crawling under each others skin

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
kopkei
udonmap.com

crawling under each others skin

Post by kopkei » May 19, 2020, 4:31 pm

what is going on here on udonmap ?, so many members crawling under each others skin , and spitting sh*t (sorry) to each other ? , accept we are all different and a forum is made to help each other out not piss on each other ? or maybe i am thinking wrong? :(

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: crawling under each others skin

Post by maaka » May 19, 2020, 4:50 pm

Nah your right Kopkei..Its been going down since covid came on the scene, and the US elections..
its like half the members have cabin fever, or something, or perhaps beer and bar withdrawals syptoms what with the lockdown and all... and them elections things are worse than an English football match, I tell ya, where they have to fence supporters off from each other, or else, and its only a game..I mean to say..I stick to tractors and nuts and bolts, even though I am considered a knowledgeable bloke with a wide range of useless information..

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 19, 2020, 5:04 pm

Some of it is just banter, we slate each other on here and then chat with each other on Line etc but there are one or two that irritate me (and others) witless and bring out the worst. But of course you're right, i for one shall make more of an effort and rein in some of my responses/retaliations.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2020, 6:15 pm

The pantywaists, featherweights and otherwise easily offended used to use the "Foe" option last year when things got too testy. Is the option still available?

Asking for a friend.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2020, 6:48 pm

Bound to be a bit of raised hair on forums sometimes ...touchy subjects like politics , religion and footy combined with a mish mash of nationalities ,opinions , operational brain cells all play a factor ... dont think UM is that bad really ..it used to be a lot worse if i recall correctly.

A nice calming musical interlude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1AHec7 ... adio=1&t=5

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 19, 2020, 6:59 pm

To be fair the only posts that unites us all are the reports of Udon's favouritest, most dynamic intersection, where would be be without the details of essential travel?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 19, 2020, 7:58 pm

Its a shame there are some nasty members giving abuse and putting people down.
I often need some info on a subject.But for fear of being ridiculed, refrain to do.
Why these people so aggressive in nature? I dont understand.
I use this forum as a form of useful information and interest.
To be called a "Piece of nonsense" Just because I had a view about Royal family!
Not nice. What kind of people are these?

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 19, 2020, 8:07 pm

CHOI CHOI, don t take it personally, this sh..t-mud throwing has been going on for years, i might be worst now.
There will always be the smart a... who think they know it all, just ignore them..
Choi Choi, keep posting your requests and answers, they might help a lot of other members.
Cheers
Stay safe.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 19, 2020, 8:12 pm

I agree,
Go for it.
Lots of us need this forum

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 19, 2020, 8:16 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 19, 2020, 6:59 pm
To be fair the only posts that unites us all are the reports of Udon's favouritest, most dynamic intersection, where would be be without the details of essential travel?
Poor me I'm still trying to work out where that junction is, would love to sit there all day and watch the action always something exciting going on

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » May 19, 2020, 10:52 pm

Udon map is not the same as it used to be, when I first joined people were much more civil and helpful. In the most part it seemed like a different breed back then, today we have a lot of whiners and sarcastic people that won't accept others opinions and would rather play the keyboard warrior. Many members from awhile ago have gone which is sad, some have passed away and others have got fed up or banned because they did not fit in with the current climate on here. Like Thailand Udon map has changed a lot and not for the better.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 20, 2020, 6:14 am

jai yen yen wrote:
May 19, 2020, 10:52 pm
Udon map is not the same as it used to be, when I first joined people were much more civil and helpful. In the most part it seemed like a different breed back then, today we have a lot of whiners and sarcastic people that won't accept others opinions and would rather play the keyboard warrior. Many members from awhile ago have gone which is sad, some have passed away and others have got fed up or banned because they did not fit in with the current climate on here. Like Thailand Udon map has changed a lot and not for the better.
Whatever happened to Bob Helm he kept many in check yes sadly there's alot passed on from here but a bit of banter is fun till it gets out of control

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 6:39 am

^ Whatever happened to punctuation?

My response above is an example of a post or comment that could be seen as humorous by some, sarcastic, off-topic or smart arsed by others. It could also labeled as trolling.

I just hope dunroaming's keyboard gets well soon.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 20, 2020, 6:53 am

tamada wrote:
May 20, 2020, 6:39 am
^ Whatever happened to punctuation?

My response above is an example of a post or comment that could be seen as humorous by some, sarcastic, off-topic or smart arsed by others. It could also labeled as trolling.

I just hope dunroaming's keyboard gets well soon.

If anyone gets seriously upset by your posts they should block you, personally I enjoy sparring with you and in the main consider it banter, it would be pretty boring if we just spent all day agreeing with each other which of course won’t happen, we all quite rightly have different opinions on things.

You forgot to mention a lot of your posts are horse$hit...

P.S. Did I pass the punctuation test master?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 7:14 am

^ You seriously need to get over yourself vince. Do you want to borrow my ladder?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2020, 7:18 am

Time for a musical interlude gents .. one of my favs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9mEFn38to

DM

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 20, 2020, 7:20 am

tamada wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:14 am
^ You seriously need to get over yourself vince. Do you want to borrow my ladder?
Is it a big one! I need to clear the gutters before rainy season really starts, lastly can you deliver then I could pass on the Vince if he comes and collects it. \:D/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 20, 2020, 7:22 am

tamada wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:14 am
Tammy, capitals should be used for names and a comma would be far more appropriate than a full stop. No, I already have plenty including one of those rather rickety 6m bamboo ones as used by 3bb.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2020, 7:31 am

Hey come on guys leave Tam alone hes having climbing issues waiting for his non essential weekly AC man cave Henieken illegal gathering near my intersection to come around.... my sauces tell me its very soon :lol: :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 20, 2020, 7:36 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:31 am
Hey come on guys leave Tam alone hes having climbing issues waiting for his non essential weekly AC man cave Henieken illegal gathering near my intersection to come around.... my sauces tell me its very soon :lol: :lol:
Well let’s face it, it’s a bit dim picking someone up on their punctuation when their own is so crap... (ellipsis have three dots), sow and ye shall reap.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”