Great Breakfast

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by DuiDui49 » July 16, 2021, 1:10 pm

Jello,is these meals done by you or at a Restaurant/Eatery her in Udon?

Are you on a change mealplan,ie up or down in weight..or are you eating this healthy food by "default",just curious.
I think ALOT of people should think more what they feed their bodys with.When i go to Big-C i can honestly say that i'm sad to see Farangs are so out of shape it's sad..But i guess that it's easyer to just let it be like before,instead of making any changes,food wise/execise wise.Easyer to just get another statin jar of meds,or bloodpressure meds..Come on guys,we can start a a Udonmap group to support eachother,what you think..??Rememer 2% changes is better then zero when it comes to changes in your life,whatever they are..baby stepping.,;-)

Stay healthy guys and have an awsome day..//Alfie..:-)

Give yourself time to REALLY look and listen to this video,if you care about your life..

https://youtu.be/yaf1swrS1_c

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 16, 2021, 1:37 pm

We forget in our eternal efforts to make others eat properly ( according to ur own likes and dislikes ) that so often some people overweight are that way because of an underlying illness plus also the meds they may well be on .

M<any peop[le eaty waht they like and subsequently like what they eat, often comfort food and often it may be bad for them, they know that , fully aware of their situation , but unwilling and not wishing to rock their particular boat .

Encouragement is a good idea shows we care but many of us me included have no intention of trying some of the way out foods . Eat and drink whatever you like but not to excess, cut down on fats and salts here and exercise . Simp[le

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 16, 2021, 2:02 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 16, 2021, 1:37 pm
We forget in our eternal efforts to make others eat properly ( according to ur own likes and dislikes ) that so often some people overweight are that way because of an underlying illness plus also the meds they may well be on .

M<any peop[le eaty waht they like and subsequently like what they eat, often comfort food and often it may be bad for them, they know that , fully aware of their situation , but unwilling and not wishing to rock their particular boat .

Encouragement is a good idea shows we care but many of us me included have no intention of trying some of the way out foods . Eat and drink whatever you like but not to excess, cut down on fats and salts here and exercise . Simp[le
Khun Paul..what the heck is ..way out foods..take a look at this:
https://youtu.be/Rzb5r8FXpRU

To change bad habits to better ones IS the way to go,me think.But if you still are one of us that are getting old and KNOW that you're eating/drinking to much of the not-so-good-food/drinks,take the bull by the horns,change is not done over a short period of time..baby stepps is the way to go.But Paul,this board have many Farangs that desperatetly need some changes in their lifes,and quality of their lifes.Sure up to them,but i can tell by just looking at Farangs i meet on a daily basis.

And -YES,i know i can be a pain in da butt posting like i do,BUT i only want people,fellow Farangs to be happy,by that i mean HAPPY in that sence not overeating prossessed food and drink to much,everything in modertion is my motto Paul.Maybe my posting has some to do with my near death accident,i got a second chanse to live a bit longer,and that's what i want my Forum members to do to..live a bit healthyer and hopefully with more life quality,that's my goal.

Please give some input on the above Vid Khun Paul,and then tell me if you maybe learnt something,if that's the case i'm happy.

//Alfie..stay healty..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 16, 2021, 3:11 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 16, 2021, 1:10 pm

Are you on a change mealplan,ie up or down in weight..or are you eating this healthy food by "default",just curious.

Hi DUI, and thanks for asking. The meals are prepared by me. I’m eating plant based at the recommendation of my doctor in lieu of taking statins. I’ve been eating this way for over a year.

Good video you linked. Explains the exact reasons why I eat this way.

Cheers 8)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 16, 2021, 3:15 pm

Lunch:
Tofu-Bulgogi on rice with kimchi.
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 16, 2021, 3:43 pm

Jello wrote:
July 16, 2021, 3:11 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
July 16, 2021, 1:10 pm

Hi DUI, and thanks for asking. The meals are prepared by me. I’m eating plant based at the recommendation of my doctor in lieu of taking statins. I’ve been eating this way for over a year.

Good video you linked. Explains the exact reasons why I eat this way.

Cheers 8)
You're most welcome Jello.Have to say that i'm so happy for you and the way you're treating high colesterol and i guess maybe high BP too,way to go Jello. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Maybe you can share how this change has change you health..curious as i am ;-)

Keep your post/pics coming...Stay happy and healthy...//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 16, 2021, 8:53 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 16, 2021, 3:43 pm
Maybe you can share how this change has change you health..

I don’t know if it would work for everyone, but it worked for me. Cholesterol levels dropped to a normal range after 3 months. BP dropped slightly from a high normal range to normal. Weight loss has been minimal but I’m eating a lot of high carb foods like breads rice and pasta.

I do cheat and eat fish, chicken, cheese and eggs occasionally. And I still enjoy a little cake or ice cream now and then.
I think if I was eating plant based exclusively and limited the high carb foods I would see more weight loss, but I’m comfortable with where I’m at now (overweight, but not obese at 27.5 BMI).
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 17, 2021, 9:11 am

Oatmeal again. With a cooked apple and cinnamon. Banana blueberry smoothie on the side.
UFF DA!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 17, 2021, 10:42 am

Brekkie was C2MU smoked salmon trimmings on toast again .. with a poached egg on top n black pepper .. 2 Wee brand 23 in 1 coffees...LUSH

Planned Mid afternoon Lunch of baked rice with cereal and the last of the salmon plus the added bonus of diced avcocado .. as Dao scrumped four from some where ..

sorry no pics all my plates are cracked n chipped and im not one for beautiful food as it gets all mixed up when it goes down the hatch.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2021, 10:50 am

Jello wrote:
July 17, 2021, 9:11 am
Oatmeal again. With a cooked apple and cinnamon. Banana blueberry smoothie on the side.
God morning my friend !

I have to say if only more people would change their foodintake like you did...ALOT of people would feel so much healthyer..but bad habits IS hard to break,i know.

I had my usuall One slice of WholewheatPeanut butter/half a sliced banana sandwich and a cup of freshly brewed coffee this morning..40 min bicycle ride + 30 min of rubberband exercises...Now 4 porch eggs i WASA crispbread sandwich with Mills Caviar..12.00 i have my Steelcutoats mixed fresh fruit and nuts..life is tasty/healthy and good.

Live healthy and happy Jello,you're body will thank you big time ;-)...//Alfie..:-)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 17, 2021, 11:18 am

Khun Paul wrote:

M<any peop[le eaty waht they like
Let’s face it, if you only managed to lose a few grams of fat from your chubby fingers, everyone would benefit from you being able to press just one letter at a time on your keyboard.
Win, win I say 👍
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 17, 2021, 11:21 am

Just cantaloupe & passion fruit juice for me this morning.

I’m really going to have to try a bit harder at breakfast as it’s now mid morning & I’m hunting for snacks & nibbles which by definition aren’t very good or nutritious

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 17, 2021, 11:28 am

Niggly wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:18 am
Khun Paul wrote:

Let’s face it, if you only managed to lose a few grams of fat from your chubby fingers, everyone would benefit from you being able to press just one letter at a time on your keyboard.
Win, win I say 👍
From KPs old days drops back in to the cozzers secret code now n then ... :lol:

Back on topic .. just had some SomCheng .. turned up with the scrumped avocado .. absolutely delicious a hybrid cross between an orange , somo and grapefruit ..a mini pomelo maybe ... skin same as a somo inside like a grapefruit about the same size as a tennis ball .... seriously good

We are blessed with fruit here .. and i see nawg and lamyai are back in season two of my favs ... when those in between hunger pangs pounce its easy to grab a firm pear or a ripe banana

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 17, 2021, 11:48 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:28 am
Back on topic .. just had some SomCheng ..
DM
Typo?
Surely you meant “just had some Chang”

(I was going to edit the text & say I’d fixed it for you but that approach seemed to upset others before 🙄)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 17, 2021, 2:08 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:18 am
Khun Paul wrote:

Win, win I say 👍
Another riposte from that self confessed overweight chubby man whose aim is to upset as many as possible with his witty ( not ) remarks . How I miss those comments , makes my day just to read a stupid ignorant post again. Thanks Niggly ........W.......r !

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 17, 2021, 2:10 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:48 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:28 am
Back on topic .. just had some SomCheng ..
DM
Typo?
Surely you meant “just had some Chang”

(I was going to edit the text & say I’d fixed it for you but that approach seemed to upset others before 🙄)
Again like you accuse others, poking your nose in when it is not required. What are you a Moderator , amending posts, whatever next. Delusions of grandeur.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2021, 2:50 pm

Another thread DERAILING..me being happy to found Jello and how he tackles his health by changing how and what he eat INTEAD of Medicin(s).

You just can't help your self,you just have to post some negatives.Why not try to post some informative posts/positive post for a change.Or maybe even better start your own BS thread..shut the comp down and get your lazy ass moving by doing some execise intead then you would probably get so tired so you would have time to post.

DM and Jello gets my vote when it comes to try and change their "bad"habits..Yeah,i know DM can be a pain in the butt..Khun Paul..too..me too..but i try my best to count to 10 BEFORE i post some nonsens.

I don.t mind some jokes,but trashing threads for no reason OTHER then you couldn't help yourself.

And please,i'm Mr.Perfect i know already *sarcasm*

Come on guys,try to be HAPPY,SMILE..and don't forget..being healthy..//Alfie..with love ;-)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 17, 2021, 3:32 pm

Anyone got some good (easy for me) avocado breakfast ideas. I’ve got an abundance that all seem to be ripening at the same speed so will want eating.
I’ve tried mashed on whole grain toast, sliced with poached eggs, & baked with egg & cheese.
Not really sure what else to do with them, I could Google but here is better.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 17, 2021, 4:10 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 17, 2021, 3:32 pm
Anyone got some good (easy for me) avocado breakfast ideas. I’ve got an abundance that all seem to be ripening at the same speed so will want eating.
I’ve tried mashed on whole grain toast, sliced with poached eggs, & baked with egg & cheese.
Not really sure what else to do with them, I could Google but here is better.
Do you like guacamole?
Smash them up with chopped onions, tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Or you could just mix with a store bought salsa.

Can use as a dip for chips or topping on tacos or burritos or even a spread on a sandwich or burger, or in a cheese omelette.

What you don’t eat will keep in the refrigerator (in a sealed container) for a few days.
UFF DA!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 17, 2021, 4:19 pm

I once tried to make guacamole years ago but it didn’t turn out very well. I’m not very good with lots of ingredients particularly if added to taste, I always get it wrong & can’t recover the dish.
I might try again, it needs a good thinking about though.

I think I’ll go with the cheese omelette suggestion for breakfast tomorrow, cheers 👍
It’s obviously the same ingredients as my baked avocado with egg & cheese so I know they go well together with the added bonus I only have to use 3 items 😂

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”