St Georges Day 2010

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
trubrit
udonmap.com

St Georges Day 2010

Post by trubrit » April 23, 2010, 8:33 am

Wear your red rose with pride, Wave the flag. Yes for all Englishmen it is our National day .Enjoy it . \:D/

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Re: St Georges Day 2010

Post by WBU ALUM » April 23, 2010, 9:36 am

Good day to you, trubrit! =D>

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » April 23, 2010, 7:48 pm

Happy St Georges Day to all you Pomgolians..

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 23, 2010, 9:03 pm

Thank you Wokka & WBU it is always nice to have a little support from others on such a day.
Although TB has left out the gory details of why St. George is not actually celebrated in England much any more i will not be so reticent.
Found guilty by a media trial of killing an endangered species George had to flee civilization and ended his life, miserably, in rural Wales. An expose by a media baron (when such things actually existed) further humiliated him as it alleged that he was actually responsible for the complete extinction of the Dragon species through his wanton actions. This was further fueled by scientific analysis that conclusively proved that the removal of the Dragon from the food chain resulted in a glut of virgins. No longer being consumed by their rightful predator these virgins went on to reproduce at an alarming extent. The resulting over population of England led to the inhabitants leaving its shores by any possible method. we all can see the result of these actions... :D :D

Enjoy the day TB..

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 24, 2010, 7:19 am

Thank you everyone that replied with good wishes. I certainly had a marvellous day but then every day is a joy to me here. Just some more than others .The day was capped by a glorious thunderstorm about 5 pm which brought welcome relief to my garden and cooled things down nicely while I sipped my first whiskey of the day. The only downer was the high wind tore my flag of St George off the gate and the resulting sight was pure farce . In the poring rain I was hurtling down the road, glass in one hand trying to retrieve it, scattering both cows and buffaloes in the process. Glad to say I got it back without spilling a drop, ready to fly again next year Guess your virgins are an endangered species then Bob.If they are reproducing. :lol:
On a more serious note. May I wish all my Australian and New Zealand friends a happy occasion on Anzac day. I know this has become your National Day so get out there and enjoy it, but please give a moment, as I will, for the true significance of the day. Those that gave their lives in both wars so that we, their descendants, may be free .There really are no words that adequately express our gratitude so I won't try. Simply God bless lads .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 24, 2010, 7:52 am

Well the strobg winds did not remoe my flag here in Thailand, it flew during the prescribed time 0600 to 1800.
In England for Sy georges day I used to partake in a Full dinner with another 50-60 odd people, full reaglia and all that eery year, it is the only thing I sadly miss not having. Roast beef with all the trimmings etc. I had looked into it here but the cost and location cost makes it prohibitive.
Good luck to all Englishmen as well as good luck to aqll those other nationalities who will celebrate their national days during the year.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » April 24, 2010, 12:17 pm

Well said TB ! also Shakespeares birthday also MY birthday so no excuses for me to ever forget it ! Had a wonderfull sunny day here in the UK with cards from my family including my 3 grandchildren ,,,,,a wonderfull day !

Return to “Notice Board”