Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1658
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by RLTrader » February 19, 2019, 6:29 pm

Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Willing to challenge positions sacrosanct to Republicans, he's hit a winning formula with today's conservatives.
By Alan Pell Crawford • February 26, 2018

A long read

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... primetime/



User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 1103
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by Giggle » February 20, 2019, 12:18 am

Nice article. I don't listen to Carlson much, but he seems to share my values.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4311
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by tamada » August 9, 2019, 9:42 am

Giggle wrote:
February 20, 2019, 12:18 am
Nice article. I don't listen to Carlson much, but he seems to share my values.
5 baht?

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5440
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by GT93 » August 9, 2019, 10:52 am

I understand he's a big player in US Middle East policy. As important as John Bolton. :shock:
#IstandwithPaulParker

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4311
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by tamada » August 9, 2019, 9:50 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 9, 2019, 10:52 am
I understand he's a big player in US Middle East policy. As important as John Bolton. :shock:
Bigger than Trump's son-in-law?

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5440
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by GT93 » August 10, 2019, 9:23 am

No, I think not. Bill O'Reilly, another pretty wealthy sexual predator, might be getting envious of Tucker.
#IstandwithPaulParker

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4311
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by tamada » August 11, 2019, 1:13 pm

Giggle wrote:
February 20, 2019, 12:18 am
Nice article. I don't listen to Carlson much, but he seems to share my values.
Just for you then... https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... cy/595789/

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 1103
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by Giggle » August 11, 2019, 1:19 pm

White supremacy is “not a real problem in America.”

I agree with that sentiment 100 percent. He's right. It's a weak diversion from the real issue which we can't talk about here. There are snowflakes dying to be oppressed.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5440
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by GT93 » August 12, 2019, 2:07 am

Come on Giggle. If you word the issue appropriately you should be fine.

I don't think Carlson is correct. The issue is more how significant a problem is white supremacy.
#IstandwithPaulParker

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4311
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by tamada » August 12, 2019, 7:51 pm

Giggle wrote:
August 11, 2019, 1:19 pm
White supremacy is “not a real problem in America.”

I agree with that sentiment 100 percent. He's right. It's a weak diversion from the real issue which we can't talk about here. There are snowflakes dying to be oppressed.
Stop hiding your blight under a bushel. You can talk freely. You are among friends here.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5440
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by GT93 » August 13, 2019, 2:02 am

Steady on. That might be a going a bit far. :lol:

Let rip Giggle. Share your thoughts.
#IstandwithPaulParker

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 701
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by pipoz4444 » January 23, 2020, 11:13 am

You may not like him or agree with anything he say's but Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is around $6 million and he reportedly signed a $10 million book deal a few years back

According to an article in Celebrity Net Worth, his show (for whatever reason) is consistently the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot, with average nightly viewership of 3.4 million and that he has more viewers than his CNN and MSNBC counterparts combined.

Right, wrong or indifferent, enough people must watch his TV show, for him to be paid so well

pipoz4444

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4311
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by tamada » January 24, 2020, 10:29 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 23, 2020, 11:13 am
You may not like him or agree with anything he say's but Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is around $6 million and he reportedly signed a $10 million book deal a few years back

According to an article in Celebrity Net Worth, his show (for whatever reason) is consistently the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot, with average nightly viewership of 3.4 million and that he has more viewers than his CNN and MSNBC counterparts combined.

Right, wrong or indifferent, enough people must watch his TV show, for him to be paid so well

pipoz4444
So the salary is some sort of indication of how respected he is?

Tucker who?

BTW, Jim Lehrer, the legendary debate moderator and former anchor of the "NewsHour" television program, died yesterday. He was 85.

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 1753
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by glalt » January 25, 2020, 12:50 am

tamada wrote:
January 24, 2020, 10:29 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
January 23, 2020, 11:13 am
You may not like him or agree with anything he say's but Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is around $6 million and he reportedly signed a $10 million book deal a few years back

According to an article in Celebrity Net Worth, his show (for whatever reason) is consistently the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot, with average nightly viewership of 3.4 million and that he has more viewers than his CNN and MSNBC counterparts combined.

Right, wrong or indifferent, enough people must watch his TV show, for him to be paid so well

pipoz4444
So the salary is some sort of indication of how respected he is?

Tucker who?

BTW, Jim Lehrer, the legendary debate moderator and former anchor of the "NewsHour" television program, died yesterday. He was 85.
I guess that we should feel sorry for you if the truth hurts you that much.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4311
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by tamada » January 25, 2020, 3:16 am

glalt wrote:
January 25, 2020, 12:50 am
tamada wrote:
January 24, 2020, 10:29 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
January 23, 2020, 11:13 am
You may not like him or agree with anything he say's but Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is around $6 million and he reportedly signed a $10 million book deal a few years back

According to an article in Celebrity Net Worth, his show (for whatever reason) is consistently the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot, with average nightly viewership of 3.4 million and that he has more viewers than his CNN and MSNBC counterparts combined.

Right, wrong or indifferent, enough people must watch his TV show, for him to be paid so well

pipoz4444
So the salary is some sort of indication of how respected he is?

Tucker who?

BTW, Jim Lehrer, the legendary debate moderator and former anchor of the "NewsHour" television program, died yesterday. He was 85.
I guess that we should feel sorry for you if the truth hurts you that much.
Tucker who?

What truth?

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4311
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by tamada » January 25, 2020, 5:08 am

To jog my memories of Peterhead Academy history lessons, I googled Paladin to make sure I had the right guy. Came up with:

"a knight renowned for heroism and chivalry."

Then I googled up Tucker who? and got:

"a hack renowned for rhetoric and chauvinism."

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10848
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by jackspratt » January 25, 2020, 10:48 am

Richard Boone would seem to have more credibility than Tucker who? .... and far more entertaining.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 466
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by Kenr6583 » January 25, 2020, 10:55 am

jackspratt wrote:
January 25, 2020, 10:48 am
Richard Boone would seem to have more credibility than Tucker who? .... and far more entertaining.
Have Gun Will Travel Richard Boone?

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10848
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by jackspratt » January 25, 2020, 11:09 am

Connect the dots...........

User avatar
trekkertony
udonmap.com
Posts: 531
Joined: November 28, 2007, 4:25 am
Location: Australia

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by trekkertony » January 25, 2020, 4:03 pm

Tamada would you care to share the resource that you quoted to provide the description of Tucker Carlson?

Post Reply

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”