The Country Grill

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: The Country Grill

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2022, 7:04 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 19, 2022, 5:06 pm
So those that commented on this before as being upset with the establishment it is time to move on and find something else to bitch about.
Reviews of an establishment is not bitching, it is a review nothing more, nothing less. We do not need your permission to do so.

So stop ya bitching.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » February 20, 2022, 4:35 am

It is quite sad that people on this forum can hide behind a pseudonym to rail against a business. Have you given the proprietor the opportunity to address your concerns. After reading the very many authenticated positive reviews on Facebook for the Country Grill, l look forward to the opportunity to dine there.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 20, 2022, 7:09 am

trekkertony wrote:
February 20, 2022, 4:35 am
It is quite sad that people on this forum can hide behind a pseudonym to rail against a business. Have you given the proprietor the opportunity to address your concerns. After reading the very many authenticated positive reviews on Facebook for the Country Grill, l look forward to the opportunity to dine there.
That was done in person to Nok herself on a few occasions there were p;roblems which were addressed then. So unlike many I do complain in person. okay .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 20, 2022, 8:31 am

Seems to me that somebody under a pseudonym railed against individuals who were against Trump suggesting their pensions should be forfeited. Are pseudonyms only to be used for topics approved by your good self?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 20, 2022, 8:18 pm

Does anybody know? If a business has a Facebook page, can they delete posts so only positive posts appear?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 20, 2022, 8:42 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 20, 2022, 8:18 pm
Does anybody know? If a business has a Facebook page, can they delete posts so only positive posts appear?
Maybe being aware of the weird defamation laws in Thailand, most disgruntled customers just stay quiet?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 20, 2022, 8:52 pm

Just checked. The Facebook owner can delete any comments on their account. they could of course go down the defamation path as well.

Not bad eh, your Facebook recommendations can be glowing, any negative posts can be removed. I think if I was checking out a restaurant I would be better served looking at 100% independent reviews, not a site monitored by the business itself; unless of course I was incredibly naïve.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 21, 2022, 11:24 am

Whistler wrote:
February 20, 2022, 8:52 pm
Just checked. The Facebook owner can delete any comments on their account. they could of course go down the defamation path as well.

Not bad eh, your Facebook recommendations can be glowing, any negative posts can be removed. I think if I was checking out a restaurant I would be better served looking at 100% independent reviews, not a site monitored by the business itself; unless of course I was incredibly naïve.
I agree. Forget FB and TripAdvisor and listen to the 100% impartial and independent reviews from our esteemed, experienced and unbiased membership.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 21, 2022, 11:44 am

tamada wrote:
Whistler wrote:

I agree. Forget FB and TripAdvisor and listen to the 100% impartial and independent reviews from our esteemed, experienced and unbiased membership.
Correct mr tam
Anonymity for the shy types is preserved on UM.
With FB comments your profile is there for all to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 21, 2022, 1:36 pm

Barney wrote:
February 21, 2022, 11:44 am
tamada wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Correct mr tam
Anonymity for the shy types is preserved on UM.
With FB comments your profile is there for all to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Facebook has a lot of anonymity as well
All that is needed is an email address

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 21, 2022, 9:10 pm

I would suggest the point of having a thread here is to share experiences. Peeps with a good experience can post, and if not so great, do so as well as well it, is a legitimate review. I note that Trekkertony disagrees but after dropping a controversial post, goes to water under his pseudonym

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » February 22, 2022, 12:25 am

Whistler,
you need to get the smoke out of your eyes. Are you sure you aren't a pyromaniac rather than the self vaunted firefighter extroadinaire. you light fires of discontent by posting negativity then wait for the fire to take hold, hoping to pour more of your inflammable garbage onto the flame. i think l will pass on any further comment by taking the advice of my father, "If you see a turd on the footpath, walk around it."

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 22, 2022, 9:23 am

trekkertony wrote:
February 22, 2022, 12:25 am
Whistler,
you need to get the smoke out of your eyes. Are you sure you aren't a pyromaniac rather than the self vaunted firefighter extroadinaire. you light fires of discontent by posting negativity then wait for the fire to take hold, hoping to pour more of your inflammable garbage onto the flame. i think l will pass on any further comment by taking the advice of my father, "If you see a turd on the footpath, walk around it."
I didn't start the thread, like others on here we were universal in our comments about the variability of food at the establishment. You are the only one offering a contrary opinion, and notably the only one never having had a single meal at TCG.

Your post is quite a dummy spit. Of course, posted in the wee hours after being well lubricated when one's judgement is impaired. I seem to recall a similar episode, when pissed. You hurled an insult at another ex-pat, it took you a while to get over the well deserved beating he dished out.

A word of advice. You can be quite robust in stating your point of view, but calling others c**nts and turds is beyond the pale.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » October 9, 2022, 12:33 pm

Having eaten there three times..the food is good...service is good...will go again!!
If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 9, 2022, 12:41 pm

Dishes to be commended there.

The ploughman's lunch
The all you can eat BBQ for big eaters
The Labanese platter

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 13, 2022, 7:53 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 2, 2021, 5:14 pm
Fascinating.

Seems there were problems when she was a cook at the xxxxx xxxxx years ago, but anybody complained then, the forum members ripped into the one who complained.

Funny how that it was actually Alasdair
I know lots has been removed cause not nice
but "trip a" still has some
even funnier is that it was suppose to have happened on new years day
but the first grizzle was posted the day before
or went for seconds the following day as the whole thing needed repeating
so someone that tells porkies and then forgets gets caught

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 13, 2022, 8:30 pm

You are one very confused individual.

What porkies were told?

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”