Radical Islam (opinion)

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Sport
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Sport » October 12, 2015, 12:54 pm

Barney wrote:
GT93 wrote:I think besides other things this would add to the problem. Muslims in say Australia would be more than a little unhappy. It might add to the problems? Besides imprisoning them, perhaps being Muslim should also be a criminal offence and all mosques demolished.

While doing that, perhaps there are some other troublemakers to sort out as well. Who is next?
I would have no problem upsetting only 2% of the population for the greater need of the collective.
The new "Australia Liberty Alliance" has the answer in its policies.....10 year moratorium on Islam immigration.
Quote part of

3. Stop the Islamisation of Australia
"These proposals include a 10-year moratorium on all resident visa categories for
applicants from member countries of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
Exceptions shall apply to the humanitarian intake of persecuted non-Islamic
minorities from OIC countries."

Might work? In a non confrontational manner.
Im with you Barney all the way on this.

GT93
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by GT93 » October 12, 2015, 1:00 pm

I think that would invite a violent response and perhaps an increase in terrorism. It might well be a massive own goal and also a very slippery slope. Who next?

Also, you wouldn't want to be travelling on an Aussie passport in a Muslim country. "Radical Muslims" would have an incentive to find Australians.

I'd suggest it's better starting a policy that Australia is part of east Asia and wants its residents to better reflect this reality so it's going to have some rules that favour immigrants from those countries over those from Europe, North and South America and the Middle East.

I note the Australian police have in effect been advising the Australian government to dial down the anti-Muslim rhetoric. Turnbull is responding and I applaud. The police want the Muslim community to be the first line of defence. Not the first line of offence against Australia.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by jackspratt » October 12, 2015, 1:33 pm

Welcome back, White Australia Policy: :shock:
3. Stop the Islamisation of Australia
"These proposals include a 10-year moratorium on all resident visa categories for
applicants from member countries of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
Exceptions shall apply to the humanitarian intake of persecuted non-Islamic
minorities from OIC countries."
Migrants from the following countries, inter alia, are herewith banned:

- Brunei
- Indonesia
- Malaysia
- Maldives
- Turkey
- Iran
- Suriname
- Guyana
- Albania
- Gabon
- etc etc

:-k

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » October 12, 2015, 2:02 pm

GT93 wrote:I think that would invite a violent response and perhaps an increase in terrorism. It might well be a massive own goal and also a very slippery slope.
But of course, if an islamist decides you have offended the prophet they will behead you, and if you question the violent actions of the followers of the "religion of peace" you can expect a more violent response.

If you call us crazy and violent we will go bannanas and kill you. Makes perfect sense.

GT93
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by GT93 » October 12, 2015, 2:05 pm

Oh dear. I think Indonesia is going to be a very important country for Australia's prosperity this century.

When I was teaching English in Udonthani, the head of the social studies department at the largest high school in Udon spent over 30 minutes asking me about the White Australia policy as he knew I had been living in Oz for almost 5 years before moving to Udon. He was surprised to hear that there were more than a few Asians in Oz.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » October 12, 2015, 2:08 pm

“It’s not compulsory to live in Australia,” Mr Turnbull intoned. “If you find Australian values are unpalatable then there’s a big wide world out there and people have got freedom of movement.”

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/2015 ... oor-islam/

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » October 12, 2015, 2:11 pm

GT93 wrote:Also, you wouldn't want to be travelling on an Aussie passport in a Muslim country. "Radical Muslims" would have an incentive to find Australians.
What, like Bali where they bomber Aussies, like Yala provence where they kill Thais, like the Philipinnes where they take hostages, like the Congo where they kidnap girls, like Syria where they behead people?

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » October 12, 2015, 2:15 pm

Mr Turnbull might profitably try to find Muslim spokespersons, even of the most moderate kind, willing to stand up and say that Australian law trumps sharia law. Good luck with that one. There will, however, be plenty of empty platitudes on display, as required.

Numbers of Islamic spokesmen that I have seen and read make the point that sharia law must rule the world. Do they know what they are talking about? Have they got Islam all wrong? All the killing, all the maiming, all the raping, all the desecrating in the name of Islam; have the perpetrators got it all wrong?

GT93
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by GT93 » October 12, 2015, 2:16 pm

Who is the "they"? You seem to suggest all Muslims which isn't remotely correct. Stick to western values where the millions aren't convicted from the actions of a few loons.

I take it you loathe Uncle Sam - one very big immigration success story. Oh hang on, Oz is one of the others.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by ronan01 » October 12, 2015, 2:20 pm

GT93 wrote:Who is the "they"? You seem to suggest all Muslims which isn't remotely correct. Stick to western values where the millions aren't convicted from the actions of a few loons.

I take it you loathe Uncle Sam - one very big immigration success story. Oh hang on, Oz is one of the others.
Now as Islam has been going since the seventh century and has something like 1.7 billion-and-growing adherents, we have a problem. It is an intractable problem. It cannot be solved. It can only be contained; as, for example, Atatürk contained it in Turkey.

Its containment depends upon Western politicians recognising the source of the problem, which are the scriptural tenets of the religion itself. And they will not be changed. The Koran is the Koran. The Hadith is the Hadith. Exactly who will ever have the authority to change them?

It’s the religion stupid!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by jackspratt » October 12, 2015, 2:22 pm

ronan01 wrote:
Like I said, Islam has more than its fair share of apologists and useful idiots, ...........
Ironic, coming from someone who seems to gain the sum total of their knowledge (and thoughts) from reading Quadrant.

Back to your hillarious best, P&G. :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by BobHelm » October 12, 2015, 2:36 pm

ronan01, if you cannot enter into a discussion without resorting to the personal abuse of other members, then please do not post.

You can take a weeks' holiday to reflect on that thought.

GT93, the correct response to personal abuse is to report the post so that the Moderation team can do something about it. That has been said often enough to warrant you joining ronan01 in a 24 hour pause for thought.

Additionally, the thread has been pruned of some unnecessary posts.

noosard
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by noosard » October 12, 2015, 5:47 pm

Seems Thai muslims are not keen on peace
The group BRN rejects any peace talks mediated by Malayasia

rick
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by rick » October 12, 2015, 10:03 pm

60 years ago, Islam was not considered a threat. What's changed? Get to the source of that, and find a cure. Basically 90% of Muslims are not interested in Jihad and world domination. Also, only in the Northern half of Africa, the Middle-East and parts of the Indian Sub-continent and SE Asia do they predominate. As for 'outbreeding' the rest of us it would take hundreds of years.

The reality is that fundamentalist Islam will destroy the Islamic world from within (it is already doing that) and is also pushing other denominations into their own anti-islamic purges (radical Hindus in India, Buddhists in Burma, and half of Udonmap members [-X )

However, before it is all over, a lot of innocent blood is going to be spilled, i fear, and 'human rights' may become of lesser importance.

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

Fort Hood food for thought.

Post by Geoffrey » October 13, 2015, 9:46 am

I have Muslim friends and have worked with and taught Muslims in Thailand and Indonesia. The Muslims I know are gentle and kind. I found this article interesting. http://warontherocks.com/2015/09/jihad- ... -shooting/
Holy Harp

Udon Map
Admin

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Udon Map » October 13, 2015, 12:40 pm

rick wrote:Basically 90% of Muslims are not interested in Jihad and world domination.
The problem is that, as always, it's the vocal ones which get the attention.

Barney
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Barney » October 13, 2015, 1:30 pm

Udon Map wrote:
rick wrote:Basically 90% of Muslims are not interested in Jihad and world domination.
The problem is that, as always, it's the vocal ones which get the attention.

Perhaps Jihad and World Domination should not be in the same sentence as an interest to the Islamic people.
My opinion is they would love to see their religion dominate, but the majority not through Jihad.

wazza
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by wazza » October 13, 2015, 4:40 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-13/d ... 510?pfm=ms

Australia has more issues with its neighbours than Muslim countries

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by Aardvark » October 13, 2015, 4:59 pm

Happened to a mate of mine many years ago. Served with him in the RAN. He came here from Scotland as a 6 month old Baby. Was never in trouble before or since. As I said on the other thread, these Laws have been around for many, many years ....

noosard
udonmap.com

Radical Islam (opinion)

Post by noosard » October 13, 2015, 5:22 pm

Should have deported him before the jail sentence
Taking a baseball bat to someone in a road rage incident
A racist policy because too many Maoris break the law on both sides of the ditch ???
Don't get that theory
Had a maori friend (mid 40s) who had lived in Australia for many years, went back to NZ for a holiday,
Returning to Australia wrote on his arrival card that he had a conviction as youth was nearly sent back on the next plane
Australia has the right to deport undesirables whom are not Australian citizens, where ever they are from.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”