Gun Control

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Las Vegas Shooting

Post by vincemunday » October 6, 2017, 3:13 pm

Looks like the NRA have indeed asked for restrictions as JimJay suggested earlier, a good response from them.

Las Vegas shooting: NRA urges new rules for gun 'bump-stocks'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41519815

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 6, 2017, 4:50 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 6, 2017, 3:13 pm
Looks like the NRA have indeed asked for restrictions as JimJay suggested earlier, a good response from them.

I would disagree. You can't defend the undefendable.

http://news.sky.com/story/why-the-nra-b ... s-11068790

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » October 6, 2017, 5:45 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 6, 2017, 3:13 pm

Do keep up to date Vince. [-X
News that this piece of equipment had been used by Paddock, together with , (invaluable free advertising providing), the fullest details of it's functions and capabilities were very comprehensively provided by the American media; a gesture much appreciated by gun fanatics and gun dealers alike!. Within days reports were coming in from gun shops all over America of an unprecedented demand for this equipment, resulting in the shops being sold out, and a shortage of supply. :-& :cry:
All doubtless having been purchased by mentally well adjusted, responsible, law abiding citizens, anxious to be in possession of it's ability to increase the rapidity of fire, just in case they should be simultaneously attacked by a multitude of people intent on doing them harm; or perhaps by Aliens from outer space! :roll:
To date, it has not been possible to verify a rumour that certain American members of the Udonthani community are already en route back to their homeland, each intent on buying this equipment, to further enhance their feelings of security here in this dangerous LOS, as depicted by bigrick. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 6, 2017, 6:30 pm

This Man collected a large Arsenal of over 40 guns ALL legally obtained. He is not a nut job he has thought about this a long time. The BBC news reporter Ragi Omar took a film crew into a Nevada gun shop and asked to buy a gun the owner asked what is the gun for? So the reporter answered for stopping bad guys. he was handed a heavy caliber handgun. The reporter asked what is the biggest gun I can see and duly he was shown a fully Automatic Assault Rifle. Ragi asked " Why do you stock These they belong in the Military only" The gun shop owners answer was IF "they have them" we need to have them. That is the mindset you belong too. look it up on BBC news. It is also reported there has been over 50 gun related deaths across America since the Nevada Shooting.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 6, 2017, 7:44 pm

vlad wrote:
October 6, 2017, 6:30 pm
It is also reported there has been over 50 gun related deaths across America since the Nevada Shooting.
Most of those deaths will be black gang-related deaths. Likewise Toronto, Canada has seen 4 shooting deaths in that time all by blacks on other blacks. The gangs seem to be able to obtain heavy-duty weapons quite easily. How do you stop them? Even 'Black Lives Matter' people have no answer and offer no solution to the problem. However BLM seem to believe that the root of the problem lies with white males.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 6, 2017, 8:03 pm

Can't stop it Laan it built into them just open u tube and look at the 6+ kids being taught to use weapons. How can you stop it? I'm afraid it's your own doing so live with the consequences time to move on Folks.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » October 7, 2017, 3:13 pm

How pathetic that the NRA, with only 4.5 million members, can control the US government. Thats 2% at best of the population. 2% runs the US, what a Fake democracy....what a joke!!!...

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 7, 2017, 7:04 pm

vlad wrote:
October 7, 2017, 6:42 pm
The difference is i don't run off after reading threads on here then report what they're saying on your site. As you know im banned so I cant defend myself, you slag the members on here yet you still post on here so we cant be that bad. Maybe we have more members then your club how many you have actively posting now, 2 maybe 3. Your always welcome here Niggly.
Stop it! You’re killing me with your theories of urban warfare between a couple of piddly little Udon Forums!
Trying to get back on topic with the mental state of the shooter, similarly to you, he seems a bit of an oddball & seeing as you’re so up to speed with gun laws in the UK over the USA you’d be a prime candidate to take siege of the Henry Schneider Statue with a peashooter & catapult. Now that would be a great thread debate. We might even be lucky enough to get live coverage from 12345 with one of his drones
Last edited by Nigglyb on October 8, 2017, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 7, 2017, 7:31 pm

A Sky News take on the NRA and gun ownership. Whilst there has been reporting and debate in the UK after gun massacres before, I get the feeling that the attack in Vegas is having a bigger impact, there seems to be more reporting, analysis and theories than I’ve ever seen before.

http://news.sky.com/video/share-11070148
The comedown: America's addiction to guns
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 7, 2017, 7:36 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
October 7, 2017, 3:13 pm
How pathetic that the NRA, with only 4.5 million members, can control the US government. Thats 2% at best of the population. 2% runs the US, what a Fake democracy....what a joke!!!...
The answer is they don't run the US government. 555

The People don't need the NRA, the Congress or President to amend the Constitution. Read up.

Plus, the US is not a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. Some refer to it as a federal republic. They're both the same.

It's always good for one to know facts before they engage the keyboard. Thank me. :)
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 7, 2017, 7:58 pm

It is an Addiction Vince you can say all you like about there Gun ownership till your blue in the face you will not change their way of thinking, its taught to them as children. There are enough videos around showing kids at Range's and there proud parents watching them fire guns.They will not accept their culture is wrong. It's obvious you can obtain fully Automatic or buy bump fire stocks openly yet some still deny it's not simple it is. Go on Utube and look at the white supremacists in full combat gear armed to the Teath in clear sight of the plod. Let's be honest if someone wants to burgle your house there coming for valuables there not coming to kill you or the family, and the old excuse im a responsible gun owner mine are kept locked up and secure. So are you going to say to a burgler ? hang on mate till I get my gun from my locked cabinet lol.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 7, 2017, 8:05 pm

Vlad wrong man mate, I agree with gun ownership although perhaps there should be better scrutiny about who and how they’re bought. With the huge increase of terrorist attacks I’m all for police being armed and let’s face it, there really is only one way to stop a bad man with a gun.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 7, 2017, 8:29 pm

Couldn't agree more mate all police here should be armed there-there to protect us, but we don't take the law into our own hands that's the difference. I'm fairly safe in the knowledge I can go to a concert and not be worried a Sniper or a madman is targeting me, and my kids can go to School safely. If you live in a Society where this is happening often then you need to look at why it happens frequently, and how it can be stopped happening again, but America understands but will not act.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 7, 2017, 8:41 pm

vlad wrote:
October 7, 2017, 8:29 pm
CI'm fairly safe in the knowledge I can go to a concert and not be worried a Sniper or a madman is targeting me
Manchester Arena suicide bombing at the Ariana Grande concert in the Summer?

The Eagles of Death Metal concert at the Bataclan in Paris 2015?

Derek Bird in Cumbria 2010?

Dunblane in 1996?

Hungerford in 1987?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Gun Control

Post by vincemunday » October 7, 2017, 9:32 pm

If we consider the recent shooting in Vegas I’m not sure at this moment in time that stricter controls would help, he was a millionaire businessman with no prior record, he would even pass the UK gun licensing laws, you’re always going to have madmen who will use something, not necessarily a gun, to kill and maim.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 7, 2017, 10:03 pm

Agree with that. The answer is more complex than just gun control.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

BigRick808
udonmap.com

Post by BigRick808 » October 7, 2017, 10:45 pm

To those who complained about some of my posts not being related to this *thread*: they were related to prior posts by others.

Ironic that you complain about gun violence in a nation on the other side of the planet, yet you choose to live in a nation with just as much or more gun violence. That being said, I don't feel threatened when I'm in Thailand. I never worry about being shot. If I did I wouldn't go there or any other place where I felt I would be at high risk of being shot. And I wouldn't constantly complain about the laws and customs in their nation. It's not my affair. Each of our countries has problems to solve....

* prior Vegas shooting thread. Several posts by several people have been deleted. If you complained you should know who you are and be able to figure it out.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 7, 2017, 11:49 pm

Yes, never felt in fear of being shot in Thailand.

Was never in fear of being shot in the US either.

The PI, however, was a different matter. :shock:

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 8, 2017, 12:13 am

I grew up with guns, started hunting when I was 12. When I was a teenager we all drove around with our guns mounted on racks in our pickup trucks, perfectly legal and we did not shoot each other. In fact I don't remember any killings at all with guns. I think it is a society problem more than a gun problem, as well if a nut is determined to kill he or she will find a way. You don't need a gun to do that although it may be easier with access to a firearm. Many people still like to hunt and target shoot, is it fair to stop them from owning guns? Do we want to live in a world where government controls every part of our life, how many die in car and motorcycle accidents taking innocent people with them. Should they banned as well? This an extreme example but you see my point. The criminals will always have guns because they are purchased on the black market. It is terrible when these things happen but it happens everywhere because there are nuts everywhere. I am more concerned about terrorist killings then being shot by a nut case. Terrorist attacks are starting now in Canada, not a lot but it will get worse. This I think is a bigger problem that is not going away either.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 8, 2017, 2:38 am

Earnest wrote:
October 7, 2017, 11:49 pm
Yes, never felt in fear of being shot in Thailand.

Was never in fear of being shot in the US either.

The PI, however, was a different matter. :shock:
I think if I ever visited the US as a tourist I'd be the same. However if I was a Black American parent with teenagers I'd be quite anxious. I think there would be regular family safety talks.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”