best scooter for wife?

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

best scooter for wife?

Post by NongKhaiLee » September 24, 2012, 5:36 pm

Hello all,
Not sure whether or not this is the correct place to post this question,

I am looking for a motorbike for my wife, and am not all that familiar with the models here. I tried to teach her how to ride our Wave 100 and she is too small (144cm) to get her feet on the ground when she stops, she also can't manage shifting well. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe you know of a certain model of bike with a low seat height and automatic transmission?

Thanks,
Lee

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

best scooter for wife?

Post by merchant seaman » September 24, 2012, 5:57 pm

Check around the shops and let her sit on them and see what is compatable for her height. But I would serious consider lessons for her before buying a scooter. First time though that I have heard of a Thai not able to ride a bike. Most learn when they are 6 or 7

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

best scooter for wife?

Post by NongKhaiLee » September 24, 2012, 7:05 pm

Thanks....can't blame you for being puzzled about her not being able to ride a motorbike, she grew up in the U.S.

mak
udonmap.com

best scooter for wife?

Post by mak » September 24, 2012, 7:49 pm

Honda makes a 50cc tricycle motorcycle called a Gyro. It's an import. Check with the dealers to see if they can order it. It's ideal for small people.

hermajesty
udonmap.com

best scooter for wife?

Post by hermajesty » September 25, 2012, 11:30 am

I am from the US and a lady, although I am a big girl (not Thai size!). I was intimidated by the scooters here, feeling like they were too big/heavy for me to manage. It was the first time I had ever attempted to drive anything like a motorcycle or scooter. It was pretty daunting for me and I am usually eager to try new things. I espied a little scooter in the back of a shop and ended up buying it quite cheap. I have not seen another model like it (i scan the parking garage at Central at times...). It is a Suzuki Step. It's about 7 years old. I got it with just over 7k kms on it and it's been a champ. It is automatic (my husband also did not want me to have to worry about gears for the first time owning a motorcycle/scooter). It has a carburetor and needs a choke to start but I conquered that pretty fast. I am very happy with size, weight, feel of it.

I would be happy to meet up with your wife and give her some pointers/guidelines. She can try my scooter out, too, if she's so inclined. PM me if you'd like.

HM

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

best scooter for wife?

Post by NongKhaiLee » September 25, 2012, 7:04 pm

Thanks so much...I'll keep you posted (no pun intended)

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”