Special Pizza Buffet at Los Amigos!

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Los Amigos Jeab

Special Pizza Buffet at Los Amigos!

Post by Los Amigos Jeab » September 14, 2017, 3:08 pm

\:D/ Special at Los Amigos Restaurant!
Pizza Buffet Friday night
150 baht per person starts at 5 pm. =D>

พิเศษ! ทุกคืนวันศุกร์ บุฟเฟต์ พิซซ่า เพียงท่านละ 150 บาท เท่านั้น
เริ่ม 5 โมงเย็น เป็นต้นไป แล้วพบกันที่ลอส อมิโก้ หมู่บ้านร่มเย็น ซอย 3
Attachments
S_6766516128624.jpg
Mexican Pizza
S_6693819265117.jpg
S_6693819228481.jpg
S_6693819190847.jpg
Last edited by Los Amigos Jeab on September 29, 2017, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Re: Special Pizza Buffet at Los Amigos!

Post by rickfarang » September 15, 2017, 12:45 am

Anything vegetarian?

Los Amigos Jeab

Post by Los Amigos Jeab » October 27, 2017, 7:08 am

Hello,
Yes, we can do veggatarian pizzas for you and can choose mushroom, pineapple, peppers, tomato, onion, cheese.
We look forward to see you
Jeab

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 27, 2017, 7:56 am

Looks like a great deal, is this on every Friday?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » October 27, 2017, 8:15 am

What type of pizza is the one in the last pic?
Looks interesting.
Voiceover for hire.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 23, 2018, 3:45 pm

Went to Los Amigos last week for the first and what will be last time

Quality of the meal was crap. Stale or poorly defrosted Hamburger buns, certainly not fresh. Could go on, but not worth the effort.

Owner needs to sort out his kitchen staff
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » June 25, 2018, 10:30 pm

Having spent half my life in West Texas I KNOW TexMex like the back of my hand. No, it's not the same thing. I'm tempted to open my own joint but I think I'll stick to making it at home. I didn't expect it to be the same to be honest. I can only hope that the pizza offering is better.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 26, 2018, 11:30 am

DoctorFix wrote:
June 25, 2018, 10:30 pm
Having spent half my life in West Texas I KNOW TexMex like the back of my hand. No, it's not the same thing. I'm tempted to open my own joint but I think I'll stick to making it at home. I didn't expect it to be the same to be honest. I can only hope that the pizza offering is better.
The issue was with the preparation of the food, not so much the Tex Mex food taste itself.

It doesn't take too many brains or skills to prepare a Hamburger or Bacon & Egg Burger in this case. The same could be said for the Thai curry, almost completely void of any liquid curry base, more like just a thin coating on the actual chicken and lacking flavor.

Anyway, I have had my say
Last edited by pipoz4444 on June 26, 2018, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 26, 2018, 11:41 am

DoctorFix wrote:
June 25, 2018, 10:30 pm

Greed Pizza is a great pizza place, but now it's up for sale. Maybe you can take this place over Doctorfix and keep it in business.

still open but for sale (250,000 THB).
https://www.facebook.com/GreedPizzaUdonthani/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » June 27, 2018, 10:22 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 26, 2018, 11:30 am
The issue was with the preparation of the food, not so much the Tex Mex food taste itself.
Understood. But, there again, taste and prep are a bit synonymous wouldn't you say?

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » June 27, 2018, 10:32 am

Greed Pizza is a great pizza place, but now it's up for sale. Maybe you can take this place over Doctorfix and keep it in business.
I'll have to check it out. Pizza joints are by and large a dime a dozen... There are those that'll knock your socks off and those that you'll wish you could bleach the taste out of your mouth. I worked for Pizza Hut as a teen back in the 70's. The experience was so bad that even the smell of the sauce kept me away for many years. I think I boycotted the chain for over a decade. Just something "off" about it. They changed up the recipe somewhere along the line but the psychic damage had been done. While back in the states I recently visited some other smaller pizza chains that had sprung up and was really impressed. Surprisingly good. So much better than that Dominos "cardboard" that's flogged about ((shudder...shudder)).
Last edited by DoctorFix on June 27, 2018, 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » June 27, 2018, 10:42 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 27, 2018, 10:29 am
It’s so funny, when I left negative feedback for another “Mexican” restaurant it all got deleted by UdonMap, is this allowed because Los Amigos isn’t a sponsor?
It's all too easy to post negative, or positive, feedback. It can either be seen as propaganda or a "hit" by a competitor. It happens all the time on Amazon, for example. In your case I can't say.

I've been tempted to open my own Tex-Mex joint here in Udon simply because I KNOW full damn well how it's supposed to taste and how it's supposed to be prepared. I also have enough "compadre's" back in Texas and New Mexico that've coached me. The real deal.

But, there again, it all boils down to whether or not I want to be stuck in the kitchen making the goods or would I rather be eating them? Mmmmmmm..... decisions decisions...

My hat is off to whomever can do it and be happy while doing so.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 27, 2018, 10:48 am

Bear in mind Doc that to provide a decent menu, you have to charge decent prices, that’s why most of the places here go pop, people either won’t or can’t afford to pay the money. Me a propagandist? Yep, most definitely, but not when it comes to restaurants and I’d NEVER be a competitor, owning a bar or restaurant in Udon is more of a hobby than a business, there’s very few here angled towards Farang that make much money, despite what they might say.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » June 29, 2018, 11:12 am

And that's really the clincher... I'm not in it for a hobby. My time is worth more than that so it comes down to priorities. I've done the math and unless someone has DEEP pockets and willing to ride it out for a LONG time then there is little point in putting in the time and effort. That's why you see the big brands popping up who've been around for decades and have multi-millions to throw at what they want. It isn't that their goods are really that much better, often times not at all, but that they can project an "image", an illusion that they are. Is Starbucks REALLY that much better? Hell no! In fact I've visited so many other shops in the states, and even here on occasion, that would wax the floor with their garbage.... But, but... they have that mystique that sells.... not their burnt overpriced beans. Some people would say they're paying for the "experience" but I'd say they're just paying for the shafting and have convinced themselves that they like it.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 29, 2018, 11:55 am

DoctorFix wrote:
June 29, 2018, 11:12 am
Some people would say they're paying for the "experience" but I'd say they're just paying for the shafting and have convinced themselves that they like it.
eloquent and spot on :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 30, 2018, 10:07 am

I had not been to LA for about 18 months but went last night for the Pizza Buffet no complaints at all very good service, plenty to eat and the Pizza's were all spot on would recommend and go again.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 30, 2018, 10:35 am

Thanks for the update Macca, I shall pop along there and give it a go soon too.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » June 30, 2018, 2:09 pm

is it just me that finds the slagging off of los amigos and the closing of roadhhouse coincidental

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 30, 2018, 2:11 pm

Maybe another new texmex coming do on!

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » August 27, 2018, 8:25 pm

Pizza.jpg
Just went to Los Amigos yesterday.How anyone can say food no good is beyond me!
I had a Cheeseburger and was best I ever had .With massive amount of Chips (french fries)
The Missus had a Pizza. So filling took half home! Absolutely delicious!

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”