For crying out loud...

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: For crying out loud...

Post by Whistler » March 3, 2023, 2:22 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 3, 2023, 1:42 pm
noosard wrote:
March 3, 2023, 8:51 am
There is a debate raging online about whether it is appropriate for people in heterosexual relationships to use the word “partner” to describe their significant other.

Seems the "rainbow" people want it for their usage only
Not sure it is a raging debate, it only ranked number 10 as a hot topic in an obscure magazine. But i could be wrong, I will talk about it with my partner.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 4, 2023, 8:24 pm

tamada wrote:
October 5, 2018, 1:20 pm
Parents who won't let their son wear a skirt may have to be referred to social services, schools advised...
So this chap, Isla Bryson, attacks women then claims he's a girl and winds up in a Scottish women's prison. I wonder who the neep head was who put him there. He's with the lads now he's been convicted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63823420
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » March 5, 2023, 10:11 am

He looks better as a woman but, I guess if you stuck lippie and a blonde wig on a sheep it would be more fanciable. I'm from Yorkshire so I know.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 5, 2023, 11:13 am

Earnest wrote:
March 4, 2023, 8:24 pm
tamada wrote:
October 5, 2018, 1:20 pm
Parents who won't let their son wear a skirt may have to be referred to social services, schools advised...
So this chap, Isla Bryson, attacks women then claims he's a girl and winds up in a Scottish women's prison. I wonder who the neep head was who put him there. He's with the lads now he's been convicted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63823420
In days of yore, maybe even today, Harems were guarded by enuchs, now there is a way a man can be made safe in female prisons. !!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 6, 2023, 9:56 am

Was watching UK Gold last night. Nothing else on TV so, Dads Army, Porridge, Hi de Hi etc seemed a nice bit of escapism.

Before Porridge came on, the presenter gave a warning that "this programme includes outdated language".

Apparently a bit of banter about dropping the soap in the showers in a prison is no longer de rigueur.

Larry Grayson and John Inman must be turning in their graves if they're dead.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 6, 2023, 9:59 am

I know warnings abound but those of us who are intelligent fr54ee thinkers ignore most of them unless watched by those who feel threatened by free speech. These days it is hard to work out the snowflakes from real people

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 6, 2023, 9:52 pm

I wonder if when Mary Whitehouse was getting her knickers in a twist back in the day, she ever thought she could censor an era to such an extent that it was so devoid of fun/freedom as she has managed to do

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 7, 2023, 11:43 am

339417984_775020677309099_4716187274803391323_n.jpg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 7, 2023, 11:56 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 6, 2023, 9:59 am
I know warnings abound but those of us who are intelligent fr54ee thinkers ignore most of them unless watched by those who feel threatened by free speech. These days it is hard to work out the snowflakes from real people
So de Santis, a significant number of otherfar-right politicians banning books and area of study are all snowflakes?

How about the fascists in Italy? Snowflakes all?

You are being highly selective in your criticisms, that defines you as being anything but intelligent.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 7, 2023, 3:11 pm

Ok know it is a little old, back in 2021, but can you believe this Sh....t (Today's Rant)

6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published anymore because they portray people in ‘hurtful and wrong’ ways

Extract from Link

In a statement, Dr. Seuss Enterprises said it made the decision after consulting educators and reviewing its catalog.

“Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’s catalog represents and supports all communities and families,” it said.

But Dr. Seuss had a long history of publishing racist and anti-Semitic work, spanning back to the 1920s when he was a student at Dartmouth College. There, Dr. Seuss once drew Black boxers as gorillas and perpetuated Jewish stereotypes by portraying Jewish characters as financially stingy, according to a - Study published in the journal “Research on Diversity in Youth Literature.” =; :-k :-k A Study by who or what ? :-$ [-( [-(

That study, published in 2019, examined 50 books by Dr. Seuss and found 43 out of the 45 characters of color have “characteristics aligning with the definition of Orientalism,” or the stereotypical, offensive portrayal of Asia. The two “African” characters, the study says, both have anti-Black characteristics.

Two specific examples, according to the study, are found in the books “The Cat’s Quizzer: Are YOU Smarter Than the Cat in the Hat?” and “If I Ran the Zoo.”

“In (“The Cat’s Quizzer”), the Japanese character is referred to as ‘a Japanese,’ has a bright yellow face, and is standing on what appears to be Mt. Fuji,” the authors wrote.

Regarding “If I Ran the Zoo,” the study points out another example of Orientalism and White supremacy.

“The three (and only three) Asian characters who are not wearing conical hats are carrying a White male on their heads in ‘If I Ran the Zoo.’ The White male is not only on top of, and being carried by, these Asian characters, but he is also holding a gun, illustrating dominance. The text beneath the Asian characters describes them as ‘helpers who all wear their eyes at a slant’ from ‘countries no one can spell,’” the study authors wrote.

The study also argues that since the majority of human characters in Dr. Seuss’ books are White, his works – inadvertently or not – center Whiteness and thus perpetuate White supremacy. - [-( [-( "Thus perpetuate White supremacy" CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SH.....T

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/02/us/d ... index.html

I am happy to say that I purchased a full set of Dr. Seuss (The Wonderful World of Dr. Seuss, plus If I Ran to the Zoo) for my Thai daughter when she was 8 years to improve he desire to learn to read and write English (the characters helped her understand a lot). She hasn't developed into a White Supremacist" \:D/ as a result of her Dr. Seuss education, but does know her English. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Screenshot 2023-04-07 111001.jpg

Lets hope these idiots who do their so called Studies, do not get too carried away with their self-perceived importance [-( [-( :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 7, 2023, 4:04 pm

yet strangely enough, Margaret Sanger, found of Planned Parenthood and noted eugenecist and racist is still in the Pantheon of Progressive Gods.. You would think her condemnation of abortion would get her cancelled by itself too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2023, 3:21 pm

Buddha give us strength. [-o<
.....According to the Academy’s new regulations, which will come into effect for the 2025 Oscars, films seeking best picture nominations must meet two out of four requirements.

The requirements include having at least one lead character in the movie be from an “an underrepresented racial or ethnic group”, having at least 30% of the general ensemble cast be from at least two underrepresented groups (women, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ people or people with disabilities), or having the movie’s subject focus on one of those groups......
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/m ... e-me-vomit

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2023, 3:57 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2023, 3:21 pm
Buddha give us strength. [-o<
.....According to the Academy’s new regulations, which will come into effect for the 2025 Oscars, films seeking best picture nominations must meet two out of four requirements.

The requirements include having at least one lead character in the movie be from an “an underrepresented racial or ethnic group”, having at least 30% of the general ensemble cast be from at least two underrepresented groups (women, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ people or people with disabilities), or having the movie’s subject focus on one of those groups......
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/m ... e-me-vomit
Lunacy

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 7, 2023, 7:10 pm

Here are the actual "REPRESENTATION AND INCLUSION STANDARDS FOR OSCARS® ELIGIBILITY":

https://www.oscars.org/news/academy-est ... ligibility

Crazy. Apparently creativity now takes a back seat at the Oscars.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2023, 12:19 pm

This is Pride Month where the LGBT of the 1990's has apparently morphed into LGBTQIA+ where "the + holds space for the expanding and new understanding of different parts of the very diverse gender and sexual identities." Bit of a hijack there but that's just my opinion. So it's a 'holding space". Got that?

While you're holding that space, up in Canada, they've already gone two-steps beyond and it's all about 2SLGBTQIA+ which is "an acronym that stands for Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, and additional sexual orientations and gender identities."

So wondering if the 'two-spirits' were anything I like to drink of an evening, research led me to the following: "Two-Spirit is a modern umbrella term used by some Indigenous people on Turtle Island (what is referred to as North American) to describe gender-variant individuals in their communities. It is a term that should only be used by Indigenous people."

So it's now 2SLGBTQIA+

Turtle Islanders. Got that?

Blaire White, arguably the most popular trans political commentator on YouTube, says that the acronym is more like a wi-fi password than anything she can identify with.

Despite the "Indigenous people" ONLY admonishment, the Canadian PM has gone all out 2SLGBTQIA+ and sometimes gets the 'password' right when speaking about it in public.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 7, 2023, 12:45 pm

If you really want to understand the LGBT movement and how it is connected to the far-left's agenda to destroy America and other nations of the world, then you have got to see this new documentary that was just released on June 3rd called THE GREAT AWAKENING. The link to the site is below. I would advise you to first move the timing slider to 1 hour 34 minutes exactly to avoid having to sit through ads and other prelims and get right into the movie, then click the arrow to begin the video. I promise you that your eyes will be opened like never before. If you are not "awake" after viewing this video, then there is little hope for you going forward.

https://thehighwire.com/thegreatawakeni ... pqajL1v27M
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 7, 2023, 2:09 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
June 7, 2023, 12:45 pm
If you really want to understand the LGBT movement and how it is connected to the far-left's agenda to destroy America and other nations of the world, then you have got to see this new documentary that was just released on June 3rd called THE GREAT AWAKENING. The link to the site is below. I would advise you to first move the timing slider to 1 hour 34 minutes exactly to avoid having to sit through ads and other prelims and get right into the movie, then click the arrow to begin the video. I promise you that your eyes will be opened like never before. If you are not "awake" after viewing this video, then there is little hope for you going forward.

https://thehighwire.com/thegreatawakeni ... pqajL1v27M
Where is any difference to this 'production' to any of the other long-standing conspiracy publications in the past few years? It is simply restating misinformation that is not accepted by society who dismiss this as just another set of nutters spewing misinformation.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 7, 2023, 2:13 pm

After looking at other data I would say the the USA aint doing so bad with poverty levels
USA 11.6%
UK 21%
Canada 6.4%
Australia 13.6%
These people who turn out these films, automatically assume in that the people are doomed right away. Not one will tell us what is an acceptable level of poverty, not one tells how to rid our society of poverty. I say this because some choose to live in this manner.
This poverty has been with us for hundreds of years. Wars have been with us for hundreds of years, Famine has been with us for hundreds of years.
So is it time to accept these levels and move onto other problems

According to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, it would cost $20 billion to end homelessness in the United States. That is a big number, yes, but let’s put it into perspective:

Americans spend $19 billion a year on appliances that aren’t unplugged.
Americans spend more than $35 billion a year on gym memberships.
The US government spent around $718 billion on its military in 2019 alone.

The priorities are not set properly

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 7, 2023, 2:18 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 7, 2023, 2:09 pm

Where is any difference to this 'production' to any of the other long-standing conspiracy publications in the past few years? It is simply restating misinformation that is not accepted by society who dismiss this as just another set of nutters spewing misinformation.
Tell that to the Governments of Uganda and, I think, Kenya, and perhaps as many as 30 African countries also ban same sex sexual relationships.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/3/2 ... n-as-lgbtq
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 7, 2023, 2:43 pm

I think quite a few countries still strictly regulate SS hook ups .. in fact i came across this vid from the USA in the 1960s and thought it was a meme but tiz actually real and the guy was areal cop in this service announcement like vid...

viewer decretion is advised it contains NO PROFANITIES but other strange language some may deem offensive in 2023 also lots of great images of old cars and stuff...the last few minutes of the vid are head shaking...this has to be fake :shock: ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9QuSCZUoC8

Whilst i see little wrong with a bit ov slap n tickle with a laby boy call me old fashioned but i cant get my head round all these perminant same s e x marriages etc ... its just not reet which ever perMUTATION it is... very confusing with all these different genders , trans and pronoun checkers etc etc whatever happened to regular a husband /man .. n wife / woman.

Strange world we find our self in.

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on June 7, 2023, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”