For crying out loud...

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Re: For crying out loud...

Post by Old Grumpy » November 3, 2019, 8:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 3, 2019, 7:18 pm
As I stated before HISTORY is written by the victors ......... Did they do a DNA test on Hitler and Eva Braun to prove the bodies were actually theirs or are we relying on the word of the victors to tell us? Did they not kill all the top ranking Nazis who actually had the proof? What happened to the guy that bombed Steeles chippy? Did he pay for his crimes against Scunnymanity or was there a cover up? Was the bomber not the "good guy" .....after all he was only trying to stop the destruction of the world cod & haddock populations and save them for future generations :-k
Well I thought everyone knew DNA testing wasn't invented until 40 years after the end of WW2 so I presume your question was an attempt at humour.!

Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2019, 1:56 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
November 3, 2019, 8:37 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
As I stated before HISTORY is written by the victors ......... Did they do a DNA test on Hitler and Eva Braun to prove the bodies were actually theirs or are we relying on the word of the victors to tell us? Did they not kill all the top ranking Nazis who actually had the proof? What happened to the guy that bombed Steeles chippy? Did he pay for his crimes against Scunnymanity or was there a cover up? Was the bomber not the "good guy" .....after all he was only trying to stop the destruction of the world cod & haddock populations and save them for future generations :-k
Well I thought everyone knew DNA testing wasn't invented until 40 years after the end of WW2 so I presume your question was an attempt at humour.!
And the fact that 70 odd years later we re STILL being taught what an events "HISTORY" will be by those who have control of the media.
In the middle ages if you said something bad about the rulers you were locked up/killed etc etc so nobody wrote a "bad" history about the victors. Many a tale of 200 of the kings best soldiers who fought off 5000 savages and prevailed coz they were good and the savages were bad remain but not too many mention that they mowed the virtually unarmed savages down whilst they slept at night. The Ancient Greeks were the "goodies" for several thousand years because it was they that wrote the history down, and then came the Romans who "civilized" the world, but not too many mentions of the millions that they slaughtered or put into slavery for the rest of their lives.

If you ask most people round the world when the American Declaration of Independence was signed, the vast majority will say 4th July 1776, because that is what they have been taught, the fact that it wasnt is neither here nor there, that is what we have been told to believe by those in charge at the time and thats what gets taught to millions of new kids around the world every year

Even recently (twenty odd years ago) David Ike was made out by the media and those who control it to be as mad as a hatter and in need of psychiatric treatment for daring to suggest that a certain politician from Rochdale, members of the British royal family and many pop and tv personalities were committing certain acts and that it was all being covered up. Twenty odd years later many of those he named have been found guilty, and many others have been found out after their deaths.

History is what we are told happened ..... NOT necessarily what ACTUALLY happened =;

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 4, 2019, 2:18 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 4, 2019, 1:56 pm
If you ask most people round the world when the American Declaration of Independence was signed, the vast majority will say 4th July 1776, because that is what they have been taught, the fact that it wasnt is neither here nor there, that is what we have been told to believe by those in charge at the time and thats what gets taught to millions of new kids around the world every year.
OK, then, three questions for you (without looking up the answers, of course):

1) When was the Declaration of Independence actually signed?

2) What, if anything, actually happened on July 4, 1776; and why do people use that date if it's not the real date?

3) Does it make any difference? Why?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2019, 2:28 pm

1 About a month or so later
2 I think (digging the dregs of memory) its when they agreed the final draft, but might be wrong as many years since I did any American History
3) As I said its neither here or there, its just an example of things that we are TAUGHT in History, because at the time it is what they WANTED everyone to believe not what actually happened

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » November 4, 2019, 2:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 4, 2019, 2:28 pm
2 I think (digging the dregs of memory) its when they agreed the final draft, but might be wrong as many years since I did any American History
Nicely done. I'm genuinely impressed!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2019, 10:22 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 3, 2019, 7:23 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
JUMBO HADDOCK CHIPS N MUSHY PEAS 12 QUID N WORTH EVERY PENNY .. im no historian but IMO the Germans bombed Steels purely out of jealously .. go to their website and browse the menu ..not a German sausage or sewerkraut in sight.
12 bloody quid? They seen you coming mate!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2019, 11:31 am

Getting back on topic...

British Fortnite gamer FaZe Jarvis, 17, is given life-time ban for CHEATING after using forbidden hack to defeat opponents in game streamed to his 2million YouTube fans

A YouTube gamer with 2 million subscribers. I place them right up there with Instagram Influencers.

My opinion leans towards "get a haircut and get a real job" but one of the commenters in this news article absolutely nails it with:

"And Corbyn wants to give kids like this the vote ... "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ATING.html

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2019, 1:35 pm

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/disabled-brit ... 03581.html

So this "experienced" traveler thought she was being victimized because the airline took maybe a couple of days to find and deliver the missing item? Not bad for someone who has flown half-way around the world and keeping in mind time zones and actual flight times. Assuming she's flying front of the bus + two carers, maybe she can afford to charter a Gulfstream?

My experience with bags missing a stopover is 4 to 7 days. The 4 days was between Paris and Aberdeen with an LHR carrier change. From Houston, five days after going missing in San Francisco and finally catching up with me in Pattaya. The longest one was when Delta never loaded half the baggage at Atlanta! Actually, it was 5 weeks before I was reunited with that one as I had stepped offshore Brazil.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2020, 4:25 pm

Craft brewers to add alcohol-free beers to this year’s range

Why?!

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... ars-range/

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 1, 2020, 5:18 pm

That is a lead ballon for sure

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 13, 2020, 11:16 pm

I still work in the fossil fuel industry and there aint no shame as far as I am concerned. But it is sad to see Roger Federer having to delicately tiptoe around the latest ravings of the Greta the Great or whoever pulls her strings.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... a-thunberg

It will take a fair few years before I even think about having to apologize for being a successful, white, heterosexual male from a wealthy northern European country.

#GretaShutUpNow

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 14, 2020, 12:23 am

Udon Map wrote:
November 4, 2019, 2:37 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
November 4, 2019, 2:28 pm
Nicely done. I'm genuinely impressed!
Are you telling me all these years they've been paying me holiday pay and be off on July 4th and it's not even the right day for that holiday? (Sarcasm)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 14, 2020, 11:16 am

Yep ..... right up there with christmas, Easter etc etc (perhaps someone should sue the govt for extra holiday with pay on the correct day ......... backdated 50 or so years)

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 14, 2020, 2:25 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 14, 2020, 11:16 am
Yep ..... right up there with christmas, Easter etc etc (perhaps someone should sue the govt for extra holiday with pay on the correct day ......... backdated 50 or so years)
Don't be giving me any crazy ideas now.......

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 14, 2020, 2:39 pm

Well it is "The land of the sioux" little crazy horse :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 21, 2020, 3:42 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/galle ... n-pictures

Scroll and ROFLYAO...

Land of the well-armed and paranoid, home of the even better armed and more paranoid.
Last edited by tamada on January 21, 2020, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 21, 2020, 4:11 pm

Rather pathetic lot really.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 4, 2020, 12:57 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... lf-isolate

[South Korean] Immigration authorities are making no exceptions, as Nina Baeva discovered when she and her South Korean partner arrived at Incheon airport on 1 April, the day the quarantine measures went into effect.

Baeva, who has requested that her real name not be used, had flown from a European country but expected to see out the 14-day quarantine at her partner’s apartment in the capital.

“We were informed [before boarding] that we would be tested and required to quarantine at our accommodation or a government facility. We relied on the fact that we have our own accommodation [in Seoul],” Baeva, who entered the country on a 90-day visa waiver, told the Guardian.

Baeva’s partner went to his private address, while she was spending her third day at a government quarantine centre on Friday.

“I couldn’t sleep last night due to the anxiety and jet lag. I am emotionally broken. I cannot find any other way to describe my status. I am crying continuously. I am almost hoping to test positive so that I can go to a hospital.

Will somebody please go and infect this self-entitled, whiney, brain-dead, love-lorn wimp so that her dream can come true. Please?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2020, 9:26 pm

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 17, 2020, 9:35 pm

colonel sanders of kfc fame. ive long thought
that white suit/ plantation owner getup was just
asking for trouble. they're on borrowed time

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”