybe during all the time you took to write your post the food got cold, since there are fans working outside for your comfort.
I'll now address the Cumberland sausage, since you're English, please read the label on this package below:
Any questions on it being Cumberland sausage?
Lastly, I'm told you were very rude to my staff from the onset, and oh yes, you did finish your breakfast, so it probably wasn't all as bad as you have so inaccurately described here.
I'll put any of our breakfasts against anything available anywhere in Udon Thani.
Have a great day!
Papa Z
ROCKHOUSE OWNERIMG_0218.JPG
[/quote]

My criticism was fair and should have been taken on board as you might a good report. There was nothing Non factual!. I genuinely did not see the special sign which yes that could be me, walked straight past it my bad peripheral vision . There were no specials on the menu.
I did question the Hash Browns and your staff who spoke good English explained, and I said it would be OK. He did offer to cook some more but I declined as I'm not a big fan of Hash browns, fried potatoes, chips or home fries whatever they are. I hadn't attempted to eat it at that point. When I tried it. It was Cold! It was All cold.
I did not write the review until some time later when I got home, so I would suggest the food at one point was hot, but failed to reach me the same. At no point was I rude to your Staff!. I asked if the coffee was brewed or powder and said OK as it was brewed. My Thai is not perfect but I know how to speak polite (Khrap). I had to plug the big fan in outside as your staff did not notice me sitting there sweating. I said nothing about that. Wasn't worth mentioning but now you accusing me of non factual reporting I'll also tell you that when I paid the bill and got the change I did say to the serving staff. Pom mai sabai ahahn my rhorn. Not happy food was cold. This was also without rudeness. They just grinned and maybe didn't even understand. I ate approx 60% of it as I was hungry. I know when a Farang cannot communicate is is sometimes interpreted as rudeness where it is just difference of translation . Yes you have an American style bar and food. I like this style, the music the motorbikes as I'm an old biker but English breakfast it wasn't! No self respecting English breakfast would have bacon like that with it! The Cumberland Sausage, yes that is what the label says. But having lived in Cumberland (Ambleside) for some time I would advise, don't believe everything you read on a label.

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

THE ROCKHOUSE ALL WEEK BREAKFAST SPECIAL

Post by PAPA Z » August 14, 2017, 6:37 pm

Hello Udon!
All this week enjoy our delicious pancake breakfast from 09:00-12:00 for only B129-
Includes bottomless cup of coffee or tea and juice
Thank you
Papa Z
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG (31.45 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

ALL WEEK BREAKFAST SPECIAL AT THE ROCKHOUSE UDON

Post by PAPA Z » August 15, 2017, 4:32 am

Hello Udon!
All this week enjoy our delicious pancake breakfast from 09:00-12:00 for only B129-
Includes bottomless cup of coffee or tea and juice
Thank you
Papa Z
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG (31.45 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

THE ROCKHOUSE UDON THANI

Post by PAPA Z » August 15, 2017, 5:18 am

There are a good number of privately owned bars, restaurants, and other businesses in Udon of which all, in my opinion, honestly attempt to do our best to bring a pleasant experience to all who choose to patronize us. Unfortunately, at times we miss the mark, due to whatever external influences which we are unable to control. All of us who decided to open and run such businesses here are well aware that we are constantly dealing with daily issues which we most likely would not have to deal with elsewhere. The issues are too many to get into.
In spite of this reality we continue to do what we think is best, and continue to provide quality service, quality products, quality venues, etc. to the best of our abilities. Regardless of everything we try to do it is literally impossible to please everyone, as tastes are subjective at best. And this we regret. However, these instances are actually few and far in between, and we take comfort and pride that the greatest majority of our clientele base is actually very satisfied with our service, products, food, etc.
And we know this because they keep coming back, and because they tell us so.
Personally, I applaud anyone from any country around the globe who decided to pick up and come to such an, at times, austere business environment and take a shot.
We will continue to take the lumps with the good, and continue to strive to please our established clientele and potential new clientele.
Thank you
Papa Z

Fatone
udonmap.com

Post by Fatone » August 15, 2017, 7:44 am

Having spent my life managing retail electronics shops in Oz I can sympathize. You can not please everyone. I am looking forward to trying your establishment when I finally make it to Udon. Your pictures make me salivate. Keep up the great thread.

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

Post by PAPA Z » August 15, 2017, 7:47 am

Fatone wrote:
August 15, 2017, 7:44 am
Having spent my life managing retail electronics shops in Oz I can sympathize. You can not please everyone. I am looking forward to trying your establishment when I finally make it to Udon. Your pictures make me salivate. Keep up the great thread.
Thank you sir
Papa Z

Benchwarmer10
udonmap.com

Post by Benchwarmer10 » August 15, 2017, 1:20 pm

You’re pretty right, Z. Everyone that opens any sort of business is simply trying to provide a service and catch a target audience. The more experienced operators do it better than others.

You are quite correct. Nobody gets it right all the time, that’s the learning curve that even well established businesses go through. All any business can do is their best, and mould their services to meet changing needs.

BW has been lucky; the few complaints we’ve had about food have been made personally on the day, fixed on the day and solved for the future. In my opinion, publishing public criticisms for reasons best known to them, is a little bit unfair. After all, we all have different tastes and preferences.

It seems to me that “the new kid on the block syndrome” is in full swing here. The keyboard critics seem to hammer any new business that has a crack, again, for reasons known only to themselves. It seems there is a new imported meat business opening soon. I hope they’re well-prepared for the probable barrage.

I dropped in to the Rock House earlier today for a coffee and a yarn. Unfortunately Z was off-site, but I met Wee Aussie Steve who was eating a breakfast. With his permission, he said he came to try the place out after reading the recently posted criticism. The old saying, “There’s no such thing as bad publicity” rings true again. He said he enjoyed his breakfast, and it looked pretty good to me. Nothing wrong with the US-style coffee, either.

Baz

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

Post by PAPA Z » August 15, 2017, 6:03 pm

Benchwarmer10 wrote:
August 15, 2017, 1:20 pm
You’re pretty right, Z. Everyone that opens any sort of business is simply trying to provide a service and catch a target audience. The more experienced operators do it better than others.

You are quite correct. Nobody gets it right all the time, that’s the learning curve that even well established businesses go through. All any business can do is their best, and mould their services to meet changing needs.

BW has been lucky; the few complaints we’ve had about food have been made personally on the day, fixed on the day and solved for the future. In my opinion, publishing public criticisms for reasons best known to them, is a little bit unfair. After all, we all have different tastes and preferences.

It seems to me that “the new kid on the block syndrome” is in full swing here. The keyboard critics seem to hammer any new business that has a crack, again, for reasons known only to themselves. It seems there is a new imported meat business opening soon. I hope they’re well-prepared for the probable barrage.

I dropped in to the Rock House earlier today for a coffee and a yarn. Unfortunately Z was off-site, but I met Wee Aussie Steve who was eating a breakfast. With his permission, he said he came to try the place out after reading the recently posted criticism. The old saying, “There’s no such thing as bad publicity” rings true again. He said he enjoyed his breakfast, and it looked pretty good to me. Nothing wrong with the US-style coffee, either.

Baz
G'Day Baz! Thanks for the encouraging remarks.
Glad you and BW are doing well. And thanks for dropping in. I saw you on the cameras while you were there. A new meat supplier you say? Can you PM me details please if you have any.
Yeah...as you know our little space on the planet in Udon has indeed proven to be a tough audience. But, I believe the likes of us have always been up for a challenge, and will continue to do so inspite of the naysayers.
We can only try our best with what we're afforded here.
Again, I appreciate the support and friendship you've shown since we opened two years ago.
Best to you
Z

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

THE ROCKHOUSE DELIVERY MENU

Post by PAPA Z » August 17, 2017, 12:18 pm

HELLO UDON!
Below is our delivery menu-
Slide1.JPG
click on the picture to enlarge

PAPA Z
udonmap.com

FAMOUS THAI ACTOR AND SINGER VISITS ROCKHOUSE

Post by PAPA Z » August 18, 2017, 4:33 am

On Wednesday Thailand's famous actor and singer Kob Songsit Rungnopakunsi stopped by the Rockhouse for a meal and some drinks. Thank you Khun Kob!
Papa Z
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG (34.72 KiB) Viewed 1947 times

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”