Abortion

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Re: Abortion

Post by Teacher Dan » December 15, 2021, 10:54 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 15, 2021, 10:04 pm
Teacher Dan wrote:
December 15, 2021, 9:23 pm

What I said is absolute fact and beyond debate. Out.
So much for "an open mind, and critical thinking" then I guess. ;)
That has nothing to do it--you are disputing facts that simply cannot be refuted so it has nothing to do with 'an open-mind'--why on earth would I be open to lies? That's stupid and the exact opposite of critical thinking but since you have no idea what that or common sense are, it's not surprising.

“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 15, 2021, 11:22 pm

Your alternative facts have been refuted.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 16, 2021, 1:16 am

A woman can legally abort her child as it is considered a foetus, not a baby. A woman has a baby shower to celebrate her baby, later on she can change her mind, call the child a foetus and kill it. Makes sense?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 16, 2021, 4:54 am

Teacher Dan wrote:
December 14, 2021, 4:02 pm
She claims to be pro-life but then justifies abortion with the same leftist lies that have never been a part of the various laws attempting to restrict it--no one and no law says you can't have an abortion if medically necessary or if you were raped or in cases of incest. Those are tired old arguments that the left always bring out with no actual basis in fact as no one on the right even argues that.
'“They shouldn’t have introduced it in the first place, Goldberg said. “But now they’ve opened up the door to it, and it’s just, you watch and see how many folks come running through, because the bottom line is, really, has always been, I, too, am pro-life. No one that I know who has had an abortion went willingly or happily. They went because they had to go, because they didn’t have a choice. Now, I don’t want anyone to have one who doesn’t want it.”

“There’s no mandate saying you must have an abortion,” she continued. “The mandate, though, says, ‘well, you can’t have one if you need it and it’s not even that I’m going to allow you to speak to your doctor. If your life is on the line, I don’t care. If you’re someone who has had to deal with incest, I don’t care. If you’ve been raped, it doesn’t matter.'”'
https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/13/whoo ... carpenter/
As usual you don’t know what you’re talking about. The new Texas law specifically states that one person can sue another person for getting an abortion even if it involves rape or Incest.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 16, 2021, 5:30 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 16, 2021, 4:54 am
The new Texas law specifically states that one person can sue another person for getting an abortion even if it involves rape or Incest.
And because the Texas law is a civil law, and because the SCOTUS has ruled to allow defendants to sue the state over the law, there could be a suit and a counter suit. The case could be adjudicated to allow the abortion to take place in case of rape or incest or for any other reason.

Civil law is not carved in stone unless there is some case precedent that matches exactly the circumstances of the case.

In effect, the highest court in the land has decided that each abortion case in Texas may be decided on the circumstances and the merits.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 16, 2021, 5:31 am

jai yen yen wrote:
December 16, 2021, 1:16 am
A woman can legally abort her child as it is considered a foetus, not a baby. A woman has a baby shower to celebrate her baby, later on she can change her mind, call the child a foetus and kill it. Makes sense?
It makes sense for the Left, where the rule of law all depends on how one feels on any particular day.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 16, 2021, 5:45 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 16, 2021, 5:30 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
December 16, 2021, 4:54 am
The new Texas law specifically states that one person can sue another person for getting an abortion even if it involves rape or Incest.
And because the Texas law is a civil law, and because the SCOTUS has ruled to allow defendants to sue the state over the law, there could be a suit and a counter suit. The case could be adjudicated to allow the abortion to take place in case of rape or incest or for any other reason.

Civil law is not carved in stone unless there is some case precedent that matches exactly the circumstances of the case.

In effect, the highest court in the land has decided that each abortion case in Texas may be decided on the circumstances and the merits.
It’s still a LAW Challo. Your sidekick made the claim there wasn’t a LAW that didn’t allow abortions for rape or incest.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 16, 2021, 6:23 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 16, 2021, 5:45 am
I was responding to your statement above, which was only partially correct regarding the Texas law. The response was not to anyone else or in defense of anyone else.

If you read the law (and I have taken the time to do so), the law only mentions rape or incest 2 or 3 times. Those mentions are only as it applies to the victim reporting the assault to law enforcement and in consultation with the physician performing the abortion. Nowhere else about nothing else.

The law does NOT "specifically" state that the plaintiff can sue "even if it involves rape or Incest."

The law's focus is only on the first six weeks of the pregnancy and a heartbeat.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 16, 2021, 6:34 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 16, 2021, 6:23 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
December 16, 2021, 5:45 am
I was responding to your statement above, which was only partially correct regarding the Texas law. The response was not to anyone else or in defense of anyone else.

If you read the law (and I have taken the time to do so), the law only mentions rape or incest 2 or 3 times. Those mentions are only as it applies to the victim reporting the assault to law enforcement and in consultation with the physician performing the abortion. Nowhere else about nothing else.

The law does NOT "specifically" state that the plaintiff can sue "even if it involves rape or Incest."

The law's focus is only on the first six weeks of the pregnancy and a heartbeat.
LOL. The law is stated the way I wrote it, the law does not exclude someone from suing someone else for an abortion even in the case of rape or incest if it’s not aborted within 6 weeks, before someone may even know they are pregnant. The governor said that live at a news conference. The governor’s rationale for that is he was going to take all the rapist off the streets. So try again Challo. You only responded to defend your sidekick.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 16, 2021, 7:04 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 16, 2021, 6:34 am
The governor said that live at a news conference.
The governor said that abortion and incest were included, but it is not in the law, as you incorrectly stated.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 16, 2021, 7:11 am

Teacher Dan wrote:
December 15, 2021, 9:27 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
December 15, 2021, 7:30 pm

Again you are VERY quick in insulting people, maybe I am mis-informed by the US Press and News outlets, but then they are all yours not mine.,SZo maybe I should take a leaf out of your book.
But then as I am at least some sort of a Gentleman not a Red neck American whose only claim to fame is his big mouth I will not bother to trade barbs with you. Oh have a nice day ......!

As to my political leanings, I have none, as I have the ability to think and use my common-sense, maybe you should do the same instead of trotting out garbage partisan garbage, you are not in the US any more, so you can forget that partisan hogwash.
If you are insulted at rightly being called a leftist or a sheep, maybe you should inward instead of outward. FYI, I'm not a redneck and you're not a gentleman--in fact you were a desk jockey for the police for years and nothing more. And I don't speak partisan garbage--I speak facts. Have a nice day!
Again the insults, a Desk Jockey for the Police , just goes to show that your ignorance of British Police and their workings is incredible, but then judging by so many Videos of American Police behaving like little hitlers I am not surprised at your comments.
I do not have to explain my 30 years service nor even my military service to you or anyone, but 30 years working without a GUN strapped to me body like support for my ego certainly made me what I am today, as for being a gentleman, the tone of your insults and name calling shows that you are certainly NOT one.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 16, 2021, 7:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 16, 2021, 7:11 am
insults and name calling
You spend a lot of time dishing it out on here in just about any topic.

I guess it is not so much fun being on the receiving end, huh?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 16, 2021, 7:40 am

No, no. You got that wrong.

\:D/
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 16, 2021, 8:48 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 16, 2021, 7:04 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
December 16, 2021, 6:34 am
The governor said that live at a news conference.
The governor said that abortion and incest were included, but it is not in the law, as you incorrectly stated.
It is included so it is the law.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » December 16, 2021, 11:31 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 16, 2021, 7:11 am

I do not have to explain my 30 years service nor even my military service to you or anyone, but 30 years working without a GUN strapped to me body like support for my ego certainly made me what I am today, as for being a gentleman, the tone of your insults and name calling shows that you are certainly NOT one.
Unlike you I never lied and claimed to be one so......
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 18, 2021, 11:56 am

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/1 ... rry-elder/
If the Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, What Happens?
NBC's Tim Russert quoted Justice Antonin Scalia, saying, "(Scalia's quote) may surprise some people: ... 'If a state were to permit abortion on demand, I would and could in good conscience vote against an attempt to invalidate that law. ... I have religious views on the subject, but they have nothing whatever to do with my job.'" Note Russert's assertion that this "may surprise some people."

This "surprise" is because leftists in academia, mainstream media and Hollywood confuse people on the issue. Roe did not legalize abortion. Rather, the Court discovered a "right to privacy" — nowhere mentioned in the Constitution.
It is true. There is NO RIGHT TO PRIVACY anywhere in the Constitution.
Our Founding Fathers restricted the duties, powers and obligations of the federal government, leaving the remainder to the people and to the states themselves. This includes abortion.
With a reversal of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court says this: Where the Constitution fails to provide a specific empowerment for the federal government — butt out.

Now that may surprise some people.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 19, 2021, 1:45 am

New Zealand updated its abortion laws in 2020:
Abortion is no longer a crime in New Zealand after lawmakers voted to pass the Abortion Legislation Bill which brings abortion out of the Crimes Act. The legislation passed 68 against 51.

"For over 40 years abortion has been the only medical procedure considered a crime in New Zealand. But from now abortions will be rightly treated as a health issue," Justice Minister Andrew Little said after the Bill passed on Wednesday night...
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics ... ament.html

There wasn't much fuss although there were a lot of religious people objecting to the changes. The overall effect was to make it easier to have an abortion. MPs were free to vote as they wish and don't need to follow any party line. There's a high percentage of female MPs so the influence of older well off white guys is diminished.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 19, 2021, 4:57 am

Queue the unleashing of yet another frothy diatribe of righty whitey, testosterone-charged, gun-totin' holy moly.

In 3.., 2.., 1..
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 19, 2021, 5:19 am

Gettin' tired of the debate over abortion in the U.S., tamada? Shift the debate to Muslim countries and check out the status of abortions in those countries. I don't know and I doubt Doodoo has made any reference to the subject in his 'it might have happened, or maybe it didn't' thread.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 19, 2021, 5:35 am

From Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Thailand
Abortion in Thailand has been legal up to 12 weeks of pregnancy since 7 February 2021. Following a 2020 ruling of the Constitutional Court which declared a portion of the abortion statutes unconstitutional,[1] the Parliament removed first-term abortion from the criminal code. Once strict, over time laws have been relaxed to take into account high rates of teen pregnancy, women who lack the means or will to raise children, and the consequences of illegal abortion.
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) regulates medical abortions. Termination of a foetus that is fewer than nine weeks from gestation is permitted if some or all of the following criteria are met: (1) medical necessity, (2) legal necessity (e.g., rape), (3) female is under 15 years of age (and unmarried), (4) the foetus is at risk of severe abnormalities or genetic disorders
Teen pregnancies in Thailand account for as much as 15% of total pregnancies, well above the World Health Organization's 10% median. Data from the Thai Department of Health showed that 72,566 teens aged 10–19 years old gave birth in 2018, or 199 such babies being born per day. Of the total, 9% gave birth to their second child. In the 10–14 age group, 2,385 young girls, down from 2,559 in 2017, gave birth, seven cases a day.[14] According to the Thai National Health Security Office, over 300,000 women have sought medical treatment at state hospitals for incomplete abortions from 2009–2019. Nearly 100,000 of them suffered complications and infections. More than 20 of them died each year.
Patients under age 18 must have parental approval to access health care services. Adolescents emphasize the barrier that the requirement for parental consent creates. Most teens do not want their parents to know they are using reproductive health services. Parental consent is an obstacle to both general services such as birth control counseling as well as legal abortion services. Some of those interviewed describe a lack of privacy in hospitals as a barrier to accessing services. Youth responses also show that adolescents lack trust in service providers. They fear providers will not keep information confidential and are particularly anxious that providers will share information with family and other community members. This fear is heightened in smaller, close-knit rural communities.[6]: 21  Even in cases in which abortion is legal, interviewees reported that a large percentage of physicians are not willing to perform abortions or prescribe medication for medical abortion due to their beliefs or social pressures
Still a lot of room for improvement.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”