Australia Day

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Australia Day

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 9:04 am

Totally agree with those states breaking away. I think it should be named .....DUH.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 9:13 am

Earnest wrote:
January 25, 2023, 3:25 am
fatbob wrote:
January 24, 2023, 8:05 pm
Didn't become Australia until 1901, prior to that it was a British Colony under the control of Britain, not so hard to understand is it Earnst?
Doesn't matter, fatty, it was your ancestors who massacred the poor blighters. You can't demonstrate pride in your criminal family tree then ignore what the same people did to the natives and blame it on Britain. Yes, it was an invasion and the colonisers then exploited the indigenous population.
Yes they were tough times back then, my great great grand father arrived on the second fleet when the white population was about 670 and f all food, called hardship and they toughed it out, by the way I have great pride with what he and his wife went through, that was a long time ago, not snowflake 2023 where white Australians have lost it, a great quote from an Aboriginal Lionel Rose, "I just think of myself as an Australian, I don't go in for all this black and white thing. To me, we're all Australians".

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 9:40 am

Lionel Rose was a great guy, fortunately for him as a world class boxer he had enough income to go to a higher living standard, in fact in his heyday, he was the richest aboriginal in Australia, so maybe not typical.

When he was born his parents were not considered to be Australian citizens, and were not allowed to vote. Lionel himself did not get to vote at age 21 either.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 9:43 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:40 am
Lionel Rose was a great guy, fortunately for him as a world class boxer he had enough income to go to a higher living standard, in fact in his heyday, he was the richest aboriginal in Australia, so maybe not typical.

When he was born his parents were not considered to be Australian citizens, and were not allowed to vote. Lionel himself did not get to vote at age 21 either.
Lionel Rose grew up in hardship, he overcame it with hard work and luck, and the right mindset.... Not welfare based...

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 25, 2023, 10:59 am

marjamlew wrote:
January 25, 2023, 6:58 am
I'd prefer the date to change to the 2nd Monday in February. I'm already on holiday on the 26th of Jan so it's a total waste of a public holiday as far I am concerned. Also got the remember that the land, 'always was and always will be Aboriginal land.' It was never ceded and was taken by force by the colonists who did their best to wipe out the natives.
Also as a Victorian I couldn't give a stuff about when the first fleet landed in Sydney and built a penal colony. Nothing much has changed up there, they are all still crims, prostitutes and spivs.
Always believed that the civilsied states of Vic, SA, WA and Tas should break away and form our own country (what would a good name be?) on the basis that real Aussies play Australian Rules Football whilst the others play that pommy bum sniffin crap, rugby and rugby league.
If you dont like Oz, f off to another country and teach bullshiiite there.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 25, 2023, 11:00 am

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:04 am
Totally agree with those states breaking away. I think it should be named .....DUH.
Stupid comment from a Dhead.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 11:11 am

Sport wrote:
January 25, 2023, 11:00 am
Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:04 am
Stupid comment from a Dhead.
Happy Australia Day tomorrow Sport.

Luv ya sense of humour.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 12:24 pm

There you go Whistles and all others who feel the land was stolen two and a half centries ago by the Pomms, here's your chance to put your wallet where your mouths are at...

https://www.news.com.au/finance/real-es ... 2327cc9c10

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 12:39 pm

I kinda do this already in Thailand. Myself and another Aussie provide free food parcels to poor people on most big Buddha days in the village I lived in when I first came here. Budget is about 15,000 baht per occurrence that my mate and I split costs 50/50.

When I was in Australia I did charity work by helping setup the first child refuge in Kings X, served as unpaid Vice President of my Neighbourhood Centre and 22 years as an RFS volunteer.

I do put my money where my mouth is.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 25, 2023, 7:18 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 25, 2023, 12:39 pm
I kinda do this already in Thailand. Myself and another Aussie provide free food parcels to poor people on most big Buddha days in the village I lived in when I first came here. Budget is about 15,000 baht per occurrence that my mate and I split costs 50/50.

When I was in Australia I did charity work by helping setup the first child refuge in Kings X, served as unpaid Vice President of my Neighbourhood Centre and 22 years as an RFS volunteer.

I do put my money where my mouth is.
Your full of BS whistles.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 25, 2023, 7:59 pm

Cool Bob.

1. Kings Cross Youth refuge was pre internet, but Rev Bill Crews from Oddessy house was involved, we are connected still on LinkedIn, he can verify this.

2. I have already been challenged by others on this site in the past. I provided a pic of me in RFS uniform in action, can easily do again.

3. I have heaps of pics of me distributing food with my mate at Ban Nong Sa-at, so easily proven.

4. Quite a few years since I was VP at Kariong Neighbourhood Centre but Liesl Tesch , member for Gosford can verify this. I have her letter thanking me for my Community Service on my computer to verify my involvement, I am sure Liesl will verify that if I ask her. Better still, The Hon John Della Bosca (OAM) former Minister for eduction and health in NSW can verify the RFS and Neighbourhood centre.

So put your money where your mouth is. A bet, $5000 Australian dollars if my statement is false. OK. I could do with the $5000 as my divorce last year was a tad expensive.

So photo proof, Australia's one time father of the year, a former minister of the crown, and a member of the NSW parliament should suffice? No?

Udon Map to look at evidence and Adjudiicate, hopefully if he agrees, but I am sure we can find somebody else if he does not want to be involved.

So put your money where your mouth is.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 26, 2023, 8:55 am

australia-day-lunch-cruise.jpg
australia-day-lunch-cruise.jpg (32.63 KiB) Viewed 1196 times

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 26, 2023, 8:56 am

australia-day-jan-26.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2023, 10:32 am

What is the difference between yoghurt and Australia?
Yoghurt has some culture.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 26, 2023, 10:40 am

call to pay weekly rent to Indigenous Australians
this will help the voice referendum fail

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 26, 2023, 11:39 am

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY TO ALL THAT LIVE IN AUSTRALIA OR OVERSEAS AND OUR PROUD MILITARY WHEREVER THEY MAY BE SERVING. May the 26 January always stand as our National Day.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 26, 2023, 11:45 am

noosard wrote:
January 26, 2023, 10:40 am
Yeah this crap started in Melbourne, Victoria recently. Our 3% or thereabouts of the Aboriginal population receive around 30 Billion $ every year from the taxpayers of Australia, now this shiitte. Its time some politicians with backbone get up and say no way. That money probably has not been spent wisely or stolen by the various Govt.departments.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 26, 2023, 11:49 am

Before anyone tries to report this comment, Facebook has accepted it several times with the following apology after someone had complained. “We're sorry we got this wrong. We reviewed your comment again and it does follow our Community Standards.

“THEY DON’T NEED A VOICE ABOVE MINE. THIS IS RACISM! They already have a voice and they are over represented in the Parliament. This is my country and I am white, and I am disgusted at the behaviour of some stupid people around the minorities. I was born here and I don't need a welcome. We have one flag that belongs to all of us. We did not invade this country. We settled and promoted it and made it what it is today. In 1788, 1480 people arrived to settle this country. That’s not an invasion. In 2019, 245,000 pieces of the world's rejects arrived in this country. Now that’s an invasion and should be stopped.

BLACK LIVES DON’T MATTER any more than other lives. THE FURTHER A SOCIETY DRIFTS AWAY FROM THE TRUTH, THE MORE IT WILL HATE THOSE WHO SPEAK IT, (George Orwell). 13% of the population in the USA are black and they are responsible for 55% of the murder rate.

THIS IS THE TRUTH. THE FACTS DO NOT CEASE TO EXIST BECAUSE THEY ARE IGNORED…. Aboriginal people want to be taken seriously but they are their own worst enemy…. 40% of females incarcerated are indigenous and 28% of men incarcerated are indigenous. 86% of Aboriginal men who go to court re-offend within 2 years….. All the stats are at AIHW government. The biggest threat to Aboriginal people is Aboriginal people. The biggest threat to Aboriginal women is Aboriginal men. The biggest threat to Aboriginal children is Aboriginal adults. This is not ignorance. These are the facts you don't like to hear. Better you adjust your reading and listening and see and hear the real facts and stop pretending they don't exist. They do. Visit a hospital and see the results of these Neanderthals in action. White privilege. I don't think so. It is black Aboriginal privilege. Over $30 billion a year for 460,000 people is hopelessly disproportionate to the whites in Australia. A quick sum says Aboriginal people receive $47,000 per head of population as opposed to less than $22,000 per head for the rest of us. So, the white thinking is wrong and always has been. And the smoking ceremony for welcome to country was a joke started for a television skit by Ernie Dingo more than 25 years ago. Go figure”
These are not my words but those from The Alan Jones Show. The Qld State government employment recruitment has a positive discrimination policy of 10 percent indigenous recruitment which l support, but unless the state and federal government support safer family environment to bring children up, all their current posturings are just words whilst indigenous females will continue to be raped, indigenous children will be violated.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 26, 2023, 12:06 pm

Where are your statdecs Tony?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2023, 12:29 pm

Sport wrote:
January 26, 2023, 11:45 am
noosard wrote:
January 26, 2023, 10:40 am
Yeah this crap started in Melbourne, Victoria recently. Our 3% or thereabouts of the Aboriginal population receive around 30 Billion $ every year from the taxpayers of Australia, now this shiitte. Its time some politicians with backbone get up and say no way. That money probably has not been spent wisely or stolen by the various Govt.departments.
But notably not squandered by the recipients.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”