Remembrance Sunday

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Remembrance Sunday

Post by Turdyboy » November 10, 2014, 3:35 pm

GT93 wrote:we also need to learn how to make such catastrophes less likely to occur again.
Dreamy idealism. Every single living organism on this planet has a desire to dominate others. Even symbiotic relationships are only temporary measures installed until such time as one no longer has a use for the other and devours him unreservedly.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Remembrance Sunday

Post by Aardvark » November 10, 2014, 5:11 pm

Turdyboy wrote:
GT93 wrote:we also need to learn how to make such catastrophes less likely to occur again.
Dreamy idealism. Every single living organism on this planet has a desire to dominate others. Even symbiotic relationships are only temporary measures installed until such time as one no longer has a use for the other and devours him unreservedly.
I bet you loved those "Chain Saw Massacre" Movies you Evil Man :lol:

downunder
udonmap.com

REMEMBRANCE DAY

Post by downunder » November 11, 2014, 7:58 am

Its been 100 yeas since the beginning of World One, a time to remember the Brave Aussies and New Zealanders who gave their lives so we could live in peace. The Aussies were volunteers, not sure about the Kiwis.

LEST WE FORGET

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Remembrance Sunday

Post by Khun Paul » November 11, 2014, 10:49 am

Remembrance it is in fact today 11/11/14 it it used to celebrate the ending of one war and is also used to recognise and respect the ultimate our forefathers gave for our continued existence under the present day regimes that exist.
WE encapsulate all wars and conflagrations under one heading Remembrance Sunday. Lest we forget is the most used phrase, and by God we do forget, we had WW11, and since then too numerous to mention minor wars, independence battles of one sort or another, skirmishes and now we are experiencing another round of semi religious wars that even encompasses people from the same country.

Forget, we do not get time to forget until another fight ensues somewhere by some-one on some-one else.
We forget what war does, what it did and how it has affected us all, in one way or another, sure we defend the right to defend ourselves even our own country, but to me it seems that countries are no longer the target it is beliefs, or how a person thinks, this is going down a very dangerous path .

Those of us who have fought and seen our friends die, know the pain the trauma and in some cases the inconsolable grief a death can bring to a family, yet we, the so-called top of the evolutionary tree seem unable to grasp the mettle and do away with killing each other for stupid and downright silly reasons.

Sure we are the most violent of animals on this planet and it stands to reason some people do kill other people for a myriad of reasons, but that does not mean as a species we should systematically kill for reasons which are basically about how a person thinks or what that person believes

Remember YES but learn.

socksy
udonmap.com

Remembrance Sunday

Post by socksy » November 8, 2015, 8:01 am

Today (in the UK anyway) is Remembrance Sunday and I know different people have different viewpoints on to whether they recognise the date in question. Me, I have and shall continue to wear my poppy with pride until the 12th November the day after the official remembrancee day.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them. [-o<
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

GT93
udonmap.com

Remembrance Sunday

Post by GT93 » November 8, 2015, 1:31 pm

Ah thanks. I see Prince Charlie currently in NZ has been wearing a poppy. I haven't seen anything about it in the media here this year. We are forgetting?

WW 1 was terrible for women. Many women were never able to marry and have children in the years after the war as the number of young men around was sharply down.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

socksy
udonmap.com

Remembrance Sunday

Post by socksy » November 9, 2015, 3:46 pm

I see that some retards anually continue to disrespect the occasion as witnessed at the Ross County fixture yesterday. Also on Saturday where the WBA player James McLean refused to wear the specially designed shirt with a poppy on as worn by every EPL player at the weekend. The same **** turned his back on the Union Jack recently whilst representing the ROI. [-X If disrespect is shown for such occasions then ply your trade somewhere else and ----- off where you will receive a substantially reduced salary. As for the northern beadrattlers - likewise move across the water and join your rebel sympathisers. Note, I am not anti RC and was brought up with many friends and played in several football teams together. Best man at my best mate's wedding and him likewise at mine were diffent religions
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “Notice Board”