The Country Grill

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17496
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: The Country Grill

Post by tamada » March 12, 2021, 6:42 pm

Love - 40



dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1819
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: The Country Grill

Post by dunroaming » March 12, 2021, 6:58 pm

joepai wrote:
March 12, 2021, 3:51 pm
But stay clear of the curries - yuk
Why?

I Haven't eaten her curries here but did at the bookhouse for years never any problem with taste or size of portion. In your opinion what was wrong

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17496
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: The Country Grill

Post by tamada » March 12, 2021, 7:31 pm

Game and first set to Country Grill.

New balls please...

rct
udonmap.com
Posts: 1149
Joined: September 24, 2007, 8:29 am

Re: The Country Grill

Post by rct » March 13, 2021, 8:16 am

After the side kerkuffle regarding how to best give feedback, let's get back to eating at Le Country Grill !

I have the utmost respect for Nok and the way she works her behind off, and the value given. She merits more business.

The tasty daily specials are posted on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/udoncountrygrill

User avatar
Galee
udonmap.com
Posts: 3420
Joined: July 12, 2005, 5:16 pm
Location: Was Eastbourne, East Sussex. Now Udon.

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Galee » March 13, 2021, 12:06 pm

joepai wrote:
March 12, 2021, 3:51 pm
But stay clear of the curries - yuk
I agree. Curry very disappointing.
My curry dish contained approximately 5 small pieces of chicken in what I would describe as a curry soup, not a curry sauce. The samosa and the Nan bread were very greasy.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17496
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: The Country Grill

Post by tamada » March 13, 2021, 3:37 pm

Galee wrote:
March 13, 2021, 12:06 pm
joepai wrote:
March 12, 2021, 3:51 pm
But stay clear of the curries - yuk
I agree. Curry very disappointing.
My curry dish contained approximately 5 small pieces of chicken in what I would describe as a curry soup, not a curry sauce. The samosa and the Nan bread were very greasy.
30 - love (first game, second set)

User avatar
samuel
udonmap.com
Posts: 893
Joined: July 31, 2014, 11:00 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: The Country Grill

Post by samuel » March 13, 2021, 4:02 pm

For me it is of no value if someone writes a review about food that tastes good or bad.
I'm only interested in the information about which restaurant serves what food.
I decide for myself whether the food tastes good.
And even if the food tastes good today, it doesn't have to be the same the next time.

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 806
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: The Country Grill

Post by joepai » March 13, 2021, 4:47 pm

dunroaming wrote:
March 12, 2021, 6:58 pm
joepai wrote:
March 12, 2021, 3:51 pm
But stay clear of the curries - yuk
Why?

I Haven't eaten her curries here but did at the bookhouse for years never any problem with taste or size of portion. In your opinion what was wrong
Bought 3 different flavours in order to know what to buy in the future. However each one was virtually inedible and after a mouthful had to throw away.
This is most unlike me and the wife was most surprised !
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1819
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: The Country Grill

Post by dunroaming » March 13, 2021, 5:04 pm

That's disappointing did you complain at the time?

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 7781
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Khun Paul » March 14, 2021, 6:51 am

We forget that food served and its taste etc, are subjective, one mans meat etc. Any place that offers menu containing variety based mainly on Western tastes is to be commended , not easy I think . I am no cook but I eat out for meals it would be uneconomic to make of myself . If I go to a restaurant and the meal is not and I expected then a constructive comment is made and the matter dealt with NOT aired on a Public forum. Bad form .

rct
udonmap.com
Posts: 1149
Joined: September 24, 2007, 8:29 am

Re: The Country Grill

Post by rct » March 14, 2021, 8:26 am

Curries are one part of the food menu but seems to dominate this discussion. Fair enough, but what else is there?

My family and I have enjoyed 30+ dishes at Country Grill (average 2-4 people per visit) over the last couple months. One dish of those 30 was the Saturday curry, it was fine, quite tasty. The rest of our dishes usually western fare, and not once has anyone complained, quite the opposite we clean our plates. One minor suggestion is the french fries could sometimes better.

Sunday Roast, great. Incredible to get soup and apple pie with custard included, at 170 baht (chicken), pork a bit more, or 250 baht (lamb or beef)

Greek day Thursdays, my son tried the lamb donar kebab for 99 baht, he is a convert! I enjoyed the chicken platter.

Monday Chinese day....have yet to try
Tuesday Taste of Italy a pizza or pasta for 99 baht. Nice!
Wednesday Mexican specials. Tasty.
Friday: Pie with mash and veg, or fish and chips 99 baht, suitable for the price.
Saturday curry day.
Mac and Cheese burger.....four thumbs up from my daughter and I.
Id like to try other menu items, though am usually tempted by the specials each day.

https://www.facebook.com/udoncountrygrill to see pics and specials updates.

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 806
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: The Country Grill

Post by joepai » March 14, 2021, 2:43 pm

dunroaming wrote:
March 13, 2021, 5:04 pm
That's disappointing did you complain at the time?
I (or should I say the wife) bought them as take aways - I tend to buy several on pop in the freezer
Had I sat down to eat them there I would most certainly have complained
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
Galee
udonmap.com
Posts: 3420
Joined: July 12, 2005, 5:16 pm
Location: Was Eastbourne, East Sussex. Now Udon.

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Galee » March 14, 2021, 3:21 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 14, 2021, 6:51 am
We forget that food served and its taste etc, are subjective, one mans meat etc. Any place that offers menu containing variety based mainly on Western tastes is to be commended , not easy I think . I am no cook but I eat out for meals it would be uneconomic to make of myself . If I go to a restaurant and the meal is not and I expected then a constructive comment is made and the matter dealt with NOT aired on a Public forum. Bad form .
So your no cook but feel qualified to make a constructive comment. How does that work. :? :?
Letting people know you have had a disappointing meal is a constructive comment. Restaurants should not be immune to honest reviews.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17496
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: The Country Grill

Post by tamada » March 14, 2021, 4:27 pm

Galee wrote:
March 14, 2021, 3:21 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
March 14, 2021, 6:51 am
We forget that food served and its taste etc, are subjective, one mans meat etc. Any place that offers menu containing variety based mainly on Western tastes is to be commended , not easy I think . I am no cook but I eat out for meals it would be uneconomic to make of myself . If I go to a restaurant and the meal is not and I expected then a constructive comment is made and the matter dealt with NOT aired on a Public forum. Bad form .
So your no cook but feel qualified to make a constructive comment. How does that work. :? :?
Letting people know you have had a disappointing meal is a constructive comment. Restaurants should not be immune to honest reviews.
You don't have to be a cook to pass constructive comments on the food served up and eaten at a restaurant. All you need are taste buds and a bit of civility, no?

User avatar
Galee
udonmap.com
Posts: 3420
Joined: July 12, 2005, 5:16 pm
Location: Was Eastbourne, East Sussex. Now Udon.

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Galee » March 14, 2021, 4:47 pm

tamada wrote:
March 14, 2021, 4:27 pm
Galee wrote:
March 14, 2021, 3:21 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
March 14, 2021, 6:51 am
We forget that food served and its taste etc, are subjective, one mans meat etc. Any place that offers menu containing variety based mainly on Western tastes is to be commended , not easy I think . I am no cook but I eat out for meals it would be uneconomic to make of myself . If I go to a restaurant and the meal is not and I expected then a constructive comment is made and the matter dealt with NOT aired on a Public forum. Bad form .
So your no cook but feel qualified to make a constructive comment. How does that work. :? :?
Letting people know you have had a disappointing meal is a constructive comment. Restaurants should not be immune to honest reviews.
You don't have to be a cook to pass constructive comments on the food served up and eaten at a restaurant. All you need are taste buds and a bit of civility, no?
You can pass a comment. Whether the person receiving the comment construes it as constructive is up to them. No?

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17496
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: The Country Grill

Post by tamada » March 14, 2021, 6:07 pm

^ So if you say cooking ability doesn't matter with regard to offering constructive criticism, why did you find KP's comment on offering such criticism questionable?

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 7781
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Khun Paul » March 15, 2021, 6:53 am

Bottom line is that these days, it seems it is the norm to complain in Public about matters that in general is best to do either at the time in person . Doing so in a public forum angers some, shows the complainer to be a petulant person plus hiding behind a nom-de-plume is a way of reflecting any criticism of your complaint away from you .
If you have a problem with anything say it as it is in person then or there or at least have the MANNERS to return and talk over the matter.
Problem is these days too many think it is clever to complain via a computer, rather than in person, true in person you may not like the response but you then have the choice, acepet the reply or go elsewhere, both sides will be happy with either event.

User avatar
Galee
udonmap.com
Posts: 3420
Joined: July 12, 2005, 5:16 pm
Location: Was Eastbourne, East Sussex. Now Udon.

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Galee » March 15, 2021, 1:43 pm

tamada wrote:
March 14, 2021, 6:07 pm
^ So if you say cooking ability doesn't matter with regard to offering constructive criticism, why did you find KP's comment on offering such criticism questionable?
Your confused. I didn't say that.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17496
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: The Country Grill

Post by tamada » March 15, 2021, 1:52 pm

True, you asked,
So your no cook but feel qualified to make a constructive comment. How does that work.
You got me on non-cooks being unqualified to comment, that's all.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 7139
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Doodoo » March 17, 2021, 1:03 pm

Dropped in for lunch today
Great food (Mexican) Great Prices and Great Service.
Others hopefully agreed as it was 75% full with take awyas happening also

Thank you, will be back

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”