Cannabis Cafe - facing Nongprajak Park

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
rct
udonmap.com

Cannabis Cafe - facing Nongprajak Park

Post by rct » May 24, 2021, 5:55 am

Yes, you read that. Near Wattana Hospital.

Personally am not interested in consuming. Just curious to see how all this develops in a business sense.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Cannabis Cafe - facing Nongprajak Park

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2021, 10:10 am

rct wrote:
May 24, 2021, 5:55 am
Yes, you read that. Near Wattana Hospital.

Personally am not interested in consuming. Just curious to see how all this develops in a business sense.
Cannabis is openly advertised on the menus of numerous places in Udon nowadays .. mainly in the form of smoothie drinks and cakes.

Not for me either Tom.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » May 24, 2021, 12:32 pm

If cannabis is 'openly advertised on the menus of numerous places in Udon nowadays', could someone please let a man from out of town know exactly where they are?

This is only in the nature of research, of course. But as a great man once said, "Everybody must get stoned!"

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2021, 1:59 pm

I just asked Dao if a special license is needed to sell these happy smoothies n cakes etc but she doesnt know .. only that there are a few places in town purveying such items.. henceforth i dont want to start and name any of these we know of and get them in bother ..one is quite a well known place in central Udon frequented by expats.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 24, 2021, 6:18 pm

I think its had the THC extracted when used as an ingredient in foodstuffs so its just a gimmick
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2021, 8:17 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 24, 2021, 6:18 pm
I think its had the THC extracted when used as an ingredient in foodstuffs so its just a gimmick
I was thinking something like that .. as u say niggly just a sales gimmick .. imo no body gonna get happy off a smoothie or cake
I love a nice scone or scon depending on how you pronounce it .. SCONE in my case ..im.guessing might be spolied if adding ganja .. surely its jam.n clotted cream usnt it ? ..

Dm

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 24, 2021, 8:43 pm

Clotted cream n jam in that order ……

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2021, 8:30 am

I had a naked green tea SCONE recently .. very nice twas too it was tinged green but not with ganja ..

So are you a SCONE ..or .. SCON .... im only a scone as thats what my parents called them so IMO the whole scone or scon issue is hereditary

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 11:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 25, 2021, 8:30 am

So are you a SCONE ..or .. SCON .... im only a scone as thats what my parents called them so IMO the whole scone or scon issue is hereditary

DM
I’m a SCON man but to confuse things even more, a SCON can also be a battered potato & fish slice delight from the chippie which would want lashing of salt & vin instead of clotted cream n jam

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2021, 12:44 pm

Whether is SCONE or SCON we will never be able to confirm as BOTH are equally correct with refernce to pronunciation , a lot depends on where you are from and what your ancestors called this marvelously super delicious item.. that is way better than ganja IMO

WARNING - this link contains a sexy scone image.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/u ... al-2013461

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2021, 12:51 pm

Here's a debate for the Poms to get their teeth into.

Disclaimer - in my experience, most Aussies go for scon, as in "gone".
DnMVYTaXsAAfNsR.jpg
Let the Scone Wars Begin
(Taken from DM's link above).

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 1:10 pm

^ Aah, JackassSpratt butting in. Obviously feeling a bit left out seeing as his new BFF has gone AWOL.

& if you think this comment is keyboard bullying, welcome (insert smug emoji here)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2021, 1:16 pm

Jack your map confirms my theory that a lot depends on where you are brought up and what pronunciation your ancestors used.

PLEASE NOTE .. as predicted the UKs finest counties of Lincolnshire , Yorkshire , Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire are all the bluey grey colour ...whilst North of the border in Jockland no one can understand what they say anyway.

A fresh out ovv thoven warm scone with just a nice butter like Lurpak is marvelous .. why is it no bakeries seem to do scones here ??? i had one at Beyond cafe in Boontavorn but wasnt great ..

Udon SCONE WARS !!! that would be marvelous

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2021, 1:18 pm

Sorry niggles ...... I hadn't realised this was your thread. Do I need your permission in future to post on threads where you are present?

ps I hadn't realised previously how appropriate your avatar is. Just missing the hole at the top. ;)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 1:38 pm

Not my thread Jackass, just pointing out your usual desperation to join in whilst berating others for posting on threads if it isn’t to your liking.

Seeing as you’ve offered, yes, please PM me for permission before making any more submissions here or anywhere else for that matter, jerk. (Insert smug emoji here)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2021, 3:06 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 25, 2021, 1:18 pm
Sorry niggles ...... I hadn't realised this was your thread. Do I need your permission in future to post on threads where you are present?

ps I hadn't realised previously how appropriate your avatar is. Just missing the hole at the top. ;)
Do not worry JS, delusional as usual, this was a post about Cannabis and to be honest as far as I can ascertain yet another consumerable that the locals will take like a duck to water and subsequently more problems regarding motorised transport .
As I used to say if you need drugs you have some serious problems.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 4:19 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 25, 2021, 3:06 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 25, 2021, 1:18 pm

Do not worry JS, delusional as usual, this was a post about Cannabis and to be honest as far as I can ascertain yet another consumerable that the locals will take like a duck to water and subsequently more problems regarding motorised transport .
As I used to say if you need drugs you have some serious problems.
You can’t help yourself can you.
Following me around commenting on posts that don’t concern you. If you’d actually bothered to read the thread you’d know the topic was being discussed.
Nothing tangible to add either other than your usual xenophobic ramblings.

Best get to burying your head in your plant pots again, there’s a good fellow

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2021, 5:51 pm

Oh dear another egotistical outburst, in my former life ( 30 years of Policing ) I dealt with many many drug users, 95% maintained that drugs were the worst thing they ever started using after alcohol did not deal with their problems ( which of course it never does ). Many tried to wean themselves off some succeeded many did not. They all told me that Cannabis was the start and when that failed they moved to higher drugs Cocaine or heroin. So sorry I do know about this subject more than many .obviously not as much as the Yorkshire druggie though.
Hence my comment If you need drugs you have serious problems.

As for not concerning me that is rich, anyone wioth at least two brain cells will recognise that if Cannabis is readily available then it is another Drug that will and could impair peoples abilities and as a Driver or even a pedestrian, apart , from the normal mayhem with drunk drivers , we have now another reason for the mayhem drug impairment. That is not being xenophobic just truthful , that is why the Dutch shut down most of their Cannabis cafes , because of that simple fact.

So before people get all holier than thou about this fact, drunks you can see, often smell and 70% of the time incapable , those under the influence of drugs often show no signs but their abilities are impaired resulting in delayed reactions to stressful situations ( like driving/riding )

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 6:06 pm

It’s had the THC removed so can be used as a gimmick ingredient in cooking for the purpose of this thread you moron.
Clearly stated earlier if you cared to read it.
Khun Paul wrote:
May 25, 2021, 5:51 pm
I do know about this subject more than many .obviously not as much as the Yorkshire druggie though.
Hence my comment If you need drugs you have serious problems.
& just what is this slur supposed to mean. Are you calling me a druggie for having an opinion on a cooking thread?

Just so you are clear, it’s a fugging cooking thread about a place using perfectly legal ingredients, asshat.
Why don’t you crawl back under whichever stone you’ve been under recently?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 6:20 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 25, 2021, 5:51 pm
So before people get all holier than thou about this fact, drunks you can see, often smell and 70% of the time incapable , those under the influence of drugs often show no signs but their abilities are impaired resulting in delayed reactions to stressful situations ( like driving/riding )
Citation for the “fact” or it’s just another of your ill thought out opinions?

PS
it’s still a cooking thread

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”