Gun Control

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Gun Control

Post by vlad » October 11, 2017, 9:07 pm

There's a bit of a difference humping a few cases all the way up the Mandalay full of clothes for 1 60 odd yr old guy then humping 20 plus rifles and well over 800 rounds of Ammo up there. Did they not think it strange why he needed that many cases's.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2017, 9:39 pm

vlad wrote:
October 11, 2017, 9:07 pm
There's a bit of a difference humping a few cases all the way up the Mandalay full of clothes for 1 60 odd yr old guy then humping 20 plus rifles and well over 800 rounds of Ammo up there. Did they not think it strange why he needed that many cases's.
Have you been to Vegas? Home of some of laxest gun ownership laws and thus the busiest gun shows in 'murca'.

There's reason why it championed the term, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." It's also a major convention city and some of those guys tote whole multiple packed display stands when on the road. Only did that place twice (once was a convention) and there's nothing that can surprise or anyone well enough tipped to be not so surprised. This guy was a millionaire, multiple time visitor to the Vegas tables so these resorts welcome any high-roller and their excess baggage.

The only other place on the 'murcan' mainland where the average joe 'murcan' can live vicariously and pretty much anything goes is New Orleans. Now THAT was party central for me two weekends a month for 8 months and I'll never forget my first visit to the Abbeville Gun & Knife Club... and then we took the whole show to Angola and like stepping in a dog turd, the moment was lost.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 11, 2017, 9:56 pm

He allegedly checked into the hotel on 25th September which was 6 days before the shooting. I wouldn't have thought coming & going over that time with suitcases would have raised suspicions. Its not like he was dressed as Rambo dragging his armoury behind him in one go :shock:
Police say he had taken 24 weapons to his room which had been concealed in 10 suitcases. I'm usually found lugging 5 (overweight) suitcases on our trips so 10 over 6 days doesn't sound unreasonable
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » October 12, 2017, 12:42 am

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any body of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States

-- Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principals of the Federal Constitution

Attachments
einsatzgruppen-nazi-death-squads-ww2-german-brutal-001.jpg

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 3, 2021, 8:48 am

An opinion piece in The New York Times draws attention to an important pending Supreme Court case on gun control:
The Supreme Court will soon decide whether Americans have a constitutional right to carry loaded concealed weapons in public and in public places, wherever and whenever they believe they might need their guns for self-defense. Practically, that could mean everywhere and at all times.

The announcement of such an absolute and unfettered right would be shocking and disquieting to most Americans, not just to Americans in the many states where the people, through their elected legislatures, have for centuries restricted the carrying of handguns in public. It would also be concerning to many Americans who support gun rights. They, too, would understandably be unsettled and frightened by the idea that everywhere they went, their fellow citizens might be carrying loaded guns.

At stake in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen is whether the Supreme Court will claim for itself the power to decide where and when Americans can carry loaded handguns in public — a power that the Constitution reserves for the people and their elected representatives.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/02/opin ... -york.html

I'll be watching the Trump judges and the Trump Court with interest.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 3, 2021, 9:02 am

I like the idea that an armed mugger may think twice before mugging someone knowing that someone watching may also be armed. That said, concealed weapon permit holders should have been trained how to safely use their weapon.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 3, 2021, 9:10 am

Don't need a permit or training in Texas to carry open or concealed.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 3, 2021, 9:56 am

glalt wrote:
November 3, 2021, 9:02 am
I like the idea that an armed mugger may think twice before mugging someone knowing that someone watching may also be armed. That said, concealed weapon permit holders should have been trained how to safely use their weapon.
How about the mugger just shoots the victim , robs him and to his delight he gets another gun ? ,also any police stops would mean the police for their own safety would automatically pull their gun first. Even approaching a policeman to ask him for assistance could end in you getting shot as the policeman would automatically assume your armed. Great for gun sales though as those against guns would have no choice but to buy one as every crazy out there would be wandering the streets with a gun. Oh well ,its their country .up to them
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 3, 2021, 10:28 am

You expect an intelligent educated and logical arguement coming from a country and its people whop think nothing of not only openly carrying guns for no reason other that they think ( I use that term loosely ) they are in danger .
I expect nothing than the so-called right wing wanting to do anything they want because it is written in a constitution written nearly 250 years ago . Times have changed but it appears the average intelligence of many , is still stuck in the time warp . of the post civil war America and like it that way. So sad but what do expect from a whole nation with a few exceptions of IMMIGRANTS and the progeny

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 3, 2021, 10:48 am

It's nothing but fear mongering by the NRA, a corrupt organization in itself, in order to sell more guns, nothing more, nothing less.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 3, 2021, 11:53 am

To anyone that thinks by manning the citizens of any country will stop a take over of it needs a head adjustment
The country has only people with weapons.
If there was a war to break out there is no plan, no comminications network inplace, no supply routes (food, ammunition, etc) avaialbe, no Medical assistance, NO LEADERSHIP to be seen
All they have are individuals running around wondering who is the enemy and who to shoot at.
So all these excuses that we need to protect our 2nd Ammendment, My Right as a Gun Owner, I need to protect my Family is all HogWash
Why do you have a gun? because you like Guns
Just remember if it is the Government who is the Enemy that they have BIGGER Guns available than your 303, AR15, 270 etc

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 3, 2021, 3:02 pm

Questions ? Why do people think if everyone carried a gun then it would reduce crime ? Back in the wild west apparently everyone had a gun, wolves, bears, mountain lions , and the natives meant everyone was armed to the teeth . so I guess there was never any crimes back then , everyone had a gun.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 3, 2021, 3:15 pm

Constitution-defending citizens = 303, AR15, 270, etc..
US Government = M4, M27, A10 Warthog, etc..
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”