Should Politics be allowed in Sport.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Should Politics be allowed in Sport.

Post by kopkei » June 25, 2020, 5:40 am

and where does this end ? what about venting gay/lesbo,fat/skinny , stupid /smart , when i look at sports i want to look sports and not updates or news or what ever matters politically concerned ..for me sports only will do just fine ,no rubbish ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 25, 2020, 6:45 am

The not so great BBC just love to drag sport into politics as shown by their very bias reporting of the White lives matter plane banner incident at the Chelsea Burnely EPL game .. quite the reason for labeling it racist and Burnley more or less forced to come out and apologize is a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GV7jakGOe0

ALL lives matter ....dont they ??

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 25, 2020, 7:25 am

The simple answer to the original posted question, is NO, however having said that, ever since the beginning, Politics has played a part, but now it is getting to the situation where Sports people are unable to concentrate on their particular sport because they may or may not offend someone ( sad pathetic people most of the time ) and therefore have to make an overt gesture in support. ( Utter rubbish ) .

Currently taking the Knee as it is I believe it is called in support for an idea or offended group of people , in my mind is only reserved for those that deserve respect, for example Her Majesty the Queen and in this country HM an individual. Everyone else no-way.

Making teams political or even subservient to the Political will is NOT sport under any circumstances and personally I will not condone it, no matter why unless it is for the aforementioned people.

No-one ever takes the knee for ordinary people of any colour , be they murdered soldiers or civilians including Police and abused children. BUT make it RACIAL, OMG all hell breaks loose . I understand the emotions behind it but reality must rule the day . Nothing will change the status quo , it will take time and education to change peoples perception of History, so that the next generations can learn. History cannot be re-written ( unless you are American ) and denying it to our children means that its lessons will be lost and will probably be repeated because they do not know any better.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 21, 2022, 8:41 am

Rugby league has banned transgender athletes from international competition for the time being, while World Athletics president Sebastian Coe has hinted track and field could follow swimming in bringing in a tougher policy on transgender stars taking part in women’s events.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 21, 2022, 8:51 am

Whilst totally agreeing that trans swimmers should be banned from competing against women, I do not in any way agree about the "pre pubic" age limit. If that is made worldwide, it will just convince coaches/parents of semi decent swimmers aged possibly 8 or 9 in Russia/China/America to force the kids into trans at that age to win/earn big money later in life without any regard to the damage being done to the childs mental state

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 21, 2022, 8:59 am

noosard wrote:
June 21, 2022, 8:41 am
Rugby league has banned transgender athletes from international competition for the time being, while World Athletics president Sebastian Coe has hinted track and field could follow swimming in bringing in a tougher policy on transgender stars taking part in women’s events.
I think the cycling world governing bodies have also put some brakes on all these once-upon-a-man types coming in and setting records while hoovering up all the gold medals.

I think the ECHR is going to be a bit busy after they've kicked Pratel's Rwandan Adventure Tour Co. Ltd. into touch.

Um... but hold on a minute. Is transgenderism political? Or is it simply being politicized.

Is it Friday already?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 21, 2022, 9:01 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 21, 2022, 8:51 am
Whilst totally agreeing that trans swimmers should be banned from competing against women, I do not in any way agree about the "pre pubic" age limit. If that is made worldwide, it will just convince coaches/parents of semi decent swimmers aged possibly 8 or 9 in Russia/China/America to force the kids into trans at that age to win/earn big money later in life without any regard to the damage being done to the childs mental state
You mean "convince unscrupulous and amoral coaches/parents..." etc..
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 21, 2022, 9:03 am

Friday has "transed" into a Tuesday ......... speaking of which, how will this effect the Udon Pool League, will ladyboys be banned from competing?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 21, 2022, 10:36 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 21, 2022, 9:03 am
Friday has "transed" into a Tuesday ......... speaking of which, how will this effect the Udon Pool League, will ladyboys be banned from competing?
Some pool teams bring their own meat and two veg?!

No wonder it's so popular.

Good game...good game. Don't forget your toaster.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”