Abortion

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: Abortion

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 10, 2021, 12:20 pm

And I can only go by what you post.

This post
8:59 AM (5 hours and 42 minutes AFTER the Texas governor post)
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 8:59 am
In the United States there's currently over 400,000 children in foster care and another 11 million children living in poverty. Maybe we should be looking at that first instead of adding to the problem.
preceded this post
9:52 AM (in sequence almost an hour later)
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 9:52 am
All of these self-righteous individuals who are against the woman's rights and claim to be concerned for the life of the baby, they don't give a rat's ass about what happens to the child after it's born. They don't give a damn if they wind up in foster care or they are living in poverty, it's not their problem anymore. But in reality, it was never their problem or any of their business to begin with.
Nothing about Texas or GOP in either of those two posts. The posts are in sequence and over 5 hours more recent.

And then, over 6 hours before, you were railing against the Texas law and the governor, but not even any mention of the GOP in there.

3:17 AM (6 hours and 35 minutes before the quoted post)
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 3:17 am
Current law in Texas makes abortions illegal after 6 weeks, even if rape and/or incest are involved. Governor Abbott is a little twisted.

Your plea for post context is pretty weak with a post over 6 hours old and not even in sequence with the post quoted.
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 9:52 am
All of these self-righteous individuals who are against the woman's rights and claim to be concerned for the life of the baby, they don't give a rat's ass about what happens to the child after it's born. They don't give a damn if they wind up in foster care or they are living in poverty, it's not their problem anymore. But in reality, it was never their problem or any of their business to begin with.
Super powers at work again claiming to know the private concern and efforts that are made by others in their private donations of money and time.

Every community, borough, county, city, village, province and state has the power to deal with poverty and abandoned children in ways that they see fit. From private charity to pubic government involvement, they all do what they are able.

For those so outraged by what they perceive as the lack of care for the downtrodden and abandoned children and want more done, nothing prevents anyone from making private donations of their money and time.

When I was in elementary school, I had two classmates who were orphans and brothers from the Catholic orphanage in town. They went through seven grades with me until my family moved. I never forgot them, and I often wonder where they are today. Knowing them inspired me to share my good fortune throughout my working life. Since 1999, I have been able to donate a healthy amount of my personal wealth and time every year to orphanages and family food banks in both the United States and in Thailand.

For those who want more done, do what you can and what is best for you. It's better than killing babies in the womb.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 12:37 pm

LOL. You are funny. You are so paranoid that you think I was referring to you that you had to pat yourself on the back and give yourself accolades about how you share your wealth and time with orphanages and food banks. Narcissism is not a good quality.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » October 10, 2021, 12:39 pm

Some are saying the individual should step in and help if they are concerned. Well the point is is should be the INDIVIDUALS choice to get an abortion when it is safe to do so. If the government wants to get involved they need to step up financially. Everyone is righteous, until it comes out of their pockets. Hypocrites.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 12:53 pm

And what's your point your holiness? Sequence of posts? I think your superpowers are maxed out for the day. BTW, the governor cannot sign into law until the Texas House and Senate pass the bill for him to sign, which both are controlled by the GOP.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » October 10, 2021, 2:09 pm

Let's just hope the Texas house and senate is not majority controlled by over zealous religious ****'s
that want to control peoples life's with their own beliefs.
No one has the right to control what a person does with their own body...
It's a women's right to make her own decision's.
End of story..!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 3:15 pm

marcus1 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 2:09 pm
Let's just hope the Texas house and senate is not majority controlled by over zealous religious ****'s
End of story..!!!
That's it

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 10, 2021, 7:39 pm

well, I suppose that's fine if you fully consider that the woman (barring rapes/incests/sex assaults) certainly makes a decision to engate in consensual unprotected sex that can result in pregnancy and a laundry list of sexually transmitted diseases.. The problem is that humans are rutting hormone driven creatures who often don't consider the ramifications of their actions until too late. I figure abortion is in short, terminating an unwanted pregnancy. The objective should be education and contraceptives available and used to ensure that there's no need for an abortion and if necessary it is conducted in the shortest time possible after impregnation. I'd rather go back to Bill Clinton's statement that "abortions should be legal, safe, and rare." I suppose given the general irresponsibility of peole that abortion as a means of brith control will be around for a long time to come..
Dave

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 11, 2021, 6:42 am

marcus1 wrote:
End of story..!!!
Tad late in your wish going against the will of the people of Texas. It was introduced as Senate Bill 8 and House Bill 1515 on March 11, 2021, was signed into law on May 19, 2021. It went into effect on September 1, 2021. It is not a criminal law, but a civil law.

The act establishes a system where members of the public can sue abortion providers for a minimum of $10,000. The Center for Reproductive Rights filed an emergency motion before the Supreme Court of the United States on August 30, 2021, seeking to block the Act. In a 5–4 vote, the Supreme Court denied the motion before the September 1, 2021 commencement date, and subsequently the Act came into force.

Women who want to kill their babies in the womb can go to another state after the heartbeat is detected. That is the beauty [sarcasm] of a federal republic where citizens of states can determine the values of their societies. If you want to live in California, be taxed into oblivion and experience the legal decriminalizing of p e d o phile acts, you can go live there. If you want to live in New York where illegal aliens are legitimized with a drivers license, you can do that too. The people of Texas have a right to determine the laws in their states. The 9th and 10th Amendments provide those states' rights. It is not unusual for state laws to be different throughout many of the states.

Biology is sometimes tricky.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 11, 2021, 11:04 am

It is good to see that New York has joined (in 2019) 12 other states which already offer drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants.

Oh! .... and that California has NOT decriminalised any paedophile acts.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2021, 3:38 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 11, 2021, 6:42 am
marcus1 wrote:
End of story..!!!
Tad late in your wish going against the will of the people of Texas. It was introduced as Senate Bill 8 and House Bill 1515 on March 11, 2021, was signed into law on May 19, 2021. It went into effect on September 1, 2021. It is not a criminal law, but a civil law.

The act establishes a system where members of the public can sue abortion providers for a minimum of $10,000. The Center for Reproductive Rights filed an emergency motion before the Supreme Court of the United States on August 30, 2021, seeking to block the Act. In a 5–4 vote, the Supreme Court denied the motion before the September 1, 2021 commencement date, and subsequently the Act came into force.

Women who want to kill their babies in the womb can go to another state after the heartbeat is detected. That is the beauty [sarcasm] of a federal republic where citizens of states can determine the values of their societies. If you want to live in California, be taxed into oblivion and experience the legal decriminalizing of p e d o phile acts, you can go live there. If you want to live in New York where illegal aliens are legitimized with a drivers license, you can do that too. The people of Texas have a right to determine the laws in their states. The 9th and 10th Amendments provide those states' rights. It is not unusual for state laws to be different throughout many of the states.

Biology is sometimes tricky.

Just another instance of conservatives drenching their interference in the very emotive terms of 'detectable heartbeat'. Meanwhile, in the far more reasonable world of Roe vs Wade, the more medically reasonable terminology of a 'fetal viability' is the far more sensible criteria for determining survival or otherwise. As for the irrelevant graphic, once again it's all the woman's fault and no male sexual reproductive organs need to be concerned beyond their ejaculating more oppressive, misogynistic legislation and pretending to play God (badly).

As for pedophilia, illegal aliens and driving licenses... are you posting in the right thread? The correct forum?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2021, 7:34 am

When and if State senators and other officials actually run for office endorsing the Anti Abortion Bills whaich are currently as I understand it suspended, then win that election, they can then impose the anti abortion bill as then VOTERS will have decided , not some left wing people who want to move their own particular agenda forward to suck up to certain people.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 12, 2021, 10:05 am

sin.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 12, 2021, 10:28 am

And there it is, religion, the true root of all evil.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » October 12, 2021, 10:43 am

semperfiguy wrote:
October 12, 2021, 10:05 am
sin.jpg
Fascinating! Are you okay with being a slave? My wife is asking because it says in Leviticus, "You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you."

Also, I'm curious about how old you think the earth is? And do you wear clothing made from 2 different materials? Thanks
Last edited by anefarious1 on October 12, 2021, 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 12, 2021, 10:50 am

If Man did not Sin we wouldnt have a God

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2021, 3:38 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
October 12, 2021, 10:43 am
semperfiguy wrote:
sin.jpg
Fascinating! Are you okay with being a slave? My wife is asking because it says in Leviticus, "You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you."

Also, I'm curious about how old you think the earth is? And do you wear clothing made from 2 different materials? Thanks
Excellent talking points for the worthies at the next UFES meeting. They already have opined on child slavery which I recall was embraced as quite acceptable.

I hope DM's taking notes here.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2021, 3:57 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 12, 2021, 10:28 am
And there it is, religion, the true root of all evil.
Therre is no coubt in my MIND that Religion or the extremes of most of the worlds regions havce been the root cause of more deaths, disasters and including Genocide than any other reason .

Abortion is a very minor cause of death and even that is open to discussion considering the definition of DEATH !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 12, 2021, 3:58 pm

tamada wrote:
October 12, 2021, 3:38 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
October 12, 2021, 10:43 am
semperfiguy wrote:
sin.jpg

Excellent talking points for the worthies at the next UFES meeting. They already have opined on child slavery which I recall was embraced as quite acceptable.

I hope DM's taking notes here.
Indeed notes taken Tam .. as a keen geologist and historian i think this is a great topic at the up n coming UFES meeting .. delicate subjects need handling with sympathy and facts and as both a pilgrim and latterly my days in the church selling raffle tickets for the Scunthorpe salvation army i feel qualified to comment.

We should all remember from the great book Mark verse 6 ... let the weak have aid and never cast aside the memory that herpes like puppies are for life not just for Christmas.

Amen.

I just knew this thread would turn messy :?

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 12, 2021, 4:21 pm

If you want to bring in confusion, arguements , start a discussion using a book that no one can prove is false or true.

THE BIBLE

If you want to discuss things that are whole and proven use SCIENCE

Good luck people

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 29, 2021, 2:22 pm

As Stephen Colbert likes to say, "Meanwhile"
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/us/p ... tions.html

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”