Doomsday Preppers, Primary School

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 25, 2014, 12:06 pm

I remember ducking under a desk in Catholic primary school back in the 1950's. I guess the desk was intended to protect against nuclear fallout. I much more clearly remember thinking back in the days when the Soviet Union disintegrated, whether the notion of nuclear war would go the way of tape decks, 8-tracks, and record players.
It's a bit disheartening to see what kinds of disaster prep kids in schools (back in the US) go through these days. It seems odd to me that worrying about a nuclear attack was a better way to grow up than worrying about some stranger bursting in and shooting up the place.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/25/magaz ... f=magazine
Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 25, 2014, 12:17 pm

Maybe wise to put together a bug out kit in case the ---- hits the fan here in Udon.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 25, 2014, 12:48 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Maybe wise to put together a bug out kit in case the **** hits the fan here in Udon.
Spending a fair amount of my time overseas in the AF.......hip pocket plan B's are a good thing to have.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 25, 2014, 12:48 pm

parrot wrote:I remember ducking under a desk in Catholic primary school back in the 1950's. I guess the desk was intended to protect against nuclear fallout.
I remember that, too. I believe that it's to protect against falling debris, -- nuclear fallout is microscopic and travels through the air. (Of course, debris does, too, technically; but you know what I mean.)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 25, 2014, 5:11 pm

An era when people were building fall out shelters in their homes/

My Plan B went to heck when they stopped Thai's from crossing the border. Don't think I would leave my wife stuck in a mess. So the plan sit down keep my feet off the seats and my mouth shut :lol: :lol: :lol:
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2014, 6:09 pm

Hopefully before each practice run the teachers give the students some background.

"Now children, today we are going to learn about how much America benefits from the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. Aren't we so lucky."

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”