ANZAC DAY 2015 at Aussie Burger Sports Bar.

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 18, 2014, 8:13 pm

ANZAC Day 25 April 2015. 100 years to the day.

I know its a long way off, but we are looking for donations of militaria from the wars which Australia and New Zealand participated in as brothers. Not forgetting the other countries participation as well, UK, USA,Canada,the Netherlands,Belgium,France etc, too numerous to mention...and never will be forgotten.

The Aussie Burger Bar has some memorabillia from the wars displayed, but with people coming and going into Thailand, they may feel they have something to contribute for this special day in April. Some readers returning to their home country from Thailand between now and April, may return before then and throw into their suitcase that particular item which will be displayed or worn on the 25 April. All items will be receipted and returned to their owners that day or the very next day. I do not believe people will remove anything that does not belong to them, it would be unthinkable.

I have been to ANZAC House in Sydney recently and they have kindly donated some items which will be on display. I have spoken with Mr Mark Lee, the Corporate Communications Manager NSW Branch of the RSL at ANZAC House. We discussed what the bar is doing that day and looking forward to further contributions.

Some people may not want or cannot visit Kanchanaburi, Hellfire Pass on the River Kwai on the 25 April, so we are going to do our little bit in Udon Thani, north east Thailand. It would be nice to see other establishments in Udon to do the same to mark 100 years.

A formal letter will be sent to the Australian Embassies in Thailand and Laos PDR for their information and any assistance they may have to offer. And any assistance or advice sought from viewers would be appreciated.

The 25th will be a very early morning opening and hopefully view the coverage of services in Australia, Gallipoli and Europe. I hope Udon Talk and Udon Map do not mind me bumping this topic up on a regular basis.

And players in the annual clashes of Aussie Rules and NRL will be playing for something very special in April. We have had sombre and wonderful ANZAC days in the past at the bar, and it will continue.

Thanks Rob 0840934089.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » November 25, 2014, 3:59 pm

Bumping.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 26, 2014, 9:52 am

good one Digger, the ANZAC thing did cross my mind of late, and I was thinking about where I might go..
might be able to dig up some stuff and throw in in the suitcase next trip..no promises..

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » December 23, 2014, 9:31 am

Bumping.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » December 23, 2014, 10:47 am

Sport,
I am coordinating an ANZAC Day event in Australia have received an information and education kit from the Department of Veterans Affairs. There may be some things here that are of interest to you and others:
http://www.anzacportal.dva.gov.au/
http://www.anzacportal.dva.gov.au/events/conduct
http://www.dva.gov.au/
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 22, 2015, 2:45 pm

Sport

Im trying to get my great grandfathers pictures in his uniform, all framed etc , with my sister for now in Melb.

If you need to form a working group to assist ( committee is a crap word ) count me in ok.

maaka
udonmap.com

ANZAC AT AUSSIE SPORTS BAR, ROB

Post by maaka » February 20, 2015, 4:45 am

what day is the ANZAC hoolie at the Aussie Sports Bar, Nutty , Bobs place....blast this key boad..
25th, 26th, or 27th so I can book hotel???

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » February 20, 2015, 4:51 am

ok found it, but I thought ANZAC was 27th, so is the hoolie on the 25th??

downunder
udonmap.com

rr ANZAC AT AUSSIE SPORTS BAR, ROB

Post by downunder » February 20, 2015, 4:54 am

ARE YOU SERIOUS or just suffer with Alzheimers. Maybe its an attempt to show some NZ humour.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » February 20, 2015, 4:55 am

sorry chats , confusion rains at my end because due to ANZAC day being the saturday 25th, the monday 27th is a public holiday...now I got it....means I have to re book my hotel...thanks

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » February 20, 2015, 4:59 am

yes I was serious, and yes am now suffering from dementure...

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » February 20, 2015, 5:19 am

The 26th maaka ...

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » February 20, 2015, 6:10 am

Aardvark wrote:The 26th maaka ...
Now you got me going maaka, 25th :oops:

rods1201
udonmap.com

Post by rods1201 » February 20, 2015, 7:45 am

Here is one ex vietnam veteran who wont be going. I have seen how he treats ex vets.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » February 20, 2015, 11:30 am

rods1201 wrote:Here is one ex vietnam veteran who wont be going. I have seen how he treats ex vets.
Oh why did you bring this up, an attempt to put me in a bad light perhaps. This is the story of aussie ex-vet Rod from the Signals/Intelligence room of the Vietnam war. I treat all customers equally until they f... up and I highly respect people who wear or worn the military uniform of Australia, New Zealand and allied countries.

About 4 years ago, one of the finals of rugby league was televised and I advertised it was on with free food, (mini hamburgers, spring rolls, chicken nuggets etc), for the large crowd of customers at half time. Rod walks in with his mate before the game and was courtesly greeted along with other customers and Rod says "I am going to the bar around the corner", fair enough no problem and off he trots by himself. The staff are always on the lookout for the free-loaders who come in just for the food.

Right on Half time Rod trots back and the trays of food are coming out, so he knocks down 2 of the burgers with his bottle of water. The 2nd half of the game is about to kick off and Rod grabs a 3rd burger and commences to walk off to the other bar and is challenged, he puts the burger back and walks off, nothing said. You certainly went down in my view that day, I will give free food to anyone at the bar, but don't ---- me up the wall.

You may see Rod come through Nutty Park about 5.55pm on Fridays to get into the 'all you can eat pizza for 130b' at the White Box Bar and buys a bottle of water, a bar owner's delight you are. I will point you out to the customers when you walk through again. I see you are still chatting up the young girls at Bic C....maybe hoping for something free.

That is the story of ex-Vietnam vet Rod, there are a couple more instances of his eating/drinking habits, and they will remain forgotten......for now.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 20, 2015, 11:57 am

Oh man you're describing a real tight arse there sport. He's probably got a million baht in a bank account. Tight arses often do. I've never met the bloke so this might be my first nonsense post. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » February 20, 2015, 11:58 am

rods1201 wrote:Here is one ex vietnam veteran who wont be going. I have seen how he treats ex vets.
Sport is one of the most genuine blokes I've ever met and in my view he treats everyone equally and with respect - his cutomer's should, and the majority, most likely show the same towards him. Treat respect with extreme respect, treat someone who acts like a 'shop front' like a 'shop front'. I relayed that motto to my estranged when she lost the plot and have also said to her , if I want to hear from an arsehole I would fart.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 20, 2015, 12:04 pm

Sport

Hold your head high for what you have done for the various Aussie celebration days..ANZAC. AFL. NRL Grand Prix etc.

We the majority certainly appreciate your efforts . Your staffs efforts in making our visits to your premise a memorable occasion. Just like this years ANZAC service will be.

Dont allow 1 distractor the pleasure of upsetting you.

Balloon chasers sadly dont have many ethics.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 20, 2015, 12:24 pm

I regulaly drink in Robs bar when in Udon, he is the perfect host and operates a good bar looking after his customers and staff. Any bad mouthing will I'm sure fall on deaf ears, badluck Rod, happy balloon chasing.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 23, 2015, 4:00 pm

A little bit of history from Gallipoli

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31712158
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “Notice Board”