High speed Rail Link

Thailand news, views and comments
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: High speed Rail Link

Post by FrazeeDK » October 3, 2022, 11:48 am

Khoat to Saraburi High Speed construction continues apace. Surprising due to the weather but they seem to be dealing with it. I anticipate the dry season will see a surge in construction.... This guy does updates on the HSR every month.. 58 minutes but the amount of pillars and elevated track already constructed, primarily inthe last year is amazinhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyJHW25647I

Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 3, 2022, 6:45 pm

That's pretty impressive! I would expect the route from Saraburi to Nong Khai to go pretty quickly considering the easier terrain.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 3, 2022, 9:33 pm

well, its nice and flat from Khorat south to the hills. They seem to be making rapid progress.. From Khorat to Khon Khean the SRT dual tracking is done with all the U-Turn bridges, Overpasses, Underpasses and train stations rebuilt. Depending upon how much of it they plan on having elevated it indeed could go quite quickly. From KK to Udon to Nong Khai is equally fairly easy with only some rolling hills north of KK, the Nam Pong River and a number of creeks.. SRT plans on doing their dual track at about the same time frame as the SRT.. I would say, as I have before, that if you see an announcement they've started the railway bridge across the Mekong that will signal a big push to get the HSR done... China wants that resource corridor from Kunming down to Mapthaput near Rayong.. It will be primarily freight although most of the publicity has been all about the "250kph passender trains"..
Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 3, 2022, 9:42 pm

Agree.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 22, 2022, 1:16 pm

Google translate the link at https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/159979 ... WNl_v1opl8
Thai government resolve to fund the HSR 100% and to maintain control of land rights along the path of the tracks. Fully constructed and operated by Thais.
I'm not a fan of different track sizes as that'd appear to make a significant cut in travel time from say Bangkok to China. Too much red tape with border issues as well. But, it's their way forward.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 22, 2022, 3:05 pm

The current SRT one meter gauge has a lower weight carrying capacity than the Standard Gauge rail system. Note the article once again focuses completely on passenger trains and the 250kph max speed. If the Thai HSR follows in the footsteps of the Lao-China rail then the huge majority of its traffic will be freight. The HSR/SGR will branch at Kaeng Khoi northeast of Saraburi and one branch will got to Mapthaput Port near Rayong... Freight...Resource movement...
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 25, 2022, 3:12 pm

same guy posted a traveling update of the Khorat to Pak Chong High Speed Rail Construction a bit over a month ago. Doesn't seem like the rains and flood slowed them down too much.. One of my previouss speculations was that the HSR could be built faster than up in Laos due to the flatter terrain and less tunnels and bridgers. Hoever, seeing that it appears the bulk of the construction this guy videos is elevated that may lengthen then build. But, they sure seem to be going great guns with it... I wish he'd dismount from the train up near the Lam Thakong Dam in the mountains and show us the actual progrss on the tunnel that's being built for the HSR..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2EgN8MJyg
Dave

Return to “Thailand News”