Life certificates

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by stattointhailand » October 1, 2014, 1:23 pm

LenArt wrote:Yes, BobHelm
we have to see if a replay is coming? :-)

/LenArt
AND

why they seem to think that a signature and a rubber stamp adjacent to it should cost B300 [-X

Don't hold your breath :-"

Barney
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by Barney » October 1, 2014, 3:02 pm

I'm not old enough to qualify and have the requirement for a life certificate but I am going to go get one anyway so I can show the next bloke who tells me to "go get a life ar...le" that I officially do have one. :D

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by Khun Paul » October 1, 2014, 4:07 pm

Life certificates normally state what if any form of identification the requesting agency wants checked. Normally passport will suffice as that is an easily recognisable document issued by the persons government and those details CAN be checked in your own country by those pension providers.

Any othjer documentation to my mind is an invasion of your privacy and I would decline vehemently. All the life certificate states that the person is alive not where he lives or whether he has a visa or anything lese. having done so many in the UK about one a week for 30 odd years then I can tell you where a person lives is not required, whatever the Thai Police state . Trust me I am a policeman doesn't wash with me .

rick
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by rick » October 1, 2014, 5:55 pm

I think these days they just ask your bank in the UK if your still alive (if your pension is paid into a UK bank). I haven't been asked for a proof of life and i retired in 2007.

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by BossHogg69 » October 1, 2014, 5:59 pm

I retired 6 years ago at 55 and get several every year, very easy a friend signs with his passport number and all good. No big deal.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by stattointhailand » October 1, 2014, 10:24 pm

I'm a bit confused over this "a friend did it" bit.
What "official stamp" does a friend use to confirm that they are a JP/Doctor/Policeman etc etc :-k
2014 pension1.jpg

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by BossHogg69 » October 2, 2014, 6:34 am

No official stamp required for my pension providers

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by mortsyn » October 2, 2014, 6:28 pm

The Tourist Police organization's main objective is to serve tourists and support the tourist industry in Thailand. It is not in their main objective to support foreigners living permanently in Thailand, like most of you on the forum as well as me, I guess. Of course when things happen, the first questions to ask is not what kind of status or visa a person has, so in practice, all foreigners are supported.

The Tourist Police Volunteer Team has asked the Tourist Police in Udon Thani to sign Life Cerificates as a service to all foreigners living in the district. The signed cerificates and copies of requested documents are filed to be used when pension institutes do their random follow up checks. To make that process simple, fast, and easy, the address is requested at signature time.

To cover costs for signing, filing, and follow up, a service charge of 300baht was decided and the surplus go into the charity pot used for all the charity events that Tourist Police do in schools and other places. As it is not a main duty, no receipt is given.

Regards,
Kjell Nystrom
Tourist Police Volunteer Team Secretary
email: [email protected]
Mobile: +66-88-1155-713

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by Khun Paul » October 3, 2014, 5:20 am

How interesting accounts of the charity are available one presumes. To charge for a form which in most countries is free is unacceptable. Keeping documents relating to people just for possible future checks does not wash witrh me and ex-police officer.
I will still use the Amphur if I need one, as although I recognise the Good service you provide to tourists, as you said you are NOT there primarily to help foreigners living permanently, so I will decline your offers and exorbitant cost thanks. Also next time as a long term resident one of the TPV comes up and preaches to me, do we say , ' We are long term residents please go away '

bumper
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by bumper » October 3, 2014, 9:05 am

boes wrote:
Alchai wrote:Can someone explain what a "Life Certificate" is? :-k
When you receive pension from at least Denmark and Sweden you are required to prove that you are still alive....once a year
I get one each year from Social security in America. But all I have to do is fill it out myself and send it back. I have had to have one signed by an Attorney friend no charge. But, he is a friend and that came from CALPERS.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

boes
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by boes » October 3, 2014, 3:53 pm

I think 300 B for this great service is a very reasonable price. Before I always had to fly to BKK or Chiang Mai to the Swedish consulate or embassy and stay 1 night ( THAT was actually quite nice ;) - but it cost me a lot more than 300 B :^o

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by stattointhailand » October 3, 2014, 4:22 pm

B300 for a service that costs absolutely nothing save the cost of a few inches of ink from a pen is an absolute "rip off"
As stated earlier on this thread the same service is available for B30 in Udon, and I can also confirm that mine was done last year (and for the last 10 yrs) FREE OF CHARGE in Udon ..... I made my own decision to make a donation into one of the available charity boxes on site.
Seems more than a bit fishy to me that the OP seemingly "FORGOT" to mention there was a small fee (must be less than B30 as that's all it costs at the Ampher and it's only "covering costs" OP's words not mine) AND a donation of at least B270 to charity for each signature.
Does ANYONE seriously think ..... oh, we need to charge B30 to cover our costs so lets just add say B270 for charity and charge B300 ?? .... If they do there is a Banana boat leaving from pier 2 at NK next stop central London

boes
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by boes » October 3, 2014, 5:43 pm

For your info: It has to be the Swedish consulate / embassy or police institution to verify that a Swede is alive... Amphur cannot be used..

bumper
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by bumper » October 3, 2014, 6:23 pm

stattointhailand wrote:B300 for a service that costs absolutely nothing save the cost of a few inches of ink from a pen is an absolute "rip off"
As stated earlier on this thread the same service is available for B30 in Udon, and I can also confirm that mine was done last year (and for the last 10 yrs) FREE OF CHARGE in Udon ..... I made my own decision to make a donation into one of the available charity boxes on site.
Seems more than a bit fishy to me that the OP seemingly "FORGOT" to mention there was a small fee (must be less than B30 as that's all it costs at the Ampher and it's only "covering costs" OP's words not mine) AND a donation of at least B270 to charity for each signature.
Does ANYONE seriously think ..... oh, we need to charge B30 to cover our costs so lets just add say B270 for charity and charge B300 ?? .... If they do there is a Banana boat leaving from pier 2 at NK next stop central London
Stat you seem to be upset at immigration, was everything free from where you moved from?
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by stattointhailand » October 3, 2014, 6:55 pm

Not in the slightest upset with immigration Bumper, and happy to pay any correct and legal fees :lol:
Now if you had said upset with blatant corruption .... (overcharging for something that can be acquired free) and trying to hide that you are doing it [-X [-X [-X

boes
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by boes » October 3, 2014, 7:41 pm

bumper wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:B300 for a service that costs absolutely nothing save the cost of a few inches of ink from a pen is an absolute "rip off"
Stat you seem to be upset at immigration, was everything free from where you moved from?
Bumper we are talking about tourist police - NOT Immigration.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Life certificates

Post by stattointhailand » October 3, 2014, 8:34 pm

I think that bumper was referring to the fact that I made a comment that I didn't like it when people were going to the Immigration office, and being "led to believe" that it was compulsory to get your photo and form done by them at a charge of B150 when in fact it was optional.

LenArt

Life certificates

Post by LenArt » October 3, 2014, 10:13 pm

boes wrote:For your info: It has to be the Swedish consulate / embassy or police institution to verify that a Swede is alive... Amphur cannot be used..
Lot of ---- from...., or is this nonsense?

Külli Bergbohm <[email protected]>
10 sep

till mig
Levnadsintyg är komplett

LenArt

Life certificates

Post by LenArt » October 3, 2014, 10:44 pm

boes wrote:For your info: It has to be the Swedish consulate / embassy or police institution to verify that a Swede is alive... Amphur cannot be used..
Hope you can read English, or how do you translate this! YOU can not read half and then blurt something!
Attachments
Life Certificate-Ampur Udonthani cut2.jpg

LenArt

Life certificates

Post by LenArt » October 3, 2014, 10:59 pm

This thread have has done its purpose, in my opinion, and now all the knowledge in the subject matter to decide which way you want to do when you want to "live" The funny thing about this thread is not to trust what is written here without finding out the facts and test different options, do not always trust the ones you think knows best!

Have a good day in Thailand! =D>
Attachments
Shitday.jpg

Return to “Notice Board”