Abortion

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: Abortion

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 9, 2021, 7:19 pm

samsam wrote:
October 9, 2021, 5:54 pm

Well i am still happy and You will never be, you have problem with almost everything and an enormus urge to tell everybody what to think and do
I have a problem with people who claim to be educated and civilized and repeatedly have difficulty understanding the written word. I also have a problem with people who seek to silence others with a different view.

I give my opinion just like everyone else. Everyone who posts here has an enormous urge to provide their opinions. I do not tell anyone what to think or what to do, but there are some super fear merchants here (at least one) who claim to know what I think. I did not even tell anyone what to think or do regarding abortion. I simply stated that it is killing and that no matter what the Left uses as an excuse for doing so, it is still killing.

Unless you can provide something where I clearly told someone what to think and what to do, I believe your accusation is hollow.

As always, do what is best for you, samsam.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 9, 2021, 7:25 pm

Giggle wrote:
October 9, 2021, 6:28 pm
parrot wrote:
October 8, 2021, 5:29 pm
Texas bans abortion but has no problem with the death penalty.
More than 7 in 10 Protestants (71%) support the death penalty, while 66% of Catholics support it. Fifty-seven percent of those with no religious preference favor the death penalty for murder.
The murdered babies committed no crime, the rightly condemned have been through decades of trials, convictions, appeals, and stays.
Very astute observation. Babies in the womb are innocent.

I also do not believe that the Texas law bans abortion or that there are any criminal penalties. It is my understanding that it is a civil law that allows a lawsuit to be filed against anyone or any group who performs an abortion after 6 weeks and/or a heartbeat is detected. So in the first six weeks of pregnancy, the abortion is legal in Texas.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 10, 2021, 2:36 am

What's the law in Thailand? I think a woman has to say she was raped for it to be lawful but I'm not sure. One of my step-daughters once had an abortion. She hadn't even told us she was pregnant and the father's mother paid for the abortion. This annoyed me; particularly since the young man was the best boyfriend she had ever had. He worked and had a good job. I would have told her to have the baby and I'd pay to raise the child as I have with her other two from different fathers.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 3:17 am

Current law in Texas makes abortions illegal after 6 weeks, even if rape and/or incest are involved. Governor Abbott is a little twisted.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2021, 7:36 am

GT93 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 2:36 am
What's the law in Thailand? I think a woman has to say she was raped for it to be lawful but I'm not sure. One of my step-daughters once had an abortion. She hadn't even told us she was pregnant and the father's mother paid for the abortion. This annoyed me; particularly since the young man was the best boyfriend she had ever had. He worked and had a good job. I would have told her to have the baby and I'd pay to raise the child as I have with her other two from different fathers.
Have a advisory word with her GT .. numerous methods for contraception pills , injections , CONDOMS... and the obvious one keeping her knickers on n legs crossed...

I dont agree with abortion .. but factors such as rape and incest need addressing.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » October 10, 2021, 8:38 am

Those against abortion should also be ok with the state paying to raise the child if it is unwanted, or there is a lack of financial means. Right.

And if taxes need to be raised to cover this , so be it.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 8:59 am

In the United States there's currently over 400,000 children in foster care and another 11 million children living in poverty. Maybe we should be looking at that first instead of adding to the problem.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 10, 2021, 9:41 am

As with anything in increased State responsibility the answer is definetily not raising taxes. That is the simple way out.
Governments need to start to reduce expenditures to pay for other programs.
How about looking at things like Military spending, to be cut

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 9:52 am

All of these self-righteous individuals who are against the woman's rights and claim to be concerned for the life of the baby, they don't give a rat's ass about what happens to the child after it's born. They don't give a damn if they wind up in foster care or they are living in poverty, it's not their problem anymore. But in reality, it was never their problem or any of their business to begin with.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 10, 2021, 9:56 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 8:59 am
In the United States there's currently over 400,000 children in foster care and another 11 million children living in poverty. Maybe we should be looking at that first instead of adding to the problem.
the forgotten, where's the outrage. oh yeh there is none. not a fan of abortion , but better than what happened in canada where the children were 'aborted' by the church many years after they were born and buried in shallow unmarked graves. bringing children into the world to face poverty and rejection , would it not be better for them not to suffer in the first place.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 10, 2021, 10:15 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 8, 2021, 9:06 pm
The poster who started this thread is all over the place. Initially he claimed that the government should not be involved in the woman's rights, then comes back and states that the woman with 10 children should be sterilized. So is this individual claiming that he has the right to determine the woman's right and the government doesn't?

And as far as the holier than thou hypocrite, apples and oranges.
So you think that more money for more welfare children is the right way to go? You can bet that if her welfare payments were not increased, she would continue to have more babies? She would decide to use birth control. There are limits.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 10:22 am

glalt wrote:
October 10, 2021, 10:15 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 8, 2021, 9:06 pm
The poster who started this thread is all over the place. Initially he claimed that the government should not be involved in the woman's rights, then comes back and states that the woman with 10 children should be sterilized. So is this individual claiming that he has the right to determine the woman's right and the government doesn't?

And as far as the holier than thou hypocrite, apples and oranges.
So you think that more money for more welfare children is the right way to go? You can bet that if her welfare payments were not increased, she would continue to have more babies? She would decide to use birth control. There are limits.
I never said that. What I said in that post is that you contradicted yourself, or better yet, that the government shouldn't control what the woman should be able to do, but you can. All this new Texas law does is add to the welfare system.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 10, 2021, 11:26 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 9:52 am
All of these self-righteous individuals who are against the woman's rights and claim to be concerned for the life of the baby, they don't give a rat's ass about what happens to the child after it's born. They don't give a damn if they wind up in foster care or they are living in poverty, it's not their problem anymore. But in reality, it was never their problem or any of their business to begin with.
Super powers at work again claiming to know the private concern and efforts that are made by others in their private donations of money and time.

Every community, borough, county, city, village, province and state has the power to deal with poverty and abandoned children in ways that they see fit. From private charity to pubic government involvement, they all do what they are able.

For those so outraged by what they perceive as the lack of care for the downtrodden and abandoned children and want more done, nothing prevents anyone from making private donations of their money and time.

When I was in elementary school, I had two classmates who were orphans and brothers from the Catholic orphanage in town. They went through seven grades with me until my family moved. I never forgot them, and I often wonder where they are today. Knowing them inspired me to share my good fortune throughout my working life. Since 1999, I have been able to donate a healthy amount of my personal wealth and time every year to orphanages and family food banks in both the United States and in Thailand.

For those who want more done, do what you can and what is best for you. It's better than killing babies in the womb.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 11:39 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:26 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 9:52 am
Super powers at work again claiming to know the private concern and efforts that are made by others in their private donations of money and time.

Every community, borough, county, city, village, province and state has the power to deal with poverty and abandoned children in ways that they see fit. From private charity to pubic government involvement, they all do what they are able.

For those so outraged by what they perceive as the lack of care for the downtrodden and abandoned children and want more done, nothing prevents anyone from making private donations of their money and time.

When I was in elementary school, I had two classmates who were orphans and brothers from the Catholic orphanage in town. They went through seven grades with me until my family moved. I never forgot them, and I often wonder where they are today. Knowing them inspired me to share my good fortune throughout my working life. Since 1999, I have been able to donate a healthy amount of my personal wealth and time every year to orphanages and family food banks in both the United States and in Thailand.

For those who want more done, do what you can and what is best for you. It's better than killing babies in the womb.

Look at you and your superpowers, I was referring to our Texas governor and the Texas GOP genius.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 10, 2021, 11:47 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:39 am
I was referring to our Texas governor and the Texas GOP genius.
So easy to say that now. :lol: Over 400 characters typed, and not a word about any governor or even a 3-letter GOP.

Whatever you say. :lol:

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 11:49 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:47 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:39 am
I was referring to our Texas governor and the Texas GOP genius.
So easy to say that now. :lol: Over 400 characters typed, and not a word about any governor or even a 3-letter GOP.

Whatever you say. :lol:
Look at my previous posts on this issue your holiness.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 10, 2021, 11:51 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:49 am
I did not quote previous posts. You know what happens when people assume. I can only go by what I read in that post.

Nice try though. :lol:

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 11:52 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:51 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:49 am
I did not quote previous posts. You know what happens when people assume. I can only go by what I read in that post.

Nice try though. :lol:
Too bad you're not as smart as you think you are.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 10, 2021, 11:56 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:52 am
So you are going to use that super power again to determine what I think? :lol: You have done that before, and it has not worked out well for you.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 10, 2021, 11:57 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:56 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:52 am
So you are going to use that super power again to determine what I think? :lol: You have done that before, and it has not worked out well for you.
I can only go by what you post.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”