America's history

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: America's history

Post by semperfiguy » September 22, 2020, 6:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
September 22, 2020, 4:37 pm
The fact that you are comparing % of Blacks, % of Latino's, % of White just highlights the problem.

100% of PEOPLE on welfare are "on welfare" doesnt matter a sh*t if they are Black/White or Orange with purple spots. Until it stops being "them" and "us" the racists will always win [-X
Stattointhailand, I don't see this as a race issue, and there is no reason to bring racism into the equation. Please look at it from this perspective: The US is one big dysfunctional family, and I think all of us can relate to that since most of us come from a dysfunctional family in one way or another. The US government is the Mom/Dad of 4 male siblings named White, Brown, Black and Yellow, which represents their respective population units within the US (leaving out other smaller minority for purposes of simplification). If one sibling is not carrying his weight and is mooching off Mom and Dad and taking resources from the rest of the family, and is continually committing crimes against his other siblings, then that sibling has to be dealt with much more strongly than his brothers who are doing the same to a much lesser degree. That sibling has to be held to account for his actions and his course needs to be corrected, less he continue to be an emotional and financial drain on the entire family and the other three siblings hold him in great contempt. Just please tell me....what family unit would allow this to take place without some kind of intervention?

I can make this analogy because I come from a dysfunctional family with a sister that did the very same thing to our family, and I put a stop to it when my father passed away. It was tearing our family apart, and now there is finally cohesion in our family. Therefore, if the problem with sibling Black is not addressed, he will continue to tear his family, The United States, apart. It doesn't have to be made into a race issue. It's a social issue and the solution has to start within the Black community as they take responsibility for their shortcomings and demonstrate a desire to repent and fix their own selves first. The root of racism is a simple lack of trust and respect that one race has for another, and we all know that trust and respect is not given lightly and has to be earned! Sadly, organizations like BLM are taking the Black community in just the opposite direction and driving the issue of contempt against the Blacks.

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 22, 2020, 6:12 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
September 22, 2020, 4:53 pm
jackspratt wrote:
September 22, 2020, 2:18 pm
Semper, based on your numbers, there are only 1,016,000 not on welfare.

At least a million are accounted for in my post, and assuming many of those in jobs as stated have families which they are supporting, your numbers are very shaky.

But if you are confident they are correct, please give your sources (links) from the internet so they can be fact checked ie verified.

You pulled me back in Jackspratt, but only for this bit of resource. This comes directly from Broward County's Oldest and Largest African American Owned and Operated Newspaper, so I doubt that it is lying about the figures. You can take these Welfare figures and compare it against total population figures for the US Whites and Blacks. My figures are in the ballpark.

https://thewestsidegazette.com/finally- ... ny-whites/
Just saying African american is so Karen ,get over your privalidged self . if in the UK I said black English or black british people would look at me as being a neo Nazi . any deferential in numbers shows nothing but how much racism is endemic in a society .God judges people not by skin colour , your the worst kind of christian .self righteous bigotry. Putrid sermons on the sin of not being white . if there is a heaven you are not going there for sure . better see your own sins and learn to love thy fellow man ,up to god to judge not you..... If you believe in that sort of thing that is.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 22, 2020, 6:22 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 22, 2020, 6:12 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
jackspratt wrote:

At least a million are accounted for in my post, and assuming many of those in jobs as stated have families which they are supporting, your numbers are very shaky.

But if you are confident they are correct, please give your sources (links) from the internet so they can be fact checked ie verified.

You pulled me back in Jackspratt, but only for this bit of resource. This comes directly from Broward County's Oldest and Largest African American Owned and Operated Newspaper, so I doubt that it is lying about the figures. You can take these Welfare figures and compare it against total population figures for the US Whites and Blacks. My figures are in the ballpark.

Just saying African american is so Karen ,get over your privalidged self . if in the UK I said black English or black british people would look at me as being a neo Nazi . any deferential in numbers shows nothing but how much racism is endemic in a society .God judges people not by skin colour , your the worst kind of christian .self righteous bigotry. Putrid sermons on the sin of not being white . if there is a heaven you are not going there for sure . better see your own sins and learn to love thy fellow man ,up to god to judge not you..... If you believe in that sort of thing that is.

I appreciate your comment Papafarang, but open the link and you will see that this terminology of African (Black) American comes directly from the Black owned publishers of The Westside Gazette and not from me. Look directly under the name of the newspaper at the top of the page. I guess they're just biased against themselves then by your own definition. Don't drink the Kool-aid my friend and buy into this white Christian privilege non-sense. It's nothing more than an ill-contrived and deceptive major talking point of the liberal left in it's efforts to stir up a race war in their attempt to take back control in the United States....and in other Western countries.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 22, 2020, 7:41 pm

Maybe we shoukd keep one's faith, especially Christianity, out of this particular debate? I think it is rather irrelevant since black American's have an immense faith in God and redemption that was ignited by the dire situation they found themselves as slaves in a strange land. I would hope that white Christians would agree.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 22, 2020, 7:54 pm

It's pretty clear that the USA was built on the back of black slavery, and is now falling apart on the back of hypocritical, uncritical and racist white christianity.

What else could possibly explain a POS like Donald Trump?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 22, 2020, 8:16 pm

Jackspratt
Ding Ding Ding Round one

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 22, 2020, 8:29 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 22, 2020, 7:54 pm
It's pretty clear that the USA was built on the back of black slavery, and is now falling apart on the back of hypocritical, uncritical and racist white christianity.

What else could possibly explain a POS like Donald Trump?
Guess you don't know Jack.... about U.S. slavery and what built the U.S. Guess black christianty must be racist too.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 22, 2020, 9:44 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
September 22, 2020, 6:22 pm
papafarang wrote:
September 22, 2020, 6:12 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
jackspratt wrote:

I appreciate your comment Papafarang, but open the link and you will see that this terminology of African (Black) American comes directly from the Black owned publishers of The Westside Gazette and not from me. Look directly under the name of the newspaper at the top of the page. I guess they're just biased against themselves then by your own definition. Don't drink the Kool-aid my friend and buy into this white Christian privilege non-sense. It's nothing more than an ill-contrived and deceptive major talking point of the liberal left in it's efforts to stir up a race war in their attempt to take back control in the United States....and in other Western countries.
Think back to why they call themselves black . we're not just on about slavery .after slavery what then ? Racial segregated society ,Jim crow laws , no voice . if you create a racially divided society what do you think they should not do ? Not Create a newspaper for black people ? Like black people are uppity wanting a voice in the world. Its not like the mainstream were interested in the black reading populous ,after all keeping them illiterate so they couldn't vote was the aim . the whole history has been about discrimination. Look at the Vietnam war . only 11% of Americans were black, but nearly 17% of the forces were black, the also suffered a disproportionate amount of casualties because of this. Was it because they were eager to volunteer ? . america engineered the society it has now. But of course the easy answer is to blame black people , they wanted segregation ,they just loved being the bottom of society .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 23, 2020, 12:37 am

and the white english chanting " monkeys" at footy games are to be held aloft as examples of
educated men who embrace all races & creeds

i can assure you , this doesn't happen in u.s. nor
other blatant forms of racism. why aren't asians
being picked on by police? why no latino lives M ?

blacks arrested at a disproportional rate because committing crimes at disproportional rate. lets
solve that problem and stop calling it racism

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 23, 2020, 1:04 am

source guardian.co.uk

this is interesting. in a study of the 55 ethnic minorities in two chambers of the 1,300 strong
english parliment(about 3%) half said they'd been
victims of institutional racism and even in 2020
were still restricted from dining, drinking and restroom areas of the whites. you can't make
this stuff up. it's positively middle ages thinking

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 23, 2020, 5:31 pm

And there was me thinking we were talking american history .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 23, 2020, 6:37 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 23, 2020, 5:31 pm
' Look at the Vietnam war . only 11% of Americans were black, but nearly 17% of the forces were black, the also suffered a disproportionate amount of casualties because of this.' That is not much of a difference, is it? Who were the others involved in the Vietnam War? Did the Vietnamese suffer more deaths and more involvement than black Americans? Who were the other Americans involved in this War: Mohawks, Hispanics, Commanche, Asian-Americans, Apaches, whites? How do the percentages work out for them?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 23, 2020, 7:11 pm

" That is not much of a difference, is it? Who were the others involved in the Vietnam War? Did the Vietnamese suffer more deaths and more involvement than black Americans? Who were the other Americans involved in this War: Mohawks, Hispanics, Commanche, Asian-Americans, Apaches, whites? How do the percentages work out for them?"

Too many questions and no answers. Getback to us when you have researched.
(It sounded like a weekend Class assignment)
Maybe one of the reasons People of Color suffered more of the injuries and casulties is because they were on the front line as compared to Officers.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 23, 2020, 8:26 pm

mech_401 wrote:
September 23, 2020, 12:37 am
and the white english chanting " monkeys" at footy games are to be held aloft as examples of
educated men who embrace all races & creeds

i can assure you , this doesn't happen in u.s. nor
other blatant forms of racism. why aren't asians
being picked on by police? why no latino lives M ?

blacks arrested at a disproportional rate because committing crimes at disproportional rate. lets
solve that problem and stop calling it racism
I do recall my dearly departed buddy, a decorated Vietnam veteran (most shot down American flyer of that theater), leaping to his feet at Reliance Stadium when a Houston Texans defensive back of African-American heritage made an interception and bellowing, "Run n----- Run!" to the collective amusement and laughter of most of those in earshot.

But I digress...

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 23, 2020, 8:57 pm

and i know that's a load of bollocks story because
that person would've been more than likely, been beaten down in stands. really tamada. now fibbing

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 23, 2020, 9:00 pm

and of all the protagonists you could have chosen
for your embellished tale, servicemen above all
others are usually the last to show bigotry/ prejudice

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 23, 2020, 9:53 pm

tamada wrote:
September 23, 2020, 8:26 pm
I do recall my dearly departed buddy, a decorated Vietnam veteran (most shot down American flyer of that theater), leaping to his feet at Reliance Stadium when a Houston Texans defensive back of African-American heritage made an interception and bellowing, "Run n----- Run!" to the collective amusement and laughter of most of those in earshot.
mech_401 wrote:
September 23, 2020, 8:57 pm
and i know that's a load of bollocks story because that person would've been more than likely, been beaten down in stands. really tamada. now fibbing
Not necessarily. I was in a courthouse (in the U.S.) a number of years ago standing in the hallway talking to some friends. Another lawyer we knew shouted at us from a bit down the hall, "Hey, guys, which courtroom is the head n----- in today?" referring to the Chief Justice of that court at the time, who was black. One of my friends responded, "Turn around and introduce yourself to him." Yes, the judge was standing behind the guy.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 24, 2020, 3:43 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 23, 2020, 6:37 pm
papafarang wrote:
September 23, 2020, 5:31 pm
' Look at the Vietnam war . only 11% of Americans were black, but nearly 17% of the forces were black, the also suffered a disproportionate amount of casualties because of this.' That is not much of a difference, is it? Who were the others involved in the Vietnam War? Did the Vietnamese suffer more deaths and more involvement than black Americans? Who were the other Americans involved in this War: Mohawks, Hispanics, Commanche, Asian-Americans, Apaches, whites? How do the percentages work out for them?
Well I don't know , you could look the numbers up . just type in military history of black american troops in Vietnam , as that was what I was talking about . my bad I did get the numbers wrong ,apologies to all those who got offended.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 24, 2020, 4:15 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 23, 2020, 7:11 pm
Maybe one of the reasons People of Color suffered more of the injuries and casulties is because they were on the front line as compared to Officers.
Yep 23% of combat troops were people of colour . plenty of racial discrimination going on .
But my point is the history of racial bigotry in america has created a culture within a culture. Even I modern times you just have to look at american TV to realise this , programs for blacks ,programs for whites ,films for blacks ,films for whites.
A case of art imitating life.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 24, 2020, 6:20 am

mech_401 wrote:
September 23, 2020, 8:57 pm
and i know that's a load of bollocks story because
that person would've been more than likely, been beaten down in stands. really tamada. now fibbing
Unfortunately, you weren't there. We were in a corporate VIP box so maybe they didn't see it as anything to "beat down" on?

Anyway, thanks for allowing us to lurch off topic on your "meanwhile in London" deflection. The topic is America's history.

Ta
tam
Last edited by tamada on September 24, 2020, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”