An Australian perspective of US gun laws.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: An Australian perspective of US gun laws.

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 10:36 am

stattointhailand wrote:These things happen all around the world taking more lives than the lunatics shooting up schools in America, which is a very small number yet it's all you guys want to focus on. Why is that?

Ow about ..... coz if the lunatics going into schools didn't have their hands on friggin' guns they wouldn't have been able to shoot any of the kids they murdered ..... it's the bullets from the guns that do the killing ....... a lunatic standing there and pointing his finger whilst saying "bang" would be removed to the loonybin and all the kids would still be alive :evil:
Yes, because banning things like guns and drugs has worked in exactly zero countries.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 10:39 am

Me and my ilk? I don't even own a gun nor have I ever. That makes many of you part of my ilk, imagine that

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 10:46 am

I also refuse to vote republican even though it would help keep gun control advocates out of office. Consider that for a moment before you say me and my ilk.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 5, 2014, 10:49 am

I'm surprised they actually let you vote JoeThrows :-"

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 10:52 am

I'm surprised you can even remember how to breathe

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 5, 2014, 11:10 am

I thought I'd post in some more anger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ckjELRL6Y
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 11:16 am

It's sadly amusing that anytime someone posts about a rape or death in Thailand an entire group of posters immediately reply with "yes but that happens all over the world" except of course when it deals with America. Strange one that.

Someone please remind me, are guns and drugs legal or illegal in Thailand?

If illegal, how long to procure either of them?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 5, 2014, 1:20 pm

Hey JoeThrows, are you serious, why not try watching the vid, I do understand it could be dangerous for you as you might just smile, although the educational value to your good self could be deemed as something you need desperately, I am glad Australians can laugh at themselves in jest.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 1:37 pm

I'm on koh mak using dtac edge to connect to the Internet, watching video is out of the question.

How about I start a thread called "American perspective of how Australia went from rugged individuals to a nanny state in one generation"

Would you care? Do you think I care if you care?

Australians can't be trusted now to own a slingshot or a pellet gun, what would ever make you think you could have a valid perspective on u.s. Gun laws?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 5, 2014, 1:53 pm

Hmmm......... for someone who supposedly "doesn't care" what others (outsiders) think about US gun laws, you are having an awful lot of input on this thread. :-k

ps please feel free to start your new thread - sounds like it could engender some interesting debate ......... that's if anyone cares. :D

pps looks like you are having a pretty exciting time on Koh Mak.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

That would be a good topic Joe. Give it a go. You don't seem to know much about Australia.

Why can't foreigners have a view on the US and its gun culture? I welcome foreigners commenting on my country. In the last couple of years the US has pressured the New Zealand government to stamp out slavery. The US government does all sorts of small things that are valuable. We still have slaves here and the Obama administration rightfully didn't like that. Slavery is, of course, illegal here but rampant on the foreign fishing vehicles working in NZ waters. There will also be some other forms of slavery.

Foreigners are welcome to comment on our gun laws. They seem to constantly need tightening. We still ain't got it right.

I also welcome feedback from UN institutions on things such as our criminal justice system. It keeps us on our toes and helps us think what might be the right direction.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 2:54 pm

Haha a bunch of knitters getting their balls knotted.
How much do you think Thailand values western commentary? Yet we all still comment.

P.s. It's a crime in Australia to own a slingshot, even a simple child's toy that launches any projectile. Put it in your pocket and you've got a concealed weapon. I'm laughing at the idea of anyone that finds that acceptable thinking they can offer any insight at the adults table.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 5, 2014, 3:02 pm

What statue makes that so Joe? What about the US? Is a concealed slingshot unlawful in any states?

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 5, 2014, 4:36 pm

Just had a look at this Aussie's youtube movie and thought it was really funny. As did the crowd. =D> Took the p.ss out of something the yanks are certainly divided on. Hadn't seen him before and then looked at few of his other you tube movies and I must be getting old and thought he uses the C word to much.
I would hate to think I was part of that 10% group he mentioned. :lol:

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » December 5, 2014, 4:50 pm

Classic clip Coxo. Thanks for sharing. Never seen this bloke before but funny as.
Watch Me!!

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 5, 2014, 5:59 pm

JoeThrows wrote:Haha a bunch of knitters getting their balls knotted.
How much do you think Thailand values western commentary? Yet we all still comment.

P.s. It's a crime in Australia to own a slingshot, even a simple child's toy that launches any projectile. Put it in your pocket and you've got a concealed weapon. I'm laughing at the idea of anyone that finds that acceptable thinking they can offer any insight at the adults table.
I guess we don't want a situation like your country had a couple of days ago where your Heroic Police gunned down a 12 year old boy with a plastic Gun. Call us stupid, but our Cops don't kill Children ....

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 6:19 pm

GT93 wrote:What statue makes that so Joe? What about the US? Is a concealed slingshot unlawful in any states?
No idea which statute but I'll be happy to look it up for you

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 6:24 pm

Aardvark wrote:
JoeThrows wrote:Haha a bunch of knitters getting their balls knotted.

I guess we don't want a situation like your country had a couple of days ago where your Heroic Police gunned down a 12 year old boy with a plastic Gun. Call us stupid, but our Cops don't kill Children ....

Never called you stupid, first of all.
Second, that's a tragic situation that never would have happened had they kept the orange barrel that's required on toys and replicas.

Third and perhaps most important, American police are undeniably out of control and I call them out on it on almost a daily basis via other channels. If anyone were to start an American police state bashing thread I'd be one of the most active contributors.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 5, 2014, 6:33 pm

JoeThrows wrote:
GT93 wrote:What statue makes that so Joe? What about the US? Is a concealed slingshot unlawful in any states?
No idea which statute but I'll be happy to look it up for you
Don't bother - it ain't true.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 5, 2014, 6:35 pm

Interesting because I've been to Australia and have quite a few Aussie friends and they've all confirmed it. Will have to look it up now because googling provides pages of info confirming it without offering statute to refer ti

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”