Night Market Get Together

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Michael C
udonmap.com

Post by Michael C » June 7, 2008, 2:59 pm

I know that it is late for this, but what time is the monthly get together?

In an unrelated question, is there any public venue in Udon Thani for viewing Euro 2008?

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » June 7, 2008, 3:03 pm

M C, if you go about 7pm I am sure most of the regulars will already be there.
Free the Doug 1

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 7, 2008, 3:12 pm

http://www.scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm

try this web site if gives the exchange rate from siam bank

Michael C
udonmap.com

Post by Michael C » June 7, 2008, 3:21 pm

Thank you Roy for the quick reply. aznyron, I was referring to the Euro 2008 (European Football Championship 2008).

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 7, 2008, 3:30 pm

Micheal C wrote:In an unrelated question, is there any public venue in Udon Thani for viewing Euro 2008?
Azy wrote:http://www.scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm

Micheal C wrote:aznyron, I was referring to the Euro 2008 (European Football Championship 2008).
Thanks Azyron that made my day..

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » June 7, 2008, 5:03 pm

beer monkey wrote:
Micheal C wrote:In an unrelated question, is there any public venue in Udon Thani for viewing Euro 2008?
Azy wrote:http://www.scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm

Micheal C wrote:aznyron, I was referring to the Euro 2008 (European Football Championship 2008).
Thanks Azyron that made my day..

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll be laughing all the way to the night market...priceless =D>

Amida
udonmap.com

Post by Amida » June 7, 2008, 5:47 pm

Guys, If you ant to enter the football pool, download the form and bring it along to the meeting or send it to me.

see you all in a few hours!

David

PS. present Avatar and myself are non-related! so dont ask for its phone number, i dont do monkey business. lol

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » June 7, 2008, 6:17 pm

Guess it wasn't mean to be just putting on the shoe heading toward the bike, wind kicks up and cool very suddenly, five mins later raining buckets :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 7, 2008, 6:19 pm

Arrr the Proboscis...or 'Dutch monkey'.... funny looking chap.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 7, 2008, 6:21 pm

Bump wrote:Guess it wasn't mean to be just putting on the shoe heading toward the bike, wind kicks up and cool very suddenly, five mins later raining buckets :lol:
sounds like a good moment for that wind turbine to kick in, and what happen to the other shoe..? :)

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » June 7, 2008, 6:23 pm

Fell in the bucket

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » June 7, 2008, 10:25 pm

Funny thing happened on my way to the Night Market.

It started pouring down rain, and we didn't get moving in that direction until well after 7pm. Decided to forego the labor of finding a tuk-tuk at that point (that's what I get for staying so far out of town) and settled for dinner at Maan Tov Maan Sai Restaurant on Phon Phisai Road. The food was great, but I would have preferred fish, rice and my Tiger Beers.
:cry:

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » June 8, 2008, 7:37 am

Another funny thing happened on the way back from the night market.

After a good night there I repaired to the Koala Bar and enjoyed a few small Leo with Andy, John and John.

I then left and headed for the Aussie Bar and this is where I fell foul of the scourges of Udon.

As you would normally do after being assulted on your motor cycle from behind, I gave the assulter (owner of Molly malones) the finger as I rode past. Big mistake, he was not there.

I left The Aussie pub after one beer to be confronted by a Thai Policeman and the said owners wife asking why I had given them the finger. I explained to the policeman that I was not giving him the finger but the bar but to no avail. The said wife then punched and kicked me while the policeman looked on.

In the melee a staff members bike fell over.

Said wife made a phone call and out of the blue mounted on a cycle came Sam ready to beat me up. He was subdued by 3 Thai policemen.

Off to the police station where a report was given to the boss. During this time Sam had to be quitened by both the police and his wife.

The staff member who owned the cycle was in the police station and I assumed she was there as a witness for me, wrong, she wanted 500 baht for alleged damages to her cycle. No tips for her in future Justin.

Another bar owner arrived in response to a phone call and stated flatly that it could not have been Sam being subdued by 3 Thai policemen in the middle of the road as they were together in the Irish Clock at the time. Good union that one.

I am sure the boss policeman could clearly see all aspects of the event and sent us all off home.

I slept in my car as the said wife had hurled my cycle keys across the road and I had to wait until daylight to climb through a window at home.

As Sam and the other bar owner are sponsors of the magazine I am sure this post will not last long but the truth has to be told.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 8, 2008, 8:05 am

yet another sad story about molly malones, talk about over reacting. surely one day he will wake up to the fact that he is doing his business no good what so ever, you can take the man out of belfast, but you cant take belfast out of the man !!!!!!as for them being sponsors to the site, so what. this behaviour should be brought to everyones attention , i personaly would like to know his mates bar as well , so i can avoid that one too. on a happier note, i enjoyed the meeting , even though small numbers this month, a good time was had. i must say though i did feel rather dissapointed that roy never showed up in his gold hotpants and cropped top. maybe he was having a bad hair day !!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 8:40 am

ok you motley crew here the photo's I hope you enjoy Image

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 8:45 am

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 8:47 am

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 8:49 am

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 8, 2008, 8:52 am

This guy and his wife sound like a couple of head cases :shock: what does the wife do, spend all night watching the street incase someone gives the finger :? It's obvious this pair are confrontational and something needs to be done about it in the interests of all falang who live and visit Udon. I'm sure by now that the Police would be aware of the situation and may be forced in the near future to act. Maybe a one way ticket to Belfast 8) Any contributions???

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 8:52 am

Return to “Notice Board”