The Udonmap.com Forumites Monthly Meetings - 2006

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » January 10, 2006, 4:19 am

Icio, you would be more than welcome to attend either alone or with your girlfriend, but most importantly, just be there :)

Good luck.

iciodaverona
udonmap.com

Post by iciodaverona » January 10, 2006, 5:23 am

BangkokButcher wrote:Icio, you would be more than welcome to attend either alone or with your girlfriend, but most importantly, just be there :)
Good luck.
Thank you ... i think i'll really need good luck, 'couse if i'll be there without her, it will be a problem, and if i'll be there with her ... it will be a problem too! :lol:

Surely you all know what "Asian Tigers" means, eh!? :wink:

Bye, Icio
"sii montagna nella tempesta, non spiga di grano nella brezza"

garyw1
udonmap.com

Post by garyw1 » January 17, 2006, 11:45 pm

hi guys getting into los 28 jan hope to be in udon on the 3rd feb with the mrs then off out to nong wau so for about ten days, just seen you have a forum meeting on the 4th, will try to convince her that we need to stay in town for a couple of days so i can attend and put names to faces. i do 'nt post much but read every day and find it very informative, keep up the good work. will the next meeting also be at the horseshoe ? look forward to meeting some of you guys soon.
regards gary.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 18, 2006, 8:10 pm

Gary,
Februarys meeting will probrably not be at the Horseshoe Bar - as we like to rotate around the venues a bit so all places get to see us (and our wallets) once in a while.

We try to keep the 'starting' venue pretty central so everyone knows it and its close enough if we decide to move on later in the evening.

As you have pointed out - the next one is on the 4th February and if anyone would like to suggest a suitable venue to begin with - lets hear it.

See you there

Paul

garyw1
udonmap.com

Post by garyw1 » January 19, 2006, 10:03 pm

hi paul thanks for reply, how about the irish clock that seems to have
some excellent reviews. 9 days to go can't wait.

cheers gary

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 19, 2006, 10:40 pm

Well it has been a while since we visited the Irish Clock for a Forumites meeting - so a good suggestion there

I am quite happy with that - anyone any objections to start at the Irish Clock on the 4th?

I might even twist their arm for some munchies like they did last time :)

Regards

Paul:)

allen
udonmap.com

Post by allen » January 20, 2006, 2:15 pm

The Irish Clock sounds good to me and finally I will be home so will be able to attend a meeting. It's been over a year since my vacation has
been during the first of the month so I can finally meet everyone. Hope to see you soon.

valentine

Post by valentine » January 20, 2006, 4:32 pm

Irish Clock sounds okay, but better warn the new arrivals to leave their duty free at home, the management don't like us bringing it :roll:
On the other hand the night market wouldn't object, and the soda is only 10baht there :wink:

wansman
udonmap.com

Post by wansman » January 22, 2006, 1:36 pm

Hey Guys, been out of touch for a while but got into Udon today and just thought I would drop everyone a note. Was good to meet some of you at the Jan meeting and I look forward to getting together again in the future. Gotta run and book a ticket back to BKK. It's been a very short 7 weeks but I will be glad to get back to hot showers. The wife also sends her greetings.
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 31, 2006, 12:13 am

Just a quick reminder guys (and the handful of gals we have now too of course)
There is the February edition of the Forumites meeting this Saturday (4th February) commencing at the Irish Clock - 8pm onwards

For anyone unsure where the Irish Clock is:

From the shopping mall head down towards the traffic lights and take a left turn (where the 60baht buffet is), go past a gas station and after a minute or so - take the next left - so in effect you are in a street running parallel with the shopping mall. About 300 metres down this road you will see the Irish Clock - which is pretty unmissable now as they have added a huge illuminated sign outside.

So, left at the lights, then first left after that (if you end up at the night market or the train station you have gone too far)
From City Lodge end. come out of City Lodge and take the road almost (not quite) opposite and the Irish clock is halfway down there on the right hand side.

Hope to see you all there

Regards
Paul

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 2, 2006, 7:03 am

Guys,
We're in the early stages of planning a long-awaited trip in April to Thailand (around Songkran Festival time). April 1st is the first Saturday of the month so will that be the monthly meeting date? Or can it be moved to April 8th which is closer to Songkran days of 12th-15th?

Venue? I don't care but I will want a tiger girl to bring me a cold one. Meow. :guiness:

Ron :lol:

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » February 2, 2006, 3:50 pm

polehawk wrote:I will want a tiger girl to bring me a cold one
I just hope they will still be allowed to with the current proposed law changes, fingers crossed for you Ron.

Have a great trip :)

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » February 2, 2006, 7:02 pm

polehawk wrote:Guys,
We're in the early stages of planning a long-awaited trip in April to Thailand (around Songkran Festival time). April 1st is the first Saturday of the month so will that be the monthly meeting date? Or can it be moved to April 8th which is closer to Songkran days of 12th-15th?

Venue? I don't care but I will want a tiger girl to bring me a cold one. Meow. :guiness:

Ron :lol:
Seems a reasonable request Polehawk - would be a shame to miss your visit. I will pencil it in for the 8th - ok ?

Paul

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 2, 2006, 9:51 pm

Thanks, Paul and Sean. The missus will be coming along so I will be on my best behavior. Or else. :fryingpan: No thumb prints on this guy. Just a healthy awareness. :lol:

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » February 4, 2006, 1:46 am

Your going to have a great trip polehawk and yes the beer does taste much better when served by a Tiger Girl. One little tip though make sure there aren't any sharpe knives around when the TW is there with you :wink:
Punish the Liver

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 4, 2006, 3:54 am

Will keep that in mind, Thai_1_On, but TW says she don't need no steenkeen knife. She uses words instead, like "She young enough to be your granddaughter!". Never too old to look, though. :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 4, 2006, 4:04 am

polehawk wrote:Will keep that in mind, Thai_1_On, but TW says she don't need no steenkeen knife. She uses words instead, like "She young enough to be your granddaughter!".
That is Thai women for you.....don't even need a knife to 'stick the knife in'... :D

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » February 4, 2006, 4:12 am

Ohhhhh..don't get me going on knives...I consider that she carries a retractable knife around in her bag "for cut paper at school", and see how deft she is with a kitchen cleaver (much better than Sean)....and its not even considered :?

Never a sideways glance :wink:

John

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 4, 2006, 4:16 am

You guys should wear some dark sunglasses, then you can look at all the girlys with-out getting caught. Try mirror shades. 8) 8) 8)
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » February 4, 2006, 4:17 am

yorkman wrote:(much better than Sean)
You know how it is John, 3 years of training should make anyone competent enough at any chosen skill, but as the years pass by, everyone always becomes just that little bit more flippant with dotting the i's and crossing the t's ;)

Thai_1_on, your really never gonna give up on the knife ordeal are you, how's the wife doing at the gun factory by the way??

Return to “Notice Board”