UK News

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: UK News

Post by tamada » May 23, 2020, 8:48 pm

Basically Dominic Cummings and his wife drove about 260 miles to find a babysitter early in the UK travel lockdown in March.

His wife was already sick with what eventually was Covid-19 and he reckoned he was going to succumb to it shortly thereafter (he did). They has concerns about care for their 4 year-old son in the event they both fell ill.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2020, 8:51 pm

Ok thanks Tam .. so nowt to meant owt really then !! .. i though it must ov been a more serious offence with Statts calling for the death penalty.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2020, 8:57 pm

no different from the Labour minister swanning about quaffing fish n chips .. statts missed that , and strangely no calls for for him to be crucified ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11608940/ ... ps-picnic/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2020, 9:14 pm

Much being made of the fact the the Scottish Medical Advisor and the SAGE member both flaunting the same rules and falling on their respective swords. Both of them were uninfected whereas Dom and his missus ultimately were.

Apparently there's evidence that his wife who, through her articles for her employer The Spectator, maintained an illusion of the family still being locked down in London. Some questions arising if Boris or his cabinet were aware of this since you can attend a Zoom meeting or virtual cabinet from anywhere.

Apart from the initial "no problem" missive from #10, Gove, Raab and Sunak have all made public statements of support.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 23, 2020, 11:18 pm

Lockdown Rule number one if you have or suspect that either you or a family member has symptoms you should not leave your home for any reason.

Not got a leg to stand on ............ Resign or sack

PS why was he so worried about the welfare of his son? Didn't have a phone to ring for help if needed?
I can understand that he would not have any friends to help out near his home but perhaps his wife did
He's the one telling teachers and kids its perfectly safe to send them all back to school on June 1
One rule for etc etc etc

Disgraceful the way Raab and the others are trying to defend the undefendable

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 24, 2020, 12:21 am

dunroaming wrote:
May 23, 2020, 7:52 pm

What shop did you get yours in, night market or
yes , preecha mkt has them utrinque paratus
and cans of archa descending from sky below
a billowing chute. it's breathtaking to be honest

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 24, 2020, 12:50 am

He has to go. He should also face a criminal sanction. A fine, or whatever is usually imposed. The British elite failed to take the Coronavirus sufficiently seriously and as a result over 100,000 mainly elderly Brits will die. The figure might go over 200,000 in the next few years unless better countermeasures are imposed. It's critical the public is largely onside.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 24, 2020, 4:41 am

thanks gt93 , for not fiendishly attributing the content of your post, as something i said . you're
a stand-up bloke . everyone on agreement here

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 24, 2020, 8:00 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 23, 2020, 8:02 pm
AlexO wrote:
May 23, 2020, 4:13 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
May 23, 2020, 4:03 pm
Demonic Cummings oh dear what a pity ...... *rsrehole
And this is from your personal knowledge of the guy or just you slavishly following the writings in the Libtard press? If he did what he is accused of however, he should seriously consider his position.

Nobody needs any personal knowledge ......... he doesnt deny it.

He has to go, the only question is, who else knew, and how many he takes down with him?
Just because he shows obvious distain for ass wipe civil servants, useless politicians and the gutter press he becomes the devil incarnate. There must be something good about him if the LIBTARD press and their sheep followers hate him so much.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2020, 8:24 am

AlexO wrote:
May 24, 2020, 8:00 am
stattointhailand wrote:
May 23, 2020, 8:02 pm
AlexO wrote:
May 23, 2020, 4:13 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
May 23, 2020, 4:03 pm
Demonic Cummings oh dear what a pity ...... *rsrehole
And this is from your personal knowledge of the guy or just you slavishly following the writings in the Libtard press? If he did what he is accused of however, he should seriously consider his position.

Nobody needs any personal knowledge ......... he doesnt deny it.

He has to go, the only question is, who else knew, and how many he takes down with him?
Just because he shows obvious distain for ass wipe civil servants, useless politicians and the gutter press he becomes the devil incarnate. There must be something good about him if the LIBTARD press and their sheep followers hate him so much.
The only reason people are calling for his head is they hate him Boris and the tories so much ..Q .. the sad brexit loosers , SNP and labour ministers even those who broke the lockdown regs and got caught .

Cummings is not just yer average Jo .. hes in a powerful position so his movement details are not the same as fred bloggs .. with the high ranking tories gathering round to cover his arse im guessing he wont resign tho i may be wrong and possibly hes had enough of all the bollocks and wants out n this was his chosen route .. he is a smart cookie after all.. isnt he

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2020, 8:30 am

^^ Good grief, the name calling and pigeonholing has started early today. Whistler hasn't even got dressed for church yet, mech's been up all night and just cracked another bottle of turps while saint is stooping to ask the UM peons for travel advice (just do it).

What with DM going walkabout, it's a weird old Sunday already, eh?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 24, 2020, 10:55 am

Bojo staying very quiet

Too busy changing nappies?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 11:19 am

He refuses to resign and he berated the journalists for not keeping a safe distance from each other. The latest polls I'm seeing on Twitter are in favour of him keeping his job.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 11:31 am

Hahahaha! A poll by the extreme left Momentum, love it!
Attachments
20200524_112158.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 11:40 am

Really not seeing much support for the leftard, remoaners point of view re Cummings departure apart from the Leftard, remoaner press and those who read it, so not many.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 24, 2020, 1:01 pm

Just wait a little bit Vince ......... there are still 50% of ministers who have not yet backed him (inc the Chief Whip)

Bojo between a rock & hard place ....... if he doesnt sack him he backs deliberate refusal to follow his lockdown laws, and if he does now sack him it will be the second time in a week he has been forced to do a 180% about turn

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 1:09 pm

Why will he sack him when the polls say there's no public appetite for it, clutching at straws Stats?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 24, 2020, 1:13 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 24, 2020, 12:50 am
He has to go. He should also face a criminal sanction. A fine, or whatever is usually imposed. The British elite failed to take the Coronavirus sufficiently seriously and as a result over 100,000 mainly elderly Brits will die. The figure might go over 200,000 in the next few years unless better countermeasures are imposed. It's critical the public is largely onside.
Where exactly are you getting these forecast figures from ? Or did you just pluck them from your harris .
You seem obsessed with death .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 24, 2020, 1:21 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 24, 2020, 1:01 pm

Bojo between a rock & hard place ....... if he doesnt sack him he backs deliberate refusal to follow his lockdown laws, and if he does now sack him it will be the second time in a week he has been forced to do a 180% about turn
I'm sure BoJo will recognise both the principle, and the precedent, and send him on his way - unless of course, Cummings does so first, and falls on his sword.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 24, 2020, 1:23 pm

mech_401 wrote:
May 24, 2020, 4:41 am
thanks gt93 , for not fiendishly attributing the content of your post, as something i said . you're
a stand-up bloke . everyone on agreement here
Please don't get distracted by me. I'm not your target in this thread. You're chasing down the British ex-pats.

The UK, well perhaps I should write England, is going to struggle to function as team against the Covid 19 pandemic if elites can thumb their noses at the rules applying to others. The more Brits on the same hymn sheet (e.g following social distancing rules) the better. Sacking him holds the hymn sheet together and boy is that needed.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”