Abortion

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Re: Abortion

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 1:46 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 6, 2021, 7:07 am
Giggle wrote:
December 5, 2021, 7:39 pm
It's called murder. Panty-wearing libby pansies just crumble at the mere thought of putting to death a mass murderer, but have no qualms about murdering helpless babies. This provides insight to their moral compass. Liberalism is a disease.
The disconnect among Leftists is even greater when considering their outrage over school shootings (which are abhorrent to any moral person) and the fact that before 9am every day, Planned Parenthood murders more babies than any of those school shootings.

And Planned Parenthood does it EVERY DAY with the assistance of tax revenue from US taxpayers.
Well said Declan and Giggle! What's ironic to me is that the left often cite Europe as such a great example for everything but ignore the fact that nearly all European countries outlaw abortion after the 1st Trimester and NONE allow abortion after 20 weeks yet we have many states that allow it after 26 weeks even when it's clear that the baby is alive as it could be born prematurely and live at like 21 weeks.

“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 7, 2021, 2:55 am

Women like to say it is their body and they can do what they want. The baby in a pregnant woman is another person living inside her and not her body. if people took the time to see what abortions were really like they would have a different opinion as well. Babies aborted but still alive left to die, absolutely barbaric behavior for a civilized society.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 7, 2021, 6:18 am

The argument is basically about when the foetus becomes a person. Given we're discussing this in a largely US context, what's the trend on abortion numbers in the US? Rising or falling? If young people are having less sex, perhaps abortion numbers are declining.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 7, 2021, 9:13 am

Teacher Dan wrote:
December 7, 2021, 1:46 am
...... What's ironic to me is that the left often cite Europe as such a great example for everything but ignore the fact that nearly all European countries outlaw abortion after the 1st Trimester and NONE allow abortion after 20 weeks.....
I guess you have a credible link to support these statements.

These credible links tend to support the fact they are not correct. Nothing to do with left or right.

https://reproductiverights.org/european ... verview-0/

https://reproductiverights.org/sites/de ... review.pdf

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2021, 10:10 am

Teacher Dan wrote:
Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 6, 2021, 7:07 am
Giggle wrote:
December 5, 2021, 7:39 pm
It's called murder. Panty-wearing libby pansies just crumble at the mere thought of putting to death a mass murderer, but have no qualms about murdering helpless babies. This provides insight to their moral compass. Liberalism is a disease.
The disconnect among Leftists is even greater when considering their outrage over school shootings (which are abhorrent to any moral person) and the fact that before 9am every day, Planned Parenthood murders more babies than any of those school shootings.

And Planned Parenthood does it EVERY DAY with the assistance of tax revenue from US taxpayers.
Well said Declan and Giggle! What's ironic to me is that the left often cite Europe as such a great example for everything but ignore the fact that nearly all European countries outlaw abortion after the 1st Trimester and NONE allow abortion after 20 weeks yet we have many states that allow it after 26 weeks even when it's clear that the baby is alive as it could be born prematurely and live at like 21 weeks.
Maybe the US needs some simple lifestyle changes more than yakking about the Constitution or getting Supreme Court rulings?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2021, 10:14 am

jai yen yen wrote:
December 7, 2021, 2:55 am
Women like to say it is their body and they can do what they want. The baby in a pregnant woman is another person living inside her and not her body. if people took the time to see what abortions were really like they would have a different opinion as well. Babies aborted but still alive left to die, absolutely barbaric behavior for a civilized society.
The worry is that it's still generally a bunch of old white men that are gurning and legislating about women's everything.

Don't get me started on those 'machine guns' in those 'civilized' shopping malls.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2021, 10:15 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 7, 2021, 9:13 am
Teacher Dan wrote:
...... What's ironic to me is that the left often cite Europe as such a great example for everything but ignore the fact that nearly all European countries outlaw abortion after the 1st Trimester and NONE allow abortion after 20 weeks.....

These credible links tend to support the fact they are not correct. Nothing to do with left or right.

Slam dunk.... next?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 10:41 am

tamada wrote:
December 7, 2021, 10:15 am
jackspratt wrote:
Teacher Dan wrote:

Slam dunk.... next?
Actually no slam dunk so don't pat yourself on the back yet as NONE of your sources refute what I said and I quote

"Some European countries’ laws set the time limit for abortion on request or broad social grounds between 18-24 weeks of pregnancy, whereas others set the limit around the first trimester of pregnancy."

Nothing there refutes my claim that many restrict abortion after the first trimester and none allow abortion after 26 weeks. The best you can claim is that I might be wrong about none allowing abortions after 20 weeks, but since that is between 18-24 your source doesn't say. Next.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 10:46 am

And now for the slam dunk after your own source belied your claim! The left always like to compare America to Europe but as Judge Roberts pointed out in the latest SCOTUS case, MOST European countries and even many around the world restrict abortion after the first trimester. They only allow abortion after that point for situations in which there are medical issues--no one in America has ever talked about restricting for medical issues--and the UK requires 2 doctors to prove your 'medical issue' claim.

https://www.pewforum.org/2008/09/30/abo ... the-world/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in ... worldwide/

It looks like game, set, match.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 7, 2021, 1:55 pm

Teacher Dan wrote:
December 7, 2021, 10:46 am
And now for the slam dunk after your own source belied your claim! The left always like to compare America to Europe but as Judge Roberts pointed out in the latest SCOTUS case, MOST European countries and even many around the world restrict abortion after the first trimester. They only allow abortion after that point for situations in which there are medical issues--no one in America has ever talked about restricting for medical issues--and the UK requires 2 doctors to prove your 'medical issue' claim.

Odd that you pulled this up and posted it. I had one of these links ready to go along with another from the BBC that outlined abortion regulations in the UK. After learning about the requirements for abortion in the UK, it made me wonder why so many British expats are horrified at states wanting to restrict abortion in the US.

Enjoyed the read. \:D/
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2021, 2:03 pm

And then there was two...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2021, 2:07 pm

Teacher Dan wrote:
December 7, 2021, 10:41 am
tamada wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
Teacher Dan wrote:

Slam dunk.... next?
Actually no slam dunk so don't pat yourself on the back yet as NONE of your sources refute what I said and I quote

"Some European countries’ laws set the time limit for abortion on request or broad social grounds between 18-24 weeks of pregnancy, whereas others set the limit around the first trimester of pregnancy."

Nothing there refutes my claim that many restrict abortion after the first trimester and none allow abortion after 26 weeks. The best you can claim is that I might be wrong about none allowing abortions after 20 weeks, but since that is between 18-24 your source doesn't say. Next.
Nothing to do with left or right.
Teacher Dan wrote:

Still nothing to do with left or right.

PS: Not my sources BTW but carry on with the sporting analogies. Own goals are my favorite but foot-shooting may be more apropos for those 'over there'.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 7, 2021, 3:24 pm

Teacher Dan wrote:

To quote your initial post, and to which I replied:
.....and NONE allow abortion after 20 weeks .....
In fact, using your own source ie the WAPO, 25+ countries in Europe allow abortion after 20 weeks.

Your other source is restricted to quoting 10 countries of the 40+ in Europe.

You found a couple of credible sources 👍

Unfortunately, neither of them support your original statement. 👎

ps love the fact that you use the WAPO as one of your credible links. ;)

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 5:26 pm

Actually they all do as nothing was ever said about medical conditions and those are the ONLY situations in which they allow after 20 weeks so my point stands. Thanks for playing though.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 5:28 pm

tamada wrote:
December 7, 2021, 2:07 pm
Teacher Dan wrote:
December 7, 2021, 10:41 am
tamada wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
Teacher Dan wrote:

Slam dunk.... next?

Nothing to do with left or right.
Teacher Dan wrote:

Still nothing to do with left or right.

PS: Not my sources BTW but carry on with the sporting analogies. Own goals are my favorite but foot-shooting may be more apropos for those 'over there'.
I didn't shoot myself in the foot as I proved my point....case closed.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 5:29 pm

tamada wrote:
December 7, 2021, 10:14 am
jai yen yen wrote:
December 7, 2021, 2:55 am
The worry is that it's still generally a bunch of old white men that are gurning and legislating about women's everything.

Don't get me started on those 'machine guns' in those 'civilized' shopping malls.
It's not a bunch of old white men legislating so your point is a complete lie just like the 'machine gun' lie as NOBODY in America owns a machine gun as they are completely illegal for civilians and have been for decades--that is another favorite leftist lie.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 7, 2021, 5:31 pm

Seems your computer has a reverse gear.

Happy to set you right, and anyone else who may have read, and believed, your incorrect information.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 5:49 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 7, 2021, 5:31 pm
Seems your computer has a reverse gear.

Happy to set you right, and anyone else who may have read, and believed, your incorrect information.
I didn't say anything incorrect so your opinion and lies set nothing right. For the record most countries in Europe restrict abortions after the first trimester except for medical situations. And then most only allow that up to 20 weeks and few allow any after that point. None allow abortions just because you want one at 26 weeks or beyond, unlike the US where you can get abortion on demand for no reason up to birth in some states. Facts matter and I rest my case--thanks for playing.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 7, 2021, 6:31 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 7, 2021, 1:55 pm
Teacher Dan wrote:

Odd that you pulled this up and posted it. I had one of these links ready to go along with another from the BBC that outlined abortion regulations in the UK. After learning about the requirements for abortion in the UK, it made me wonder why so many British expats are horrified at states wanting to restrict abortion in the US.

Enjoyed the read. \:D/
Great minds think alike! LOL!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2021, 6:37 pm

Just because the mighty, righty whities and their beluvved NRA have helped to blur the lines with the semantics of "semi-automatic" and "assault weapons" and "bump stocks" and other excuses to shoot 'em up but NOT call them what the more civilised world KNOWS is a bloody machine gun doesn't mean it's not one.

Keep shootin' pardner. One foot left.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”