BMW speeding kills 3 near Khao Kho

Thailand news, views and comments
Zidane
udonmap.com

BMW speeding kills 3 near Khao Kho

Post by Zidane » June 18, 2021, 12:53 pm

This story is a few days old and relies on Google Translate but a BMW reportedly being driven at speeds of over 150km crashed into another vehicle killing the two lady occupants.
The 50 year old driver of the BMW also died but his 18 year old girl passenger survived.
Both of the BMW occupants were from Bangkok and were believed to be travelling back home from Khao Kho.
The girl passenger had earlier texted friends "it's racing, it's fun "
The accident happened on the Khao Kho -Lomsak road which is very winding and hilly.

"Home News .....Kill 3 bodies! BMW sports car smashed into the rain The last live, the girl sitting next to me said, “It’s racing.”
BMW sedan drives through the rain, crashes across the lane, crashes into a Suzuki sedan, kills two bodies. The sports car driver died at the hospital. The last Facebook live, the girl sitting next to him said, “Go fast, go fast."

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

samuel
udonmap.com

Re: BMW speeding kills 3 near Khao Kho

Post by samuel » June 18, 2021, 1:27 pm

Zidane wrote:
June 18, 2021, 12:53 pm
….
i bet wet road as a excuse...
obviously the driver did not know that the car roof can also be closed.
money doesn't replace intelligence - does it?
hiso donkey...
pics and vid on FB here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9835335 ... 657332006/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2021, 2:08 pm

Speeding definitely and standing water probably. However, I didn't see any amulets and the like in the usual places did you?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 18, 2021, 3:07 pm

The girl took a long video of the view in the mountains, the clouds in the valleys, etc.....for quite a while, the driver seems to be going at a reasonable speed and if it's raining, it's not much. But at some point the speed picks up (I'm not sure if it was driver-initiated or 18year old - 'wing wing' (วิ่งๆ) encouraged........but the driver lost control, the car crossed the median, and he hit the opposing car head on.
If I'm not mistaken, I've seen a similar convertible BMW in Udon

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 19, 2021, 7:08 am

Typ[ical case of look at me attitude, Convertibhle in the rain with the top down, showing off and lack of concentration, needless deaths and untold grief for the family. Too fast and probable standing water as previously explained coupled with low experience and bad attitude, plus a heft dose of stupidity.

Return to “Thailand News”