Tops Restaurant

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
parrot
udonmap.com

Tops Restaurant

Post by parrot » September 23, 2019, 2:07 pm

In the place of the old bakery in Tops is a new restaurant. There's an extensive menu, prices are reasonable, and the chefs wear fancy hats so you can impress whoever it is you're taking out for lunch. I haven't tried it.....yet....but passing by today, I saw several customers eating plates of food that looked much better than what I see in the Central food court.
Udon.....getting better all the time.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Tops Restaurant

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 23, 2019, 4:51 pm

I have eaten at the Tops grocery store at Central in Khon Kaen. It is okay and not much more expensive than what you can buy on the street by the Roma Hotel.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 23, 2019, 5:03 pm

There has long been a Tops restaurant in Udon, nothing fancy. Ready to eat or to order. Prices about the same as the big food court in Central. But this new restaurant looks to be just a bit upscale from the other Tops restaurant. Prices a bit higher as well.
I'll give it a try later this week if I can pass up my noodle slup near the mosque.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » September 23, 2019, 8:15 pm

all I can say is if there impressed by that there easily pleased

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 24, 2019, 2:36 pm

I tried out the new Tops Restaurant (in the area of the old bakery). The food was excellent, prices very reasonable, but service by the cashier and waitresses was slow. I'm sure they'll work out the knots....but in the meantime, it might be a good idea to ask for your check when your food arrives. I had a plate of chicken wings and pepper beef with rice....bottle of water....all together 150 Baht. I was there at high noon........all the tables were full.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » September 28, 2019, 12:03 pm

What a complete mess the new store layout is, nothing in any order just a complete miss mash, spend more in villa now.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2019, 12:13 pm

minimiglia wrote:
September 28, 2019, 12:03 pm
What a complete mess the new store layout is, nothing in any order just a complete miss mash, spend more in villa now.
Oh I don't know if it's so bad. I recall many, many members complaining about being unable to find stuff during Tesco-Lotus's famous remake-remodel with more than a few saying they they wouldn't be going back. AFAIK, one has always spent more in Villa anyway as there's always been and probably always will be a markup on even the most common of imported food lines.

Having said all that, I was damned if I could find the pickles at Tops before last weekends backyard BBQ burger fest at casa tam. It's a work in progress I reckon. I think they have enough time to get the aisles in some sort of sensible order though, especially now that some of us won't be blowing our millions there.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 28, 2019, 1:06 pm

Very quickly as usual for a topic to head off in another direction.
Unless the new eatery of the topic heading is in the Tops miss mash of aisles?

2 meals and a water for 150 bht is OK.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 28, 2019, 1:53 pm

The restaurant is new, the cooks look to be experienced, but the wait staff are still learning the ropes. Give it time. As I see it, it's a good addition to the eating opportunities on the ground floor. If you want higher end food/service, you can always go up to the ?4th? floor.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”